Wilton House Residence, 5-6 College Square North, Belfast,
Contact the Agent
CPS (New Homes)
Property Types (0 available)
Steeped in a wealth of history and culture dating back to the 1820s, the striking Wilton House building reflects the beauty of Georgian craftsmanship, preserving its baroque design all the while benefitting from the restoration provided by the house’s recently completed refurbishment project.
Boasting an impressive past, Wilton House was designed by the infamous architect, Thomas Jackson. Initially designed to provide accommodation in Belfast City Centre, Wilton House was transformed into the Hotel Metropole in 1894 and offered homely lodgings for guests from across the city and beyond. Most notably, Wilton House maintains a prominent association with the Royal National Institute for Deaf People, acting as a headquarters for the organisation for more than one hundred years. New residents of Wilton House can observe the building’s blue plaque commemoration of Francis Maginn, hailed a pioneering figure within the deaf community.
Moving into the year 2022, Wilton House now proudly stands to provide exceptional accommodation to prospective residents whilst respecting and retaining the heritage associated with its past. Located at the heart of Belfast City Centre, Wilton House guarantees easy access to all that Belfast has to offer.
Conveniently situated within walking distance of the Belfast Grand Central Transport Hub, awaiting opening within the near future, transport has never been easier for those making the daily commute. What’s more, the nearby Westlink and connecting motorways are also accessible within minutes, ensuring hassle-free travel across Northern Ireland.
Surrounded by some of Belfast’s most striking architectural landmarks, including John Bell House, the Royal Belfast Academical Institution and the various historic buildings of Wellington Place, residents of Wilton House can truly appreciate this renowned area of the city. Thanks to its perfect positioning, Wilton House is located just minutes away from much to see and do. Whether its shopping at Victoria Square, relaxing at a local pub or restaurant, or enjoying one of the many performances featured at the Ulster Hall or Waterfront Hall, residents of Wilton House can rest assured that every amenity they could ever need can be accessed in just minutes from their doorstep.
Eight stunning apartments, Wilton House offers something truly special to a wide variety of home seekers.
Living within a listed building, residents of Wilton House can enjoy the unique experience of settling into their exclusive property. With choice between five beautifully finished one-bedroom apartments and three spaciously designed three-bedroom options, the regeneration of Wilton House has been completed keeping the needs of the modern homeowner in mind.
Worth noting, the newly developed Kings Mews Residences building will also become available in the Spring of 2023, providing a number of similarly outstanding properties. Each apartment, fondly named after a key figure relating to Wilton House’s past, is characterised by a stylish, modern interior featuring ornate detailing throughout the entire property, designed to represent the house’s Georgian origins.
Finished to an impeccably high standard, these apartments lend themselves to easy maintenance and strike the ideal balance between contemporary living whilst preserving significant architectural elements of the past.
– Impressive high and low level units, kitchen doors in porcelain colour, worktop with tiled splashback and island with solid white oak worktop
– Integrated appliances to include Bosch ceramic hob and oven, integrated extractor fan, washing machine / tumble dryer, fridge freezer and dishwasher (dishwasher in 3 bedroom apartments only)
– Over worktop LED recessed lighting
– Contemporary white sanitary ware with chrome fittings
– Heated towel rail to bathroom and ensuite
– Showers in bathrooms and ensuites to be thermostatically controlled on slimline trays
– Twin head rainfall showers in all shower rooms
– Recessed downlights to bathrooms
FLOOR COVERING & TILING
– Oak herringbone flooring or oak wide plank flooring to entrance hall, kitchen and living areas
– Shower room walls fully tiled with exclusive Fanal tiling, floors fully tiled with Roca Travertine
– Carpets to bedrooms
– Original magnificent coving to apartments 1-4 has been painstakingly retained and restored by local craftsmen
– Original Georgian skirting and architrave detail has been maintained throughout all floors of the property complete with Georgian style 4 panel moulded doors finished with Carlisle Brass satin gold ironmongery
– Built-in wardrobes to all bedrooms with Carlisle Brass ironmongery
– Mains smoke and heat detectors
– Feature lighting to entrance hallway and stair landings
– Fully painted using Farrow & Ball Heritage Collection
– Electric Heat Sadia boiler connected to traditional wet plumbing system and radiators - Totally silent in operation
– Statement lighting in living area
– Recessed downlights to bedrooms
– Comprehensive range of electrical points, sockets, television and telephone points (with BT extension to lounge area)
– Recessed down–lights to kitchen, ensuite and bathroom
– Windows to the front elevation have been refurbished with new weight, pulleys and ironmongery, brought to a modern specification by the addition of secondary glazing to achieve modern thermal and acoustic requirements
– New solid teak double glazed sliding sash windows to the rear
– Communal and amenity areas will be maintained by a management company with the management fee to be agreed
– The developers in conjunction with Gyproc Isover have ensured this historic building meets and surpasses all modern requirements in relation to thermal insulation and acoustic sound protection between floors and apartments
– Each home will be issued with a Global 10 year warranty certificate
Other Developments by
SPOTTED A PROBLEM? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings.