St John's House, 65 Point Road,
Downpatrick, Killough, BT30 7QX
7 Bed Detached House
Contact the Agent
Alexander Reid & Frazer Estate Agents
No results, try changing your mortgage criteria below
Is this your property? Attract more buyers by upgrading your listing
- St John's House, Killough, Downpatrick a Romantic Georgian Residence within Co Down on the Coast of Killough
- Drawing room with wood burning stove and sliding sash windows with window seats
- Piano room with Antique fireplace with garden views and window seats
- Library with feature fireplace and garden views
- Dining room with feature fireplace and cornicing
- Generous kitchen with breakfast bar and dining
- Breakfast room with oil Aga and Quarry floor tile, tack room and farm door
- Utility room, boot room, tack room and stores
- Seven double bedrooms plus separate dressing room
- Two bathrooms and one spacious shower room
- Double Garaging and separate garage
- Snooker room
- The property could be adapted into a self containing space or ideal for holiday lets
- Space for Helicopter pad for any keen golfers being approx. 5 minute flight time to Royal County Down Golf Clubs.
- Sweeping driveway with entrance pillars and array of mature trees and shrubs
- A gardners delight with its extensive lawns surrounding the home with an array of shrubs and trees
- Grade B1 Listing
Welcoming to the market this romantic 19th Century Country Estate detached home with paddock, double garaging, outbuildings set in the County Down Coast off St Johns Point, Killough, Downpatrick.
When location and home combine, this home will not disappoint, the residence has been carefully and tastefully maintained throughout the years. Grade B1 Listing.
The residence boasts charming original character with its gorgeous Georgian style and finish. A unique home, in its design and layout giving cantilever staircase, sash windows, beautiful cornicing, high ceilings and much more.
We are delighted to offer for sale this exquisite detached home with five reception rooms, seven bedrooms and outbuildings plus paddock. An ideal location for a helicopter pad and around 5 minutes flying tine to Newcastle Co Down which has the Royal golf Club and 5 star Slieve Donard Hotel.
Killough is well known for its outstanding beaches and coastal drives from land to shore and beyond.
For further details and to book a private viewing appointment please contact the valuer Mary-Lou or Joanne on 02844619966.
- Impressive entrance porch with black and white floor tiling, pillar entrance and double solid wood doors.
- ENTRANCE HALL:
- 4.982m x 3.735m (16' 4" x 12' 3")
Immediately you are greeted with the character and charm by the original features, high ceilings and cornicing, solid wood flooring.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 7.214m x 4.988m (23' 8" x 16' 4")
Feature fireplace with wood burning stove, sash windows with window seats and shutters, garden views, picture rail and carpet
- PIANO ROOM
- 7.34m x 5.m (24' 1" x 16' 5")
Antique fireplace surround with marble inset, cornicing, sash windows with shutters and window seats overlooking the gardens, solid pitch pine wood flooring, picture rail and radiators.
- REAR HALLWAY:
- 6.705m x 3.899m (21' 12" x 12' 10")
Featuring the cantilever staircase with mahogany ballistrade, the rear hall offers corncing and pitch pine flooring.
- 5.736m x 4.634m (18' 10" x 15' 2")
An impressive Libary with ornate shelving and high ceilings, fireplace with mahogany mantle, sash windows with garden views
- SNUG/BOOT ROOM
- 4.33m x 3.87m (14' 2" x 12' 8")
family room off the rear hallway with laminate flooring, radiator.
- REAR PORCH
- Tiled floor
- Low level wc, and wash hand basin
- BUTLERS PANTRY
- REAR HALLWAY:
- DINING ROOM:
- 6.048m x 4.682m (19' 10" x 15' 4")
Adam Style fireplace with marble inset, generous dining room with garden views, feature fireplace with open fire, window seat, picture rail, cornicing.
- MORNING ROOM/KITCHEN
- 6.332m x 5.81m (20' 9" x 19' 1")
Quarry tiled floor, oil AGA, stable yard door to the outter courtyard.
- TACK ROOM
- 5.349m x 2.164m (17' 7" x 7' 1")
Stone flooring and shelving
- 5.826m x 4.172m (19' 1" x 13' 8")
High and low solid oak units with integrated Bosch double oven, Neff hob with extractor fan, tiled worktop, two sinks, Bosch Dishwasher, breakfast bench and tiled floor. Rear access to utility room and double garage plus loft space
- UTILITY ROOM:
- 5.644m x 3.979m (18' 6" x 13' 1")
Plumbed for washing machine and tumble dryer. Access to double garage and access to loft games room
- A unique landing space with bedroom access and cantiliver starecase to ground floor.
- BEDROOM (1):
- 6.843m x 4.987m (22' 5" x 16' 4")
Sliding sash windows with garden views, centre ceiling rose
- DRESSING ROOM:
- 4.06m x 3.53m (13' 4" x 11' 7")
Built in wardrobes
- BEDROOM (2):
- 7.325m x 4.937m (24' 0" x 16' 2")
Generous bedroom with sliding sash windows, cornicing, radiator
- BEDROOM (3):
- 6.135m x 4.753m (20' 2" x 15' 7")
Feature arch window, pine tongue and groove ceiling, and views of the gardens and towards the Irish Sea
- BEDROOM (4):
- 5.863m x 4.78m (19' 3" x 15' 8")
Feature arch window with views of the garden and towards the sea
- Traditional white suite with bath, vanity unit, low level wc, and cupboard
- Modern bathroom suite to comprise bath with mixer taps, low level wc and pedestal wash hand basin.
- BEDROOM (5):
- 6.152m x 4.019m (20' 2" x 13' 2")
Soft wood flooring, radiator.
- BEDROOM (6):
- 4.571m x 4.857m (14' 12" x 15' 11")
Carpet and radiator
- BEDROOM (7):
- 4.492m x 4.11m (14' 9" x 13' 6")
- 4.63m x 2.658m (15' 2" x 8' 9")
Spacious shower room with modern suite to comprise double shower cubicle, vanity unit with sink, low level wc. Fully tiled
- GAMES ROOM/SNOOKER ROOM
- 10.682m x 5.573m (35' 1" x 18' 3")
Located off the Rossglass Road South just outside Killough
SPOTTED A PROBLEM? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings.
Is this your property? Attract more buyers by upgrading your listing. See options and pricing