- Additional Information
- Area Price Tracker
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- Beautifully Restored Beetling Mill
- Working Water Wheel (now Hydro Electrical)
- Mature Site Circa 1 Acre
- Kellswater River Flowing Through Garden
- Full Planning Permission For Additional Barn Conversion
- Barn Would Be Ideal AirBnB / Granny Flat
Country Estates are delighted to bring to market "Whiggleton Mill" which dates from circa late 1830's. The mill was once a linen beetling mill. This home has been sympathetically and beautifully restored into a modern family home set in a mature site of circa one acre on the edge of the historic village of Kells. This home is a utopia for a growing family who enjoy the outdoors and entertaining, with the Kellswater River flowing through the gardens and a water wheel with a wind turbine which has the potential to provide an electrical supply. The property has two entrances, one over a Ford off the Greenfield Road, and laneway access via the Grove Road, both entrances have electric gates. There are few opportunities to acquire a home with this character and potential within County Antrim and we thoroughly recommend a viewing of of this stunning property.
- GROUND FLOOR
- Entrance Hall
- Tiled flooring and cloak space.
- Bedroom 1 - Front 6.48 x 4.84 (21'3" x 15'10")
- Bedroom 2 - Side 3.14 x 4.84 (10'3" x 15'10")
- Tiled flooring.
- Bedroom 3 - Rear 3.78 x 3.72 (12'4" x 12'2")
- Tiled flooring.
- Family Bathroom 2.76 x 3.23 (9'0" x 10'7")
- Free standing roll top bath. Shower/wet room with shower head. LFWC. WHB in pedestal. Tiled flooring.
- Utility Area
- Belfast sink. Plumbed for washing machine.
- FIRST FLOOR
- Living Room 6.77 x 7.05 (22'2" x 23'1")
- Recessed wood burning stove. Vaulted ceiling with exposed beams and stone work. Solid oak flooring.
- Kitchen/Dining Room 7.70 x 5.16 (25'3" x 16'11")
- Fitted high and low level wall units with sink. Central Island. Electric hob and oven. Integrated fridge/freezer and dishwasher. Tiled floor. Multi fuel stove. Access to balcony.
- A decked balcony at first floor level, overlooking the gardens and river.
- Shower Room 2.07 x 3.78 (6'9" x 12'4")
- Fitted with shower, LFWC, WHB. Ceramic tiled flooring.
- SECOND FLOOR
- Bedroom 4 7.26 x 4.76 (23'9" x 15'7")
- Built in robe. WHB. Access to eave storage. Laminate flooring.
- Set on site of circa one acre this property is a true mix with mature gardens, formal lawns, and mature woodlands and river and mill races. There are very few homes where you can fish from the comfort of your own home, or alternatively enjoy the evening sun from the balcony overlooking to gardens and river.
- Proposed Barn Conversion
- Full Planning Permission has been granted for conversion of the existing barn LA02/2020/0918/F dated 12/03/2021 into a three bedroom (two en-suite) and open plan living cottage. This property would be absolutely ideal for AirBnB or a "Granny Flat".
Area Price Tracker
Unless otherwise stated, all content in this section is copyright of PropertyPal 2019, and all rights are reserved. The contents of this section, ether in whole or in part, may not be reproduced, stored or transmitted without prior written permission from PropertyPal.
This section has been prepared by PropertyPal for general guidance on matters of interest only, and does not constitute professional advice. You should not act upon the information contained in this section without obtaining specific professional advice. No representation or warranty (express or implied) is given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this section.
It is a condition of PropertyPal allowing you free access to this section that you accept that PropertyPal, its clients, employees and agents do not accept or assume any liability, responsibility or duty of care for any consequences of you or anyone else acting, or refraining to act, in reliance on the information contained in this section or for any decision based on it.
*Note: Dataset is compiled by PropertyPal using data from the official NI House Price Index publication, released by Land & Property Services in conjunction with the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency, and supplemented with data collected by PropertyPal. The NI House Price Index can be accessed here. The data has been cleansed to remove anomalies and statistical analysis undertaken by PropertyPal to comprise a backdated time series to 2005.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Notes can only be seen by you and any pals you have added, they cannot be viewed by the vendor or estate agent.
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Featured Listing
Get one boost to the top of the search results every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 2: Premier Listing
Get an automatic boost to the top of the search results every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »