- Additional Information
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Stunning period family residence dating back to 1677, extensively and sympathetically refurbished in 2002
- Oil fired and solid fuel central heating / Double glazing
- Stunning entrance with 1860's gatelodge via tree lined avenue from Tildarg Road South. Secondary separate entrance from Collin Road
- Seven double bedrooms
- Four reception rooms
- Kitchen with casual dining, separate utility room and pantry
- Two cellar rooms
- Two bathrooms and downstairs cloakroom
- House site and immediate grounds extending to approx. 3 acres
- Agricultural lands extending to Approx. 70 acres
- Extensive range of outbuildings and yard
- Ballyclare 3 Miles, Belfast 15 Miles, Belfast International Airport 13 Miles, Belfast City Airport 20 miles
Additional InformationFirst constructed in 1677, Tildarg House is an exceptional country residence, positioned in one of County Antrim's most sought after residential locations. Approached via a stunning tree-lined avenue, the main house boasts at its entrance a quaint stone Gatelodge that features in "Gateslodges of Ulster" by JAK Dean rebuilt in 1860 to replace existing. Tildarg House features in the book "Ulster American Heritage Symposium" written by Bernard Gilliland. Tildarg House has also previously been a Tourist Board Approved Country Guest House.
The main house was extensively refurbished in 2002, work which was sympathetically undertaken to ensure the retention of many of the original features. Today, the sale of Tildarg House represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to acquire a unique property offering spacious and adaptable family accommodation in a stunning rural setting yet also benefitting from easy access to a host of local amenities including Ballyclare town, Belfast City and Belfast International and City Airports all within 30 minutes travel by road. Tildarg Primary school is located adjacent to Tildarg House and leading Grammar and Secondary schools only 3 miles away. Ballyclare Golf Club is just 1.5 miles away and Dunamoy Spa less than 1/4 of a mile away also.
- ENTRANCE PORCH:
- Hardwood six panel door with glazed top light into entrance porch with glazed inner door and galzed side lights to
- ENTRANCE HALL:
- corniced ceilings
- Low flush WC, pedestal wash hand basin, solid Beech flooring
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 5.4m x 5.3m (17' 9" x 17' 5")
Feature limestone fireplace with solid-fuel burning stove, stone hearth, corniced ceiling, ceiling rose, picture rail, solid Beech flooring
- DINING ROOM:
- 5.6m x 4.3m (18' 4" x 14' 1")
Feature carved mahogany fireplace with tiled inset and hearth, solid Beech flooring, corniced ceiling, ceiling rose
- KITCHEN WITH CASUAL LIVING & DINING:
- 5.9m x 5.1m (19' 4" x 16' 9")
Range of high and low level units, Terraza flooring, wood panelled ceiling, solid-fuel burning stove linked to central heating system, brick surround with tiled splashback
- MORNING ROOM:
- 4.8m x 3.6m (15' 9" x 11' 10")
Wood panelled walls and ceiling, fireplace with brick surround and brass chimney, slate hearth
- 3.2m x 1.9m (10' 6" x 6' 3")
- 7.2m x 2.6m (23' 7" x 8' 6")
Range of high and low level solid wood units, ceramic 'Belfast' sink with solid wood surface drainers, part tiled walls and tiled splash back, space for double range style cooker, space for double larder fridge
- UTILITY ROOM:
- 4.3m x 3.8m (14' 1" x 12' 6")
Range of high and low level units, singe drainer sink unit, plumbed for washing machine, space for tumble dryer, oil fired boiler
- CELLAR ROOM (1):
- 5.4m x 2.4m (17' 9" x 7' 10")
- CELLAR ROOM (2):
- 5.4m x 2.5m (17' 9" x 8' 2")
- BEDROOM (1):
- 5.44m x 5.33m (17' 10" x 17' 6")
Cast iron fireplace with tiled hearth, corniced ceiling, dado rail
- BEDROOM (2):
- 5.36m x 4.85m (17' 7" x 15' 11")
- BEDROOM (3):
- 4.62m x 4.47m (15' 2" x 14' 8")
- BEDROOM (4):
- 4.44m x 3.73m (14' 7" x 12' 3")
- BEDROOM (5):
- 4.11m x 3.73m (13' 6" x 12' 3")
- FAMILY BATHROOM:
- Freestanding roll top bath with ball & claw feet, mixer taps and telephone hand shower, separate shower enclosure, low flush WC, pedestal wash hand basin, part wood panelled walls, dado rail, solid wood flooring, low voltage spot lighting
- SECOND BATHROOM:
- Coloured suite with panel bath, shower enclosure, wash hand basin in vanity
unit, separate low flush WC, fully tiled walls, low voltage spot lighting
- BEDROOM (6):
- 6.3m x 5.89m (20' 8" x 19' 4")
- BEDROOM (7):
- 4.06m x 3.78m (13' 4" x 12' 5")
- GAMES ROOM / GYM:
- 6.65m x 4.34m (21' 10" x 14' 3")
- Gate Lodge, extensive yard area, maze garden. Immediate grounds around house extend to approximately 3 acres. Range of outbuildings as follows:
- 20.12m x 5.18m (66' 0" x 17' 0")
- SLATTED CATTLE PENS
- 13.72m x 10.06m (45' 0" x 33' 0")
- PIGGERY & LOFTEWD
- 5.49m x 5.49m (18' 0" x 18' 0")
- BULL PENS
- 10.06m x 6.71m (33' 0" x 22' 0")
- HAY SHED
- 20.42m x 10.97m (67' 0" x 36' 0")
- HAY SHED
- 5.49m x 5.18m (18' 0" x 17' 0")
- CATLE HANDLING SHED
- 22.86m x 5.18m (75' 0" x 17' 0")
- OPEN SIDED (HIGH ROOF)
- 10.97m x 7.01m (36' 0" x 23' 0")
- SLATTED PENS & FEED PASSAGE
- 24.38m x 10.06m (80' 0" x 33' 0")
- CUBICLE HOUSE
- 28.65m x 6.71m (94' 0" x 22' 0")
- RANGE OF STONE BUILT HOUSES WITH LOFT ABOVE, GARAGES, MEAL STORES, LOOSE BOXES ETC.
- 25.6m x 6.4m (84' 0" x 21' 0")
- CARPORT (HIGH ROOF)
- 6.4m x 6.4m (21' 0" x 21' 0")
- SECURE MACHINERY SHED
- 12.19m x 7.01m (40' 0" x 23' 0")
- OPEN SILO CLAMP (TANKED)
- 11.89m x 21.64m (39' 0" x 71' 0")
- CAR PORT
- 5.18m x 3.96m (17' 0" x 13' 0")
- Generator House
- FUEL STORE
Travelling out of Ballyclare on the Rashee Road, the road name changes to the Collin Road. Turn left onto Tildarg Road South and the main tree lined entrance to the property is a short distance along this road on the left hand side.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Notes can only be seen by you and any pals you have added, they cannot be viewed by the vendor or estate agent.
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Featured Listing
Get one boost to the top of the search results every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 2: Premier Listing
Get an automatic boost to the top of the search results every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »