Property Types (0 available)
* PLEASE CALL SOUTH BELFAST OFFICE ON 028 9066 8888 *
Full of charm and Steeped in History
Immersed in a wealth of rich culture and fascinating history, West House at Belvoir Park incorporates the classical appeal of striking Edwardian architecture into the perfect living environment for any modern homeowner.
Situated in the established Belvoir Park development and surrounded by some of South Belfast’s most beautiful landscapes, West House is intended to reflect the traditional design and construction of the surrounding buildings, from which it takes its inspiration. Notably, West House combines the best of both worlds in its ability to replicate captivating elements of the past, all the while maintaining a sense of contemporary living.
First opened in 1926, West House was originally built to provide accommodation for nurses working within the city. Designed by the renowned James R. Young, West House is just one of the many outstanding buildings erected by the prolific Young and Mackenzie architectural firm. Responsible for much of the city’s significant buildings and notable landmarks, Young and Mackenzie have played a prominent role in the creation of the cultural and historic Belfast city which thrives today. Thanks to the spectacular new refurbishment of West House, this listed building is truly an architectural marvel which has withstood the test of time for almost one hundred years.
Throughout previous restoration works, the impeccable refurbishment of the original Edwardian Pavilions paved the way for the seamless incorporation of the old and the new into unique living spaces. West House offers the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to connect with history, featuring seven immaculately designed homes. Boasting spacious accommodation and integrating high-quality, modern fixtures at every opportunity, these exceptional homes are the perfect choice when it comes to contemporary city living whilst encompassing significant features of the past.
Not only enabling residents of Belvoir Park to truly appreciate the beauty of momentous architecture, this exclusive site also imitates the natural attraction of the surrounding rural landscape. Residents of West House are guaranteed the experience of countryside living, all the while remaining a short distance from Belfast City Centre.
Uncompromised living in an unparalleled location
Showcasing the very definition of stylish and elegant living in an accessible location, West House will undoubtably appeal to a wide variety of buyers searching for the all-important balance between comfort and convenience.
Perched in a location which boasts a multitude of notable landmarks, exciting activities, and breath-taking scenery, residents of West House can rest assured that there is plenty to appreciate within the local area. From a wealth of high-street boutiques and convenience stores in the city centre, to an array of trendy cafés and restaurants dotted throughout the Lisburn Road and Ormeau area, residents of West House don’t have far to travel in order to witness the appeal of city life. Located nearby, the thriving Queen’s Quarter is host to a range of prominent attractions, including Queen’s University Belfast, Botanic Gardens and the Ulster Museum.
Surrounded by a variety of stunning outdoor spaces, it goes without saying that West House is perfectly positioned for those who love spending time in nature. With the notable Belvoir Park Forest, picturesque Lagan Meadows and stunning Sir Thomas and Lady Dixon Park all situated just a stone’s throw away, residents of West House will find themselves with unparalleled access to the great outdoors, right from their very own doorstep.
With an ideal location comes easy access to exceptional transportation links. Thanks to Belfast’s excellent public transport network, and the convenience of the nearby motorway links, travel has never been easier for those making the daily commute into the city centre and beyond. For those travelling further afield, George Best City Airport can also be found just a short drive away.
Multi Award Winning Home Builders
“We respect our clients and homebuyers, and it is our goal to hand them not just a new house, but a superbly built home they can be proud of.”
Martin Brannigan; MD & Founder of Alskea
With a rapidly expanding portfolio of work in the residential sector, Alskea has gained an exceptional reputation for building high quality turnkey homes.
Since it’s inception, Alskea has been the proud winner of numerous awards and to this day, the company is continuing to meet the high standards expected by every discerning purchaser.
What can you expect from your new home in West House?
Quality: A finely crafted and beautiful home constructed by a dedicated and experienced team, who pay great attention to detail and take pride in their work.
Security: With intruder alarms, locking windows and a multi-locking front door, homeowners can benefit from peace of mind.
Efficiency: High levels of thermal insulation and gas–fired central heating ensure warmth and efficiency.
Warranty: Six-year warranty provided by Professional Consultants Certificate for West House.
After Sales: Homeowners will experience a second to none after sales service, and Alskea staff will deal with any queries or issues that may arise in a friendly, efficient and professional manner.
- High quality units with choice of traditional / contemporary doors with a range of colours and stainless steel handles Island units (Where applicable)
- Quartz worktop and upstand
- Soft closing drawers and doors
- Branded integrated appliances to include; 4 zone ceramic hob, eye level electric single oven, combination microwave oven, fridge/ freezer, dishwasher and extractor
- Contemporary chrome monoblock tap
- 1.5 bowl low profile stainless steel sink
- Choice of coloured glass splash back to kitchen hob
UTILITY ROOM / CUPBOARD (Where Applicable)
- High quality units with choice of traditional / contemporary doors with a range of colours, laminate worktops, upstands and stainless steel handles (Where applicable)
- Range of low level and tall housing storage units (Where applicable)
- Single bowl stainless steel sink and taps (Where applicable)
- Free standing washing machine and tumble dryer (Where applicable)
BATHROOMS, ENSUITES & WC (Where Applicable)
- High quality contemporary white sanitary ware
- 4 piece contemporary bathroom suite
- Feature black shower tray, shower doors, shower fittings, framed wash hand basin and taps to bathrooms
- Free standing bath
- Back to wall WC
- Wall hung vanity units to Ensuite and WC. (Where applicable)
- Large inset feature mirror above bath (Where applicable)
- Low profile shower trays and toughened glass doors and panels throughout
- Thermostatic bar showers with dual head: rain drench and separate hand-held fittings
- LED mirror light in Bathroom and Ensuite (Where applicable)
FLOORING & TILES
- Choice of high quality ceramic floor tiles to open plan Kitchen / Dining / Living Area, Bathroom, Ensuite, WC and Utility (Where applicable)
- Choice of high quality timber laminate or carpet to Hallway and Bedrooms. (Terrazzo flooring to selected Hallway areas in Apt 7)
- Choice of high quality wall tiles to feature areas in Bathroom and Ensuite
- Choice of full height tiling to shower enclosures
HEATING & VENTILATION
- Energy efficient natural gas fired central heating combi boiler with high output radiators
- Matt black heated towel rail to Bathroom, Ensuite and WC (Where applicable)
- Anthracite vertical designer radiator to Kitchen / Dining / Living area
- Solid floors
- All walls to be painted light grey matt emulsion
- Ceilings and woodwork to be painted white
- White painted internal doors with quality brushed stainless-steel ironmongery
- Classical moulded skirting boards and architrave with hockey stick
- Comprehensive range of electrical light fittings and electrical sockets throughout
- Double socket with USB port to Living Area & Bedrooms as well as TV points in Living Area and Bedrooms
- Data point in the Living Area for main BT connection
- Suspended bar track fitting with adjustable black spotlights to Kitchen
- Feature black drop pendant lighting above island units (Where applicable)
- Black frame recessed downlighters to Bathroom
- Black wall mounted lights in Bedrooms
- Black twisted flex pendants and wall mounted lights throughout (Where applicable)
- White frame recessed downlighters to Ensuite, W.C and Utility. (Where applicable)
- Pre-wired for BT Fibre Optic and Sky Connection
- Mains operated smoke, heat and carbon monoxide detectors
- Automated access control to main communal entrance door (Where applicable)
- Fully installed security alarm
- Fully refurbished red clay brick listed building carefully restored with traditional and historic techniques to the approval of the Conservation Architect in Historic Environment Division of BCC
- Traditional features of the building include brick plinth
- Moulded sandstone eaves course
- Moulded sandstone stringcourse at first floor level, projecting sandstone cills to windows with keyed sandstone flat-arch heads to first floor
- Rusticated sandstone flat arches to ground floor and basement, each consisting of five voussoirs, except for heads of narrow windows in end bays which are each cut from a single stone
- White painted hardwood sliding sash window frames with slimline double glazing. Curved bay windows in Apt 3 and 4 in single glazing
- Roof of historic Bangor blue slates in regular courses
- Four chimneys on main ridge, red brick with sandstone caps, and original open-sided pots
- All sympathetically repaired and refurbished with traditional & historic techniques to the approval of the Conservation Architect in Historic Environment Division of BCC
- Black cast aluminum Ogee style guttering and heritage aluminum down pipes
- Resin bound gravel communal walkways (Where applicable)
- Cobble styled paving to private garden patio areas and walkways (Where applicable)
- Painted timber communal entrance doors and patio doors to ground floor Apartments. Painted timber internal Apartment entrance doors with multi-lock system
- Bitmac parking bays
- Lawns turfed and landscaped communal areas incorporating planting, hedging and shrubbery
- Feature landscaped communal courtyard area
- Designated car parking and visitor spaces
- Communal dual electric car charging point
- Bike and bin store
COMMUNAL ENTRANCE, STAIRS & LANDINGS
- Walls, ceilings and woodwork painted white (Where applicable)
- Moulded skirting boards and architraves
- Feature lighting
- Terrazzo flooring to Entrance and Hallway areas
- Feature electric anthracite designer radiator heating
- 6-year warranty provided by Professional Consultants Certificate
Click here to view the video