- Additional Information
- Area Price Tracker
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- Charming Country Residence Set in One of County Down's Most Stunning Settings
- Beautifully Presented Detached Property in a Picturesque Rural Location Amongst Woodland and Open Countryside
- Site Extending to approx 2 Acres with Extensive Surrounding Gardens
- Boasting Wealth of Character and Charm Throughout
- Adaptable Accommodation for The Modern Family
- Three Well Proportioned Bedrooms
- Principal Bedroom Benefitting from Luxury En Suite
- Hand Crafted in Frame Fitted Kitchen with Solid Wood Units
- Gracious Open Plan Living/Dining Room with Vaulted High Ceiling and Feature Danish Standalone Wood Burning Stove
- Sunroom with Access to the Front Gardens
- Modern White Suite Family Bathroom
- Oil Fired Central Heating & Double Glazing Throughout
- Separate Annex with Modern Kitchen, Entertaining Area's & Two Bedrooms, for those with Live in Relative's/Teenagers or Airbnb
- Delightful centrally heated Log Cabin with kitchen area, studio accommodation and modern shower room Outside private garden area with deck over pond , boardwalk, sunny patio and Sheltered BBQ Gazebo
- Sweeping Driveway Providing Excellent Car parking
- Extensive Surrounding Gardens Laid in Lawns, Mature Planting & Shrubs with Patio Area's & two pond with waterfalls, Ideal for Entertaining
- Excellent Degree of Privacy & Exclusive Prestigious Location
- Ease of Access to Local Amenities, Boutiques, Restaurants and Local Schools in Downpatrick and Killyleagh
- Additional Acreage for Equestrian Interests for Separate Negotiation
- Within 10 Minutes' Walk to Delamont Country Park with many Beautiful Country Walks to be Enjoyed and Children's Activities
- Good Road Networks and Access to Public Transport Links for Commuting with Belfast only 30 Minutes' Drive Away
Additional InformationVery rarely does such a unique and beautifully presented detached property come to the market. The Rocks is located in a designated area of outstanding natural beauty and is very close to the shores of Strangford Lough. It is situated in a picturesque rural country setting on a site extending to just under 2 acres. This beautiful family home has undergone significant renovation over the past few years and now boasts charm and character throughout. The location offers ease of access to local amenities and schools in Killyleagh and Downpatrick whilst also providing good access to public transport links and road networks for commuting, with Belfast less than 30 minutes' drive away. Delamont Country Park is a short drive away from the property and offers a range of exciting country walks and children activities including an adventure playground. The property is also ideally situated for sailing and water sports on Strangford Lough and there are several good golf courses within easy driving distance.
This truly impressive, detached property boasts bright and spacious accommodation throughout with a bright and open layout catering for a range of purchasers. The main house comprises, a stunning split level open plan living/dining room with vaulted high ceiling, floor to ceiling windows and has brand-new feature Danish wood burning stove and new engineered board, oiled oak floors. This room leads down to the conservatory garden room which has delightful woodland and garden views. The solid wood crafted in-frame kitchen is open plan to the dining area. There are three well-proportioned bedrooms with the principal bedroom benefitting from a luxury ensuite with sauna. Furthermore, there is a modern family bathroom, double glazing throughout and oil fired central heating.
Additionally, there is a separate cottage annex across the courtyard. This beautiful guest cottage has been extensively modernised and renovated including the installation of a new central heating boiler. The accommodation includes luxury modern fitted dining kitchen, living room and conservatory. There are two attic bedrooms, perfect for those with live in relatives or Airbnb. The cottage annexe has it's own private courtyard with hot tub (available by separate negotiation)
Further accommodation can be found in a private corner of the grounds overlooking a pretty pond with waterfall. This stunning painted log cabin has also recently undergone extensive renovation and features a vaulted ceiling, feature log stove, newly fitted country kitchenette and luxury shower room. There is a large sunny deck, patio and gazebo, perfect for guests and entertaining.
Externally the site extends just under 2 acres offering an excellent degree of privacy and the mature gardens have been beautifully landscaped with lawns, an array of colourful planting and various patio areas ideal for outdoor entertaining and for children to play. The sweeping driveway provides excellent with access to the integral store room.
There is excellent potential for those with live in relative/teenagers or Airbnb as the annex and log cabin benefit from separate living quarters. The log cabin currently has Tourist Board Certification and is very successfully rented through Airbnb. With so many flexible attributes, in order to truly appreciate this unique and stunning property we recommend your earliest possible internal inspection. We recommend you allow adequate time to stroll around the picturesque surroundings.
- uPVC front door with glass inset and matching side lights leading through to reception porch
- RECEPTION PORCH:
- With Karndean LVT flooring, access to storage cupboard with in-built shelving units, leading on through to open plan reception hall
- RECEPTION HALL:
- 4.37m x 4.34m (14' 4" x 14' 3")
Excellent range of hardwood high and low level units, carved granite work surface with stainless steel inset sink unit, one and a half tub with hot and cold mixer tap, Rangemaster Stove with gas connection, integrated fridge and freezer, integrated dishwasher, in-built extractor fan hood, glazed cabinets, plate rack, wooden tongue and groove ceiling, recessed spotlighting, outlook to front, open plan to living/dining area
- LIVING/DINING ROOM
- 8.53m x 7.24m (28' 0" x 23' 9")
Vaulted tongue and groove ceilings, engineered brush and oil oak flooring , standalone Danish wood burning stove (Scan Stove) with slate hearth, raised dining area with Karndean LVT flooring and outlook to front, Floor to ceiling windows and sliding uPVC doors leading through to sun room
- SUN ROOM:
- 7.11m x 2.59m (23' 4" x 8' 6")
Engineered oak hardwood flooring, plumbed for washing machine, space for tumble dryer, in built seating area, outlook to rear gardens, uPVC French doors leading through to rear gardens.
- MASTER BEDROOM:
- 4.47m x 3.3m (14' 8" x 10' 10")
Laminate wood effect flooring, excellent range of in-built sliding wardrobes, double French doors leading through to raised timber balcony
Luxury En Suite Shower Room
White suite comprising of low flush WC, circular wash hand basin with mixer tap and vanity unit below, walk-in thermostatically controlled shower with rainfall shower head, partly featured tiled walls, wood effect tiled flooring, in-built storage cupboard, recessed spotlighting, extractor fan, outlook to rear gardens.Newly fitted Luxury sauna
- BEDROOM (2):
- 3.73m x 2.69m (12' 3" x 8' 10")
Outlook to rear, floor to ceiling window, laminate wood effect flooring, excellent range of in-built sliding wardrobes
- BEDROOM (3):
- 3.56m x 2.9m (11' 8" x 9' 6")
Outlook to front, laminate wood effect flooring, access to Jack and Jill bathroom
- White suite comprising of low flush WC, floating wash hand basin with mixer tap, panelled bath with hot and cold mixer tap and telephonic shower head, partly tiled walls, ceramic tiled flooring, in-built sliding wardrobes, extractor fan.
- SEPARATE COTTAGE ANNEX
- Composite front door with glass inset leading through to reception hall.
- RECEPTION HALL:
- With laminate wood effect flooring, access to shower room
- SHOWER ROOM:
- White suite comprising of low flush WC, wash hand basin with mixer tap and vanity unit below, tiled splashback, walk-in thermostatically controlled shower with rainfall shower head, partly panelled walls, ceramic tiled flooring, recessed spotlighting, vertical heated towel rail
- 7.06m x 3.51m (23' 2" x 11' 6")
Kitchen with excellent range of low units, ceramic Rangemaster sink, one and a half tub with chrome copper mixer tap, integrated dishwasher, integrated oven with four ring electric hob above and glass extractor fan hood, kitchen styled splashback, standalone wine fridge, vinyl tiled effect flooring, integrated fridge, breakfast bar with ample seating, open plan to living area, open plan to dining area
- DINING AREA:
- 5.33m x 4.8m (17' 6" x 15' 9")
Feature wooden beams, recessed spotlighting, outlook to side, laminate wood effect flooring.
- 4.78m x 4.67m (15' 8" x 15' 4")
Laminate wood effect flooring, stunning live edge elm window sills all round. uPVC double doors leading through to Courtyard.
- BEDROOM (1):
- 4.39m x 4.19m (14' 5" x 13' 9")
Velux window, storage cupboards
- BEDROOM (2):
- 3.3m x 4.37m (10' 10" x 14' 4")
- INTEGRAL GARAGE:
- 4.67m x 4.17m (15' 4" x 13' 8")
French doors leading through to outside, light and power
- LOG CABIN
- Kitchenette with inset sink unit and mixer tap, wood work surfaces, excellent range of high and low level units, glazed cabinets, laminate flooring. Wood burning stove with slate hearth and feature tiled surround, uPVC sliding doors leading through to raised timber deck and boardwalk with fantastic outlooks over man-made pond, waterfall and rolling countryside.
White suite comprising of low flush WC, wash hand basin with mixer tap, standalone thermostatically controlled shower. Blue tooth illuminated mirror
- Front garden laid in lawns, mature planting and hedging, wooden gates leading through to driveway for numerous vehicles, feature rock area, loose stoned pebbled area ideal for outdoor entertaining with man-made pond, wooden steps leading out round through to rear gardens, mature planting and shrubs throughout, loose pebbled stone area ideal for outdoor entertaining leading round through to rear gardens, additional loose stone pebbled area with pergola ideal for seating. Further paved patio area with outdoor pergola, outdoor paved patio area with ample seating and planting throughout. Access to separate annexe and access via loose stone pebbled area up to summer house. Front garden laid in lawns with loose stoned area, circular paved patio area ideal for outdoor entertaining, additional enclosed garden with raised cement and garden laid in lawns, lawn pathway leading to further gardens with mature shrubs and planting throughout, leading down to wooden gate. Outside summer house ideal for outdoor entertaining, loose stoned pebbled area ideal for entertaining, timber decking jetty with fantastic overlook to man-made pond with waterfall, further timber decking, stairs leading up to raised timber decking area with fantastic views of rolling countryside, man-made pond and summer house
The Craig Lane, Downpatrick.
Area Price Tracker
Unless otherwise stated, all content in this section is copyright of PropertyPal 2019, and all rights are reserved. The contents of this section, ether in whole or in part, may not be reproduced, stored or transmitted without prior written permission from PropertyPal.
This section has been prepared by PropertyPal for general guidance on matters of interest only, and does not constitute professional advice. You should not act upon the information contained in this section without obtaining specific professional advice. No representation or warranty (express or implied) is given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this section.
It is a condition of PropertyPal allowing you free access to this section that you accept that PropertyPal, its clients, employees and agents do not accept or assume any liability, responsibility or duty of care for any consequences of you or anyone else acting, or refraining to act, in reliance on the information contained in this section or for any decision based on it.
*Note: Dataset is compiled by PropertyPal using data from the official NI House Price Index publication, released by Land & Property Services in conjunction with the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency, and supplemented with data collected by PropertyPal. The NI House Price Index can be accessed here. The data has been cleansed to remove anomalies and statistical analysis undertaken by PropertyPal to comprise a backdated time series to 2005.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Notes can only be seen by you and any pals you have added, they cannot be viewed by the vendor or estate agent.
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Featured Listing
Get one boost to the top of the search results every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 2: Premier Listing
Get an automatic boost to the top of the search results every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »