- Additional Information
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- LOT 1 : 'The Priory' - A magnificent restored Victorian Residence extending to c. 7000 sq ft set in 0.6 acre.
- Magnificent period Cultra residence built c. 1830 set in private mature grounds
- Dual access from Marino Station Road and Farmhill Road
- c. 7000 sq. ft. of extensive accommodation
- Spacious entrance hall with wooden floor and entrance vestibule
- 5 reception rooms, 6 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms
- Drawing room with bay windows and marble fireplace with double doors to living room also with fireplace
- Formal dining room with fireplace and bay window with access to butler's pantry
- Family room with double doors opening to patio terraces and south facing gardens
- Excellent kitchen with painted hand crafted units with granite worktops, Aga, and integrated appliances
- Spacious dining area with patio doors leading to inner courtyard
- Cloakroom plus a range of store rooms, utility room and fuel store
- 5 double bedrooms on 1st floor, master suite with full dressing room and bathroom
- 2nd floor with a Luggage Room, Bedroom/Home Office, bathroom Billiards Room, and Playroom
- Approached by automated electric gates lead to an impressive sweeping driveway off Marino Station Road
- Secondary entrance from Farmhill Road
- Large double garage, store room and boiler room
- Generous parking and turning areas to front and rear
- Beautiful and colourful gardens bordered by mature trees and natural brick wall with lawns
- Within walking distance of Holywood, the Cultra coastal paths and easy commuting distance of Belfast
Additional InformationOccupying a private mature site in the heart of Cultra, 'The Priory' is a handsome Victorian residence of generous proportion and elegant character, within a short walking distance from the Cultra coastline. The property is set within mature walled gardens and benefits from two separate driveways to the front and rear, each approached via private entrance gates. The accommodation is extends over three floors and extends to circa 7,000 sq ft.
The interior consists of: an ornate Portico that gives access to an impressive reception hall. Off this are generously proportioned elegant reception rooms, all with views to the front and rear gardens – living room, drawing room, and dining room with butler's pantry. The spacious traditional kitchen (with hand crafted units and Aga) leads to a casual dining area, which opens to the rear patios and gardens and is fully equipped and open to the generous casual dining area. There is a spacious cloakroom, utility area and lower ground cellar ideal for storage or the wine enthusiast. Upstairs on the 1st floor there is a master bedroom with full bathroom and dressing room, 4 further double bedrooms and a family bathroom. On the second floor there is a bedroom/home office, bathroom, billiards room / games room with an adjoining playroom.
Externally the property offers private landscaped gardens to front and rear with entertaining areas, lawns and flowerbeds providing a range of colours through the year. Situated within a mile of Holywood town centre and within 6 miles of Central Belfast, the property also benefits from excellent transport networks including the train station only a minute away, Holywood convenient by foot and Belfast close by this is a highly convenient property in an area that is in high demand.
Viewing is strictly by private appointment by contact our Holywood office on 028 9042 8989.
- Automated electric entrance gates leading to an impressive sweeping driveway with parking and turning area. Circular feature patio with box hedging and detailing to natural stone steps and pillars to:
- ENTRANCE PORTICO:
- Original panelled entrance door.
- ENTRANCE PORCH:
- 3.48m x 2.01m (11' 5" x 6' 7")
Original corniced ceiling, tiled floor, glazed inner door and side panels leading to:
- SPACIOUS RECEPTION HALL:
- 9.93m x 2.03m (32' 7" x 6' 8")
Natural wide board solid oak floor, detailed corniced ceiling, attractive feature staircase with turned spindles and polished mahogany handrail and carved Newell post.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 7.52m x 5.m (24' 8" x 16' 5")
Into bay. High ceilings with ornate cornice, marble fireplace with slate hearth with open dog grate fire, brick inset. Double doors to:
- FAMILY ROOM:
- 5.72m x 4.17m (18' 9" x 13' 8")
Feature corniced ceiling, painted slate fireplace with open fire, cast iron inset with slate hearth.
- FORMAL DINING ROOM:
- 6.02m x 5.99m (19' 9" x 19' 8")
Into bay window. 2 glass panelled doors from the reception hall either side of the ornate marbleised slate fireplace surround with cast iron inset and slate hearth, open fire. Original coved ceiling, picture rail. Connecting door to:
- BUTLER'S PANTRY:
- 4.78m x 2.92m (15' 8" x 9' 7")
(Also accessed via entrance hall). Extensive range of built in cupboards, open display units, worktops, glazed display units with a double drainer sink unit with taps over, partly tiled wall. Steps down to:
- REAR HALLWAY:
- 3.58m x 2.03m (11' 9" x 6' 8")
Original mosaic tiled floor.
- 5.18m x 2.54m (17' 0" x 8' 4")
With light. Ideal for storage or the wine enthusiast!
- SEPARATE STORE:
- 3.12m x 1.68m (10' 3" x 5' 6")
- Glazed door to cloaks area with plenty of hanging space. Wood panelled walls, ceramic tiled floor.
- UTILITY ROOM:
- 2.97m x 2.03m (9' 9" x 6' 8")
Built in cupboards, 1.5 bowl single drainer sink unit with mixer taps, plumbed for washing machine, space for dryer, ceramic tiled floor which extends through to:
- SEPARATE WC:
- With original Shanks lavatory.
- MORNING ROOM:
- 5.03m x 4.19m (16' 6" x 13' 9")
Fireplace with wooden surround, cast iron inset, tiled hearth, open fire, coved ceiling, picture rail, double opening glazed panelled doors to terraces and south facing patios and gardens.
- SPACIOUS KITCHEN/LIVING/DINING ROOM:
- 8.99m x 4.9m (29' 6" x 16' 1")
Bespoke hand crafted painted kitchen with extensive range of cupboards, drawers, shelves and units, glazed display units, feature island unit with breakfast bar, range of built in appliances and solid polished black granite work surfaces, triple aga with electric side double oven and 4 ring gas hob with colourful ornate original tiled splashback. Franke stainless steel sink with drainer, stainless steel mixer taps, original Belfast style sink with polished black granite work surfaces, plumbed for dishwasher to side. Original Terrazzo floor. Low voltage lighting, built in speakers, corniced ceiling, door to rear parking and patio areas.
Extensive space for dining - 6/8 seater dining table and chairs. Corniced ceiling, wooden glazed panelled patio doors opening to rear terraces. Built in American style fridge freezer, surrounded by wine rack. Door to:
- REAR HALLWAY:
- Door to rear courtyard with panelled walls, built in storage, shelving and cupboards. Separate door leading to:
- FUEL STORE/COAL ROOM:
- 3.35m x 1.91m (11' 0" x 6' 3")
Door to outside terrace.
- RETURN LANDING:
- Original stained and leaded glass window. Return leading into:
- WALK IN LINEN ROOM:
- Plenty of storage. Original separate high flush WC. Panelled walls. Separate sink room.
- FAMILY BATHROOM:
- 4.55m x 2.77m (14' 11" x 9' 1")
Panelled bath with mixer taps, pedestal wash hand basin, fully tiled corner shower cubicle with Drench shower, wood panelled walls, built in linen cupboards, tongue and groove panelled ceiling.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 5.08m x 4.29m (16' 8" x 14' 1")
Picture rail, corniced ceiling, pedestal wash hand basin.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 4.7m x 1.14m (15' 5" x 3' 9")
Pedestal wash hand basin, coved ceiling.
- BEDROOM (4):
- 4.6m x 4.39m (15' 1" x 14' 5")
Pedestal wash hand basin, built in wardrobe with hanging and shelving space. Coved ceiling.
- BEDROOM (5):
- 4.5m x 4.32m (14' 9" x 14' 2")
Pedestal wash hand basin, coved ceiling.
- MASTER BEDROOM:
- 6.15m x 4.8m (20' 2" x 15' 9")
Coved ceiling, wall light wiring.
- DRESSING ROOM:
- 4.11m x 2.26m (13' 6" x 7' 5")
Range of built in hanging and shelving space. Also connecting to main landing.
- ENSUITE BATHROOM:
- 4.5m x 4.11m (14' 9" x 13' 6")
Cast iron ball and claw free standing bath with antique style mixer taps, telephone hand shower, fully tiled shower cubicle with Drench style shower, low flush WC, half panelled walls, pedestal wash hand basin with antique style mixer taps, saver point with shaving area over.
- Access door to attic storage areas.
- Steps up to:
- ATTIC BOX ROOM:
- Door through to:
- LUGGAGE ROOM:
- 5.49m x 3.73m (18' 0" x 12' 3")
Solid wooden floor, porthole window.
- Hatch to roofspace.
- BEDROOM (6) / HOME OFFICE:
- 6.73m x 4.5m (22' 1" x 14' 9")
Exposed beams, ornamental cast iron fireplace with slate hearth, wooden floor. Built in storage cupboard and bookcases.
- BILLIARD ROOM / GAMES ROOM:
- 7.92m x 4.67m (26' 0" x 15' 4")
Exposed beams, spotlights, double opening doors leading to:
- ADJOINING PLAYROOM / STUDY:
- 5.54m x 4.06m (18' 2" x 13' 4")
Porthole style window.
- 3.35m x 2.36m (11' 0" x 7' 9")
Panelled bath with mixer taps and telephone hand shower, pedestal wash hand basin, fully tiled corner shower cubicle with Mira sport instant heat shower and extractor fan, low flush WC.
- Automated electric entrance gates and large entrance pillars lead to a sweeping driveway, mature gardens and flowerbeds to front circular parking bay surrounded by colourfulflowerbeds. Front patio with box hedging, plants, shrubs and lowerbeds, large front lawn with fruit trees bordered by flowerbeds and mature trees. Natural stone wall around border and hedges. Large south west facing terrace accessed via family room also with archway to private courtyard. Paved courtyard with a range of outbuildings which is also accessed via the kitchen/living/dining room and rear hallway.
- BOILER ROOM:
- 3.05m x 2.51m (10' 0" x 8' 3")
Oil fired central heating boiler. Original old sink with taps, plenty of hanging and shelving space.
- GARDENERS WC:
- SEPARATE STORAGE ROOM:
- Door to:
- DOUBLE GARAGE:
- 7.14m x 5.97m (23' 5" x 19' 7")
Light and power, two sets of double opening solid wooden doors.
- Direct access from Kitchen to a brick pavior parking and turning space, gardens in lawns, patios and flowerbeds accessed via Farmhill Road with a natural stone wall.
Marino Station Road is positioned between Farmhill Road and Old Quay Road in Cultra
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
How much will it cost?
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Boost It Back
Increase views of your property with a single boost back up the natural listings.
Option 2: Featured Listing
Get one Boost It Back every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 3: Premier Listing
Get an automatic Boost It Back every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »