- Additional Information
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- Circa 4000 sq ft Detached Grade B1 Listed Building Of Special Architectural And Historic Value
- Built In 1818 The House Retains Most Of Its Original Feature
- Kitchen Overlooking Rear Garden With Access To 4 Separate Multi-Use Rooms
- Stunning, Mature Woodland Grounds Circa 2 Acres
- Six Large Bedrooms, Two With Potential For Ensuites, Subject To Planning
- Two Large Front Receptions Rooms. Study And Playroom
- Spectacular, Ornate, Multi-Floor Gallery Staircase
- The Property Is Approached Via A Gated Entrance And Sweeping Driveway
Additional InformationThis stunning, late Georgian, former rectory sits proudly within its own attractive and mature grounds extending to circa 2 acres. It stands on the site of the medieval church of St. Nicholas (built circa 1700) and remnants of the original build can often be found amongst the grounds of the rectory.
Located on the outskirts of Portaferry, this beautiful property is accessed via gates and can only be fully seen as you emerge from under the array of beautifully mature trees surrounding the house from the leafy driveway.
Built in 1818 the house retains most of its original features including timber sash windows throughout and benefits from a beautiful porch leading to the original doorway which has a stunning elliptical fanlight and showcases the house to its full glory.
The two main receptions are well proportioned and are situated off the wide entrance hall. To the rear of the ground floor there are multiple storage rooms, water closet, large kitchen overlooking the beautiful front garden, utility area, pantry, wine cellar and access to the rear courtyard and walled garden. The upper storeys have a large family bathroom and separate water closet, library room, 6 large bedrooms, 2 with an additional room, ripe for conversion to ensuite or dressing area, and a playroom allowing for fully adaptable living accommodation throughout the house.
When the term Old Rectory is used it usually means a very substantial family home, with spacious, elegant principal rooms, high ceilings, abundant period features, shuttered windows, sweeping staircase, outbuildings and walled garden and this property is no exception.
The house was purchased in 1999 and the current owner has begun a scheme to restore the property to its former glory which has paved the way for someone to take over and complete the restoration of this beautiful, unique, historical home.
The Rectory is listed as a Building of Special Architectural and Historic Value (Category B1).
- Accommodation Comprises:
- Ground Floor
- Entrance Porch 9’4 x 7’4 (29'6" x 23'0")
- Elliptical fan lights, original doors and windows.
- Hall 14’4 x 10' (0.36m x 3.05m)
- Feature archway and original cornicing.
- Living Room 20’3 x 14’ (65'7" x 45'11")
- Open fireplace with tiled hearth and carved granite surround and mantle.
Feature archway and original cornicing.
- Dining Room 20’6 x 14’ (65'7" x 45'11")
- Open fireplace with carved granite surround and mantle.
Feature archway and original cornicing.
- Ground Floor Split Level
- Kitchen 17’ x 16’ (55'9" x 52'6")
- Range of high and low level units with laminate work surface, space for aga, vinyl flooring.
- Utility Room 7’8 x 6’ (23'0" x 19'8")
- Store Room 7'2 x 6'3 (2.18m x 1.91m)
- Larder 7'2 x 6' (2.18m x 1.83m)
- Boot Room 10'6 x 6' (3.20m x 1.83m)
- Downstairs WC 6' x 3'3 (1.83m x 0.99m)
- Wine Cellar
- First Floor
- Bedroom 2 14' x 18' (4.27m x 5.49m)
- Bedroom 3 18' x 14' (5.49m x 4.27m)
- Study 10' x 9'6 (3.05m x 2.90m)
- First Floor Split Level
- Bedroom 1 17'9 x 14'2 (5.41m x 4.32m)
- Dressing Room 10' x 6' (3.05m x 1.83m)
- Bathroom 14'4 x 5'7 (4.37m x 1.70m)
- WC 5'4 x 2'7 (1.63m x 0.79m)
- Second Floor
- Bedroom 5 15' x 14' (4.57m x 4.27m)
- Bedroom 6 15' x 14' (4.57m x 4.27m)
- Playroom 10' x 9'7 (3.05m x 2.92m)
- Second Floor Split Level
- Bedroom 4
- Dressing Room
- Two acre site. Sweeping driveway. Enclosed walled cottage garden. Ancient woodland.
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Share this property
How much will it cost?
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Boost It Back
Increase views of your property with a single boost back up the natural listings.
Option 2: Featured Listing
Get one Boost It Back every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 3: Premier Listing
Get an automatic Boost It Back every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »