The Old Manse, 63 Main Street, Conlig, Newtownards BT23 7PT
4 Bed Detached house For Sale
- Charming home beautifully presented throughout
- Many interesting period features including shuttered sash windows, cornicing and picture rails
- Reception hall with cloakroom facilities
- Drawing room with open fire in period fireplace
- Dining Room with basket grate in marble fireplace
- Cosy family/living room
- Ground floor study
- Country style kitchen with oil fired Aga, plus scullery and utility room
- Four bedrooms including master with en-suite
- Attractive bathroom with white suite including claw foot bath
- Oil fired central heating
- Range of stone outbuilding incorporating garage, store and stables
- Front and rear vehicular entrances
- Mature and private gardens surround the property extending to circa 0.5 acre
Additional InformationDating back to the 1850's, in it's current guise and further back as a more modest dwelling, this detached residence is steeped in the history of the area. As the name suggests, the property was built by the nobility for the local Presbyterian Church, but has most recently been the charming home of the current owners.
Entering through the pillared entrance to the tree lined drive, there is a sense of expectation of the grandeur that lies ahead.
The property sits amidst circa 0.5 acre of the most wonderful mature and private gardens with a range of stone outbuildings, all secluded from the road by an original stone wall.
Accommodation on two floors offers an array of four reception, four bedrooms and an attractive rustic kitchen with Aga range and adjoining scullery and utility room. More modern requirements have not been omitted, either with an ensuite to the master bedroom and a refitted traditional style bathroom. An interesting feature or architectural characteristic can be found around every corner, with shuttered sash windows, cornicing, picture rails and corbels adding to the charm of this delightful home.
The range of outbuilding have available to them a secondary access and provide garaging, stables and storage.
For those less familiar with the area, Conlig is situated between Bangor and Newtownards with both a short five minute drive away, with Belfast less than thirty minutes commute.
- ENTRANCE PORCH:
- Hardwood door with glazed side lights and fan light, tiled floor, glazed vestibule door to:-
- RECEPTION HALL:
- Cornicing, corbels, wood laminate flooring.
- WC and wash hand basin, tongue and groove panelling to dado rail.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 4.8m x 4.04m (15' 9" x 13' 3")
Slate fireplace with cast iron open grate, cornicing and picture rail.
- DINING ROOM:
- 5.11m x 4.06m (16' 9" x 13' 4")
Marble fireplace with basket grate, cornicing and picture rail, built-in china stove.
- FAMILY ROOM:
- 4.42m x 3.28m (14' 6" x 10' 9")
Fireplace with basket grate and tiled hearth, built-in storage.
- REAR HALLWAY:
- Leading to:-
- 4.27m x 3.35m (14' 0" x 11' 0")
Range of high and low level pine units with Beech work tops, brick recess with oil fired Aga, Belfast sink, integrated fridge, quarry tiled floor, tiled splash backs, work surfacing, down lighting.
- 3.2m x 1.83m (10' 6" x 6' 0")
Zanussi hob and eye-level oven, pine high and low level units, plumbed for dishwasher, quarry tiled floor.
- LANDING/FREEZER ROOM/PANTRY:
- Fitted units, Belfast sink, plumbed for washing machine and piped for tumble dryer.
- 3.15m x 1.98m (10' 4" x 6' 6")
- Staircase with spindled handrail to:-
- SPLIT-LEVEL LANDING
- MASTER BEDROOM:
- 4.88m x 4.11m (16' 0" x 13' 6")
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM/DRESSING ROOM:
- Panelled shower cubicle, low flush wc, vanitory basin, built-in robes.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 4.8m x 4.06m (15' 9" x 13' 4")
Wash hand basin in pine stand, range of built-in robes.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 4.42m x 3.3m (14' 6" x 10' 10")
Plus built-in cupboard.
- BEDROOM (4):
- 4.11m x 2.9m (13' 6" x 9' 6")
Hotpress with copper cylinder and immersion heater.
- White suite comprising roll top claw foot bath with hand shower, low flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin, half tiled walls.
- BOILER HOUSE
- Range of stone outbuildings for garaging , stores and two stables, with separate vehicular access.
Circa 0.5 acre of mature garden with a variety of trees, shrubs and planting. Attractive stone wall front boundary with pillared entrances.
Travelling from Bangor to Newtownards on the dual carriageway, turn right before the traffic lights at the junction with Green Road. Bear left and travel for approximately 1/4 mile to find property on left hand side.
How much will it cost?
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Find out how to make your property stand out more, increase your views and get twice the exposure as a standard listing!
- Get twice the exposure than a standard listing
- Attractive design with banner and additional photographs
- Get to the top of the search results (Featured only)
- Choose the Featured or Premium Option or both
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »