- Additional Information
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Charming double fronted Victorian detached family home dating back to 1895 with stunning Lough and Sea views
- Formerly the manse for Groomsport Presbyterian Church
- Completely refurbished including extension to the rear, full rewire, replumbing, new damp proof course, timber rot and woodworm treatments
- Extensive restoration of period features throughout including corbels, ceiling roses and bespoke new Victorian style radiators
- Attractive entrance porch with original Victorian tiles
- Hallway with bespoke designed cathedral floor
- Drawing room with carved wooden fireplace, bay window with original shutters, access to butler's pantry
- Dining room with carved wooden fireplace, bay window and original shutters
- Living room
- Downstairs cloaks and WC
- Open plan kitchen, living and dining
- Bespoke hand painted traditional style kitchen with Sinquastone natural stone worktops from Lamont Stone, integrated appliances, Quooker boiling water tap, electric Aga, stand-alone larder unit, feature island with casual breakfast bar dining and French doors to patio, open to living and dining
- Living and dining space with French doors to patio, roof lantern over living area
- Utility room
- Six bedrooms, master with fabulous ensuite
- Family bathroom in traditional style suite
- Study/Dressing room/Luggage room
- Extensive eaves storage on second floor
- Oil fired central heating (recently installed)
- Maxflow water pressure system installed
- Double garage with space above for playroom/study/workshop
- Attractive landscaped gardens surrounding the property with mature shrub beds
- Superb private patio space to the rear, ideal for entertaining with access to lawn
- Generous parking and turning space
- Highly convenient location close to schools, amenities, public transport networks and main arterial routes to Bangor, Newtownards, Holywood and Belfast
- Superb location within minutes of Bangor town centre and a short walk to Groomsport village
Additional InformationSet on the Bangor Road coming into Groomsport, this beautifully presented detached family home is situated in wonderfully mature landscaped gardens and has been immaculately refurbished by the current owners.
The accommodation is set over three levels and is in keeping with the period style of the property. On the ground floor you are greeted by an attractive entrance door and porch, following from this you will find a drawing room with open fire and original working shutters, dining room with open fire and original working shutters, living room, fitted kitchen with breakfast bar open to dining and living space with double opening doors to the rear patio and gardens. In addition there is a downstairs WC/cloaks, utility room and access to the garage. On the first floor return there is a bedroom and family bathroom. On the first floor there are a further three bedrooms, master with impressive en suite and a study. On the second floor there are two double bedrooms, both with ample eaves storage and a shower room. The majority of the bedrooms benefit from stunning Lough views across the rolling countryside.
The property is set amidst well-tended landscaped gardens which benefit from a westerly aspect. To the rear there is a fabulous patio which is ideal for entertaining which steps down to the private gardens. The driveway sweeps up to the front of the property giving ample parking and turning space.
This property is located perfectly between Bangor and Groomsport and offers a wealth of amenities on your doorstep still whilst enjoying the semi-rural life with lough views. Groomsport village and the North Down coastline are only a short stroll away and Bangor town centre is a couple of minutes in the car. The property is located close to local schools, public transport links and main arterial routes to Newtownards, Holywood and Belfast city centre making this home highly convenient for the modern family.
Viewing is strictly by appointment only by contacting our North Down office on 02890428989.
- Attractive period entrance door with glazed side panels to:
- ENTRANCE PORCH:
- Period tiled floor, corniced ceiling, hardwood and partially glazed inner door to:
- ENTRANCE HALL:
- Ornate tiled floor, period style radiators, staircase to first floor, corniced ceiling, understairs storage.
- DINING ROOM:
- 5.79m x 4.24m (19' 0" x 13' 11")
Open fire with carved wood surround with tiled inset and hearth, wood strip floor, bay window with shutters, corniced ceiling, ceiling rose, picture rail.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 6.12m x 4.24m (20' 1" x 13' 11")
Open fire with carved wood fire surround and marble hearth, bay window with shutters, wood strip floor, corniced ceiling, ceiling rose, picture rail, access to study.
- 2.84m x 1.98m (9' 4" x 6' 6")
Wood strip floor, corniced ceiling.
- LIVING ROOM:
- 4.24m x 3.33m (13' 11" x 10' 11")
Corniced ceiling, picture rail.
- 2.97m x 2.08m (9' 9" x 6' 10")
Period suite comprising of wash hand basin on traditional upstand and crapper toilet, panelled walls with ample hanging space, tiled floor.
- OPEN PLAN KITCHEN/LIVING/DINING:
- 6.71m x 4.55m (22' 0" x 14' 11")
Country style painted kitchen with granite worktops and feature island, Neff double oven and microwave, integrated fridge and larder, electric Aga with concealed extractor, island with twin Belfast sinks, brass mixer tap, Quooker hot water tap, integrated wine fridge, wine rack, integrated dishwasher, breakfast bar, dining for 4, recessed lighting, feature wood effect tiled parquet floor, double doors to patio, open to:
- LIVING ROOM:
- 4.62m x 4.47m (15' 2" x 14' 8")
Wood effect tiled parquet floor, roof lantern, double doors to patio.
- REAR HALLWAY:
- Wood effect tiled parquet floor, PVC door to side.
- UTILITY ROOM:
- Wood effect tiled parquet floor, fitted with a good range of units and storage, Belfast sink with brass mixer tap, plumbed for washing machine, recessed lighting.
First Floor Return
- BEDROOM (4):
- 4.09m x 2.87m (13' 5" x 9' 5")
Corniced ceiling, storage cupboard.
- 4.47m x 2.41m (14' 8" x 7' 11")
Period style suite comprising: Low flush WC, pedestal wash hand basin, free standing bath, walk in shower with overhead and hand held attachments, tiled floor, access to roofspace.
- MASTER BEDROOM:
- 5.23m x 4.22m (17' 2" x 13' 10")
Into bay. Bay window with views across the Lough, corniced ceiling, ceiling rose.
- 3.89m x 3.84m (12' 9" x 12' 7")
Average. Period style suite comprising of pedestal wash hand basin, walk in shower with overhead and hand held attachments, free standing feature bath, tiled floor, corniced ceiling, recessed lighting, heated towel rail, excellent range of built in wardrobes with vanity station.
- SEPARATE WC:
- Low flush WC, tiled floor, shelving and cupboard, recessed lighting.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 5.11m x 4.24m (16' 9" x 13' 11")
Bay window with lough views, corniced ceiling, storage cupboard.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 4.27m x 3.38m (14' 0" x 11' 1")
Lough views, corniced ceiling, storage cupboard.
- Period features including corbels, archways, corniced ceiling.
- 2.92m x 2.11m (9' 7" x 6' 11")
Sea views, corniced ceiling.
- BEDROOM (5):
- 4.37m x 3.94m (14' 4" x 12' 11")
At widest points. Lough views, access to roofspace, two extensive walk in eaves stores.
- BEDROOM (6):
- 5.16m x 4.34m (16' 11" x 14' 3")
Extensive walk in eaves storage, access to roofspace.
- SHOWER ROOM:
- Period style suite comprising of low flush WC, pedestal wash hand basin, fully tiled corner shower with overhead and hand held shower attachments, fully tiled walls, tiled floor, recessed lighting, access to roofspace, access to eaves.
- 6.76m x 5.64m (22' 2" x 18' 6")
Twin automated roller doors, power and light, access to side via glazed PVC door, storage cupboard, access to floored storage space.
- FLOORED STORAGE SPACE:
- 10.19m x 3.48m (33' 5" x 11' 5")
Average. Power and light.
- Courtyard, fully paved, lighting, water supply, access to enclosed lawns. Dog run.
- Sweeping driveway to front, lawn and mature hedge boundary, ample parking and turning space.
- Please note some images contain virtual furniture.
Bangor Road coming into Groomsport
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Notes can only be seen by you and any pals you have added, they cannot be viewed by the vendor or estate agent.
How much will it cost?
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Featured Listing
Get one boost to the top of the search results every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 2: Premier Listing
Get an automatic boost to the top of the search results every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »