The Mill, Turnavall Road,
Newry, BT34 1LZ
2 Bed Detached House
Offers around £175,000
Contact the Agent
Morgan Property Services
Offers around £175,000
No results, try changing your mortgage criteria below
118 sq. metres
- Rare opportunity to acquire a stone built former flax mill which dates back to the early 19th century.
- Set within a much sought after countryside location just off the Rathfriland Road, within approx. 5 miles of Newry City and only minutes from the A1, making this an ideal base for commuting to southern Ireland or north to Belfast.
- This charming dwelling has been partly renovated to include kitchen/living area and two bedrooms on the first floor.
- The property retains many original features including wooden beams, brick archways, large chimney stack, etc.
- Site extends to circa one acre and is well protected by mature trees and shrubs.
- There is also a detached one bedroom stone cottage on the grounds for added appeal.
- Great potential to extend and renovate the existing dwelling into a family home, renovate the stone cottage and outbuildings to provide additional living accommodation such as a granny flat, workshop or office, subject to regulatory approval.
- Ideal purchase for those seeking a renovation project with an abundance of character and charm in a choice location.
- Viewing highly recommended.
- EPC G1 / F33
THE MILL HOUSE
Hardwood front door.
Open plan Living Area with Kitchen
8.59m x 6.3m
Exposed wooden ceiling beams. Timber wooden flooring. Electric points. 1 1/3 bowl stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap. uPVC double glazed window. Front aspect.
Exposed brick fireplace with cast iron wood burning stove. Timber flooring. uPVC double glazed window. Front aspect. Feature brick and stone arch to rear utility area and stairwell.
Rear Lobby / Utility Area 13.03m x 5.6m Timber staircase which leads to first floor.
Feature staircase with large rear facing window . Solid Pine flooring. Coving. Access to
2.5m x 1.7m Walk-in shower unit with Gainsborough electric shower fitting, wash hand
basin and low flush WC. Exposed timber floor. Side aspect.
Bedroom 1 (Main)
6.4m x 5.8m Large bedroom with high vaulted ceiliing. Exposed timber floor. Feature
windows. Front aspect.
2.5m x 2.29m Exposed timber floor. L-shaped room.
DETACHED STONE COTTAGE
3.83m x 3.66m Brick fireplace.
3.6m x 2.68m Cast iron fireplace.
Main dwelling living accommodation extends to approximately 118 m2 as per EPC.
To the front of the site there is a mature garden laid in lawn with Oak, Cherry, Ash, Pear and other fruit trees growing.
To the rear there is a walled garden area, stone workshop and mill chimney. The nearby river is a tributary of the Clanrye River.
Detached Stone Cottage
Living Room & Bedroom
Store Room 8.05m x 5.66m leads to additional storage area.
Store Room 8.66m x 5.6m
Detached Stone Garage / Workshop 11.76m x 3.63m
This property may also be suitable for redevelopment for holiday accommodation subject to planning permission.
We have not checked that the fixtures and fittings, integrated appliances and equipment, heating, plumbing and electrical systems are in working order. Measurements are approximate and floor plans are for illustrative purposes only.
Schools near The Mill, Turnavall Road, Newry, BT34 1LZ
- Selective Grammar Schools
- Integrated Colleges
- Secondary Schools
- Primary Schools
Sorry we couldn't find any selective grammar schools within in a null miles radius of this property
Loading Area Price Data
Are you selling this property?
Our advertising upgrades can make your property really stand out.
Advertise until sold
PROMOTE YOUR PROPERTY
Stand out - with 4 photos on the search results page showing the best features of your property as chosen by you
Adverts appear above standard ads and are twice the size of a standard ad
Premier properties receive 3.5x more email enquiries than standard ads
Reach more buyers - push your advert up to the top of the search results every week for the first four weeks
Advertise until sold - with no limits or expiry date, your advert stays up until it's sale agreed
Upgrade option - with our 'bump it back' package to push your advert back to the top of the search results
You choose the duration
PROMOTE YOUR PROPERTY
Stand out - in an area specifically chosen by you for as long as you want
Adverts appear above standard ads
Featured properties receive 1.5x more email enquiries than standard ads
Attract buyers - your advert will appear at the top of the search results every week for the duration of your order
Upgrade your advert - to a premier listing with no limit or expiry date
Final cost of a featured listing is determined by search terms and duration of listing.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
SPOTTED A PROBLEM? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings.