- Additional Information
- Area Price Tracker
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- Attractive Victorian double fronted period semi detached residence
- Located in the heart of Cultra
- Recently extended and comprehensively restored
- Contemporary extension to rear with full length glazing
- Entrance hall with half panelled walls
- Drawing room with limestone fireplace, built in bookcases and bay window
- Living room
- Study with solid wooden parquet floor and built in furniture
- Large open plan contemporary kitchen, living and dining space
- Modern fitted kitchen
- Living and dining space with full length windows and sliding glazed doors to rear patio and gardens
- Bedroom one with en suite shower room
- Four further double bedrooms
- Family bathroom
- Utility room & WC
- Gas fired central heating
- Original period features and a range of bespoke wall panelling and window shutters
- Private and enclosed patio and lawns to the rear
- Attractive gardens to front laid in lawns with mature hedge boundary and sweeping stoned driveway
- Minutes' walk to Marino train halt, amenities and the North Down shoreline
- Highly convenient to Holywood Belfast and the City Airport
Additional InformationThe Hermitage is a traditional Victorian double fronted semi-detached family home set in the highly regarded and sought after location, Cultra.
The accommodation comprises of an attractive entrance porch and hallway with original features, large drawing room with open fire, sitting room, study with fitted bookcases and utility room with WC. To the rear is a contrasting modern open plan living extension with full length glazed windows and sliding doors opening out to the private and enclosed patio and gardens. On the first floor there are five bedrooms, bedroom one with en suite shower room and a family bathroom.
Much of the period detailing remains with high ceilings, picture rails and cornices and recently there have been significant tasteful renovations and improvements carried out with sympathy for the original period style yet with a contemporary design twist.
The property is set on a mature site with a sweeping driveway leading to generous parking. There are gardens to the front laid in lawns and to the rear of the property there are good sized gardens in lawns and a patio area bordered by mature hedges.
The Cultra area has consistently proved popular with a wide range of buyers who appreciate the maturity of the setting, which offers great convenience to main transport routes by road and rail, and to all the shopping and social amenities around Holywood. The Marino train halt is 2 minutes' walk and the North Down coastal paths are only a short stroll away.
Period homes in this location are much sought after and we encourage interested parties to arrange a private appointment to view in order to appreciate all that is on offer.
- Black and white tiled steps leading to grand entrance door, hardwood with glazed side lights and top light, through to reception porch.
- RECEPTION PORCH:
- With feature tiled floor, inset spotlights, electrics cupboard, space for cloaks, reception door, timber with etched glazing and etched glazed side lights and top light leading through to spacious reception hall.
- SPACIOUS RECEPTION HALL:
- With inset spotlights, Walnut flooring throughout, storage under stairs with alarm.
- FAMILY ROOM:
- 5.3m x 3.9m (17' 5" x 12' 10")
Into bay window. Glazed double doors, Bespoke fitted shutters, cornice detail bordering, inset spotlights, feature central panelling, walnut flooring.
- LIBRARY ROOM:
- 7.2m x 4.m (23' 7" x 13' 1")
Glazed double doors, outlook to front, bespoke fitted shutters, walnut floor, bespoke fitted book shelving and cabinetry with panel surrounding to walls, cornice detail bordering, feature fire with granite hearth and stone surround and mantel.
- 4.m x 3.4m (13' 1" x 11' 2")
Outlook to rear, fitted shelving, inset spotlights, cornice bordering, feature fire with tiled hearth and detailed tiled surround with timber surround mantel.
- Fully tiled floor, fitted high and low level units, space for tumble dryer, space for washing machine, Worcester gas boiler, stainless steel sink and a half with drainer, chrome mixer taps, feature stained glass window, chrome heated towel rail, low flush WC.
- 7.7m x 6.2m (25' 3" x 20' 4")
Underfloor heating, tiled floor, bespoke fitted kitchen by Function Design, range of high and low level units, granite work surface, five ring gas hob with dual oven and stainless steel extractor above, granite splashback, space for American style fridge freezer, integrated wine rack, inset spotlights, integrated central island unit with granite work surface, integrated dishwasher, integrated extra storage, stainless steel Franke sink and a half with chrome mixer taps, generous space for living/dining with recessed LED strip lights and inset spotlights, built-in cabinetry, large sliding uPVC and double glazed patio doors to rear garden and access door to rear yard.
- With outlook to rear garden, inset spotlights, cornice detail bordering throughout.
- BEDROOM (4):
- 3.7m x 2.2m (12' 2" x 7' 3")
- FAMILY SHOWER ROOM:
- Porcelain tiled floor, white suite comprising of low flush WC, wall hung wash hand basin with chrome mixer taps, vanity storage below, fully tiled walls, walk-in thermostatically controlled shower with telephone handle attachment and drencher above, inset spotlights, Xpelair system, chrome heated towel rail.
- Access to roofspace via Slingsby style ladder, linen cupboard with shelving and radiator.
- Suitable for conversion subject to normal consents.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 3.8m x 3.3m (12' 6" x 10' 10")
Outlook to rear, inset spotlights, cornice bordering.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 5.3m x 4.m (17' 5" x 13' 1")
Cornice detail bordering, inset spotlights, fitted robes with rails and shelving.
- BEDROOM (1):
- 5.6m x 4.m (18' 4" x 13' 1")
Mature outlook to front, fitted wardrobes with rails and shelving.
- ENSUITE BATHROOM:
- 3.1m x 3.1m (10' 2" x 10' 2")
White suite comprising of low flush WC, panelled bath with mixer taps and feature waterfall tap with telephone handle attachment, walk-in thermostatically controlled shower with telephone handle attachment and drencher above, fully tiled shower enclosure, inset spotlight, extractor fan, partially tiled walls, chrome heated towel rail, bespoke fitted shutters.
- Front driveway laid in stones with front garden laid in lawns with flowerbeds, parking to side of property, rear garden laid in lawns and patio area laid in paving perfect for entertaining.
Area Price Tracker
Unless otherwise stated, all content in this section is copyright of PropertyPal 2019, and all rights are reserved. The contents of this section, ether in whole or in part, may not be reproduced, stored or transmitted without prior written permission from PropertyPal.
This section has been prepared by PropertyPal for general guidance on matters of interest only, and does not constitute professional advice. You should not act upon the information contained in this section without obtaining specific professional advice. No representation or warranty (express or implied) is given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this section.
It is a condition of PropertyPal allowing you free access to this section that you accept that PropertyPal, its clients, employees and agents do not accept or assume any liability, responsibility or duty of care for any consequences of you or anyone else acting, or refraining to act, in reliance on the information contained in this section or for any decision based on it.
Note: Data is compiled by PropertyPal using data from the official NI House Price Index publication, released by Land & Property Services in conjunction with the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency, and supplemented with data collected by PropertyPal. The NI House Price Index can be accessed here.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Notes can only be seen by you and any pals you have added, they cannot be viewed by the vendor or estate agent.
23rd Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Featured Listing
Get one boost to the top of the search results every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 2: Premier Listing
Get an automatic boost to the top of the search results every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »