- Additional Information
- Area Price Tracker
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- Attractive double fronted period semi-detached home
- Located in the heart of Cultra
- Exceptionally well presented
- Providing modern living within a period home
- Mosaic tiled floor leading to entrance hall
- Drawing Room with limestone fireplace, built in bookcases, bay window with fitted shutters
- Living Room with bay window and fitted shutters
- Study with solid wood floor and built in shelving
- Utility Room/Downstairs WC
- Extended Kitchen/Living/Dining Room with bespoke fitted kitchen, granite work surfaces, island unit and ample space for living and dining with sliding doors leading to rear patio and garden
- Four Bedrooms, Master with generous en suite bathroom
- Family Bathroom
- Roofspace suitable for conversion subject to normal consents
- Gas fired central heating
- Original period features and a range bespoke wall panelling and window shutters
- Attractive mature gardens
- Highly convenient to Holywood, Belfast City and Belfast Lough shoreline
Additional InformationThe Hermitage is a period double fronted semi-detached family home set in Cultra, a highly regarded tree lined location with a strong sales record.
The interior layout provides three good sized reception rooms, utility room/WC and a recently extended kitchen/living dining room with sliding doors to rear garden on the ground floor. To the first floor, off the main landing there are three well-proportioned bedrooms, master with large en suite bathroom, linen cupboard and access to roofspace (suitable for conversion subject to normal consents) and the fourth bedroom located in the return together with the family bathroom.
Much of the period detailing remains with high ceilings, picture rails and cornicing with added details such as fitted shutters, panelled walls, and built in furniture.
The property is set on a large and mature site with a sweeping driveway leading past lawns to the front with parking to the front and side. The rear of the property completely secure and bordered by hedging is laid in lawns and a patio area perfect for children at play and entertaining.
The Cultra area has consistently proved popular with a wide range of buyers who appreciate the maturity of the setting, which offers great convenience to main transport routes by road and rail, and to all of the shopping and social amenities around Holywood.
Period homes in this location are much sought after, and we encourage interested parties to arrange a private appointment at your earliest convenience.
- Black and white tiled steps leading to grand entrance door, hardwood with glazed side lights and top light, through to reception porch.
- RECEPTION PORCH:
- With original tiled floor, inset spotlights, electrics cupboard, space for cloaks, reception door, timber with etched glazing and etched glazed side lights and top light leading through to spacious reception hall.
- SPACIOUS RECEPTION HALL:
- With inset spotlights, Walnut flooring throughout, storage under stairs with alarm.
- LIVING ROOM:
- 3.9m x 5.3m (12' 10" x 17' 5")
into bay window
Bespoke fitted shutters, cornice detail bordering, inset spotlights, feature central panelling with double doors with glazing leading to library room.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 4.m x 7.2m (13' 1" x 23' 7")
With outlook to front, bespoke fitted shutters, walnut floor, bespoke fitted book shelving and cabinetry with panel surrounding to walls, cornice detail bordering, feature fire with granite hearth and stone surround and mantel.
- 4.m x 3.4m (13' 1" x 11' 2")
Outlook to rear, fitted shelving, inset spotlight, cornice bordering, feature fire with tiled hearth and detailed tiled surround with timber surround mantel.
- UTILITY ROOM:
- Fully tiled floor, fitted high and low level units, space for tumble dryer, space for washing machine, Worcester gas boiler, stainless steel sink and a half with drainer, chrome mixer taps, feature stained glass window, chrome heated towel rail, low flush WC.
- 6.2m x 7.7m (20' 4" x 25' 3")
at widest points
Underfloor heating, feature tiled floor, bespoke fitted kitchen by Function Design, range of high and low level units, granite work surface, five ring gas hob with dual oven and stainless steel extractor above, granite splashback, space for American style fridge freezer, integrated wine rack, inset spotlights, integrated central island unit with granite work surface, integrated dishwasher, integrated extra storage, stainless steel Franke sink and a half with chrome mixer taps, generous space for living/dining with recessed LED strip lights and inset spotlights, built-in cabinetry, large sliding uPVC and double glazed patio doors to rear garden and access door to rear yard.
- With outlook to rear garden, inset spotlights, cornice detail bordering throughout.
- BEDROOM (4):
- 2.2m x 3.7m (7' 3" x 12' 2")
- FAMILY SHOWER ROOM:
- Porcelain tiled floor, white suite comprising of low flush WC, wall hung wash hand basin with chrome mixer taps, vanity storage below, fully tiled walls, walk-in thermostatically controlled shower with telephone handle attachment and drencher above, inset spotlights, Xpelair system, chrome heated towel rail.
- Access to roofspace via Slingsby style ladder, linen cupboard with shelving and radiator.
- Suitable for conversion subject to normal consents.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 3.8m x 3.3m (12' 6" x 10' 10")
Outlook to rear, inset spotlights, cornice bordering.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 4.m x 5.3m (13' 1" x 17' 5")
into bay window
Cornice detail bordering, inset spotlights, fitted robes with rails and shelving.
- BEDROOM (1):
- 5.6m x 4.m (18' 4" x 13' 1")
Mature outlook to front, fitted wardrobes with rails and shelving.
En Suite Bathroom
3.1m x 3.1m
White suite comprising of low flush WC, panelled bath with mixer taps and feature waterfall tap with telephone handle attachment, walk-in thermostatically controlled shower with telephone handle attachment and drencher above, fully tiled shower enclosure, inset spotlight, extractor fan, partially tiled walls, chrome heated towel rail, bespoke fitted shutters.
- Front driveway laid in stones with front garden laid in lawns with flowerbeds, parking to side of property, rear garden laid in lawns and patio area laid in paving perfect for entertaining.
Travelling from Holywood in the direction of Bangor turn left at the traffic lights after the Maxol garage onto Farmhill Road passing Marino train stop. Turn right onto Old Cultra Road and the property will be on the right hand side.
Area Price Tracker
Unless otherwise stated, all content in this section is copyright of PropertyPal 2019, and all rights are reserved. The contents of this section, ether in whole or in part, may not be reproduced, stored or transmitted without prior written permission from PropertyPal.
This section has been prepared by PropertyPal for general guidance on matters of interest only, and does not constitute professional advice. You should not act upon the information contained in this section without obtaining specific professional advice. No representation or warranty (express or implied) is given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this section.
It is a condition of PropertyPal allowing you free access to this section that you accept that PropertyPal, its clients, employees and agents do not accept or assume any liability, responsibility or duty of care for any consequences of you or anyone else acting, or refraining to act, in reliance on the information contained in this section or for any decision based on it.
Note: Data is compiled by PropertyPal using data from the official NI House Price Index publication, released by Land & Property Services in conjunction with the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency, and supplemented with data collected by PropertyPal. The NI House Price Index can be accessed here.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Notes can only be seen by you and any pals you have added, they cannot be viewed by the vendor or estate agent.
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Featured Listing
Get one boost to the top of the search results every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 2: Premier Listing
Get an automatic boost to the top of the search results every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »