How much will it cost?
Contact Mark Crawford Financial For No Obligation Advice
Thank you for enquiring through Mark Crawford Financial. A member of our team will be in contact with you. We will charge a broker fee of between £0 and £250, payable on receipt of mortgage offer. The amount we will charge is dependent on the amount of research and administration that is required.
This agent has listed the accuracy as: Quite Near
- Charming Tudor Gothic style detached residence set in a private road in Cultra leading to the sea
- Spacious interior with original architectural features
- Five bedrooms, four reception rooms, study and conservatory
- Modern kitchen with separate breakfast room
- Utility room
- Family bathroom and dressing area
- Ground floor shower room with Finnish Sauna, WC and separate cloakroom
- Large paved courtyard, patio, outhouses and detached garage
- Mature, landscaped south facing gardens
- Convenient to Holywood, Belfast and The George Best City Airport
- Close to Royal North of Ireland Yacht Club, Royal Belfast Golf Club and The Culloden Hotel and Spa
- A number of excellent schools nearby
Additional Information'The Gables' is a unique and enthralling Tudor Gothic residence with much charm and atmosphere. It is rare that a property of this type and elegance comes on the market. The quality of this Grade B listed building is superb, with enormous attention to detail and finish. There are wonderful original, authentic details throughout the property including marble fireplaces, panelling, wooden beams and stained glass windows. In our opinion, 'The Gables' is arguably one of the finest houses in this exclusive area and should be viewed to be really appreciated. It is located on the private Glen Road which leads to the sea and the marvellous North Down coastal walks. Offering generous accommodation there are four reception rooms, a study, kitchen, separate breakfast room, utility room, sauna and conservatory and five spacious bedrooms upstairs. The outside area comprises a large courtyard, patio, detached double garage, outhouses and mature gardens with a large variety of trees and shrubs.
- ENTRANCE PORCH:
- Approached through Gothic style original pitched pine front door with marble floor and stained glass leaded windows to sides. Leads to Entrance Hall.
- ENTRANCE HALL:
- Through stained glass inner door. Corniced ceiling. Cloaks and telephone cubicle with built in desk and elegant stairway leading to upstairs.
- SHOWER ROOM INCLUDING FINNISH SAUNA:
- 2.82m x 2.08m (9' 3" x 6' 10")
Fully tiled shower cubicle, ceramic tiled floor, Finnish sauna, low flush WC, pedestal wash hand basin and wood panelled throughout.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 5.38m x 5.05m (17' 8" x 16' 7")
Into bay. Period marble fireplace, open fire, corniced ceiling and bay window with views of garden. Leads to Study
- 4.06m x 3.53m (13' 4" x 11' 7")
Parquet wood block floor. Two oriel type windows with views of garden.
- 5.44m x 4.14m (17' 10" x 13' 7")
Corniced ceiling, leaded windows. Hole in wall fireplace currently used as a feature.
- SOUTH FACING GARDEN ROOM:
- 3.76m x 3.1m (12' 4" x 10' 2")
Ceramic tiled floor with wood panelled walls, fully glazed ceiling and double doors leading to patio, barbecue area and garden.
- DINING ROOM:
- 5.13m x 3.15m (16' 10" x 10' 4")
White marble fireplace with Rayburn Rembrandt grate, wall safe and original stone wall retained as a feature, corniced ceiling and double doors leading to Conservatory.
- 4.93m x 3.48m (16' 2" x 11' 5")
Mature vine, tiled floor, pitched pine wooden and glazed construction with door to courtyard.
- 3.86m x 3.58m (12' 8" x 11' 9")
Excellent range of high and low level units with polished granite worktops, 1.5 bowl sink unit, four ring ceramic hob with extractor fan over, Neff double oven, built in Neff fridge and built in Zanussi dishwasher, panelled wood ceiling, ceramic tiled floor and leaded windows overlooking courtyard.
- BREAKFAST ROOM:
- 2.79m x 2.51m (9' 2" x 8' 3")
Ceramic tiled floor, panelled wood ceiling, feature alcove and leaded windows overlooking courtyard.
- UTILITY ROOM:
- 2.54m x 2.44m (8' 4" x 8' 0")
Ceramic tiled floor, panelled wood ceiling, excellent range of storage cupboards and units, free-standing large freezer and matching fridge, washing machine and recently installed Grant oil condensing boiler.
- Stairs to:
- MASTER BEDROOM:
- 5.94m x 4.39m (19' 6" x 14' 5")
Built in wardrobes and ample storage and gothic style windows overlooking garden plus dormer window overlooking Glen Road and original features including beamed ceiling.
- STUDY AREA:
- 2.82m x 1.27m (9' 3" x 4' 2")
Gothic style leaded glass window with built in desk under an eaves ceiling.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 4.67m x 3.28m (15' 4" x 10' 9")
Dormer window and original features plus built in wardrobe.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 4.11m x 2.51m (13' 6" x 8' 3")
Built in wardrobe and storage with Velux window, beamed ceiling.
- Along corridor to:
- BEDROOM (4):
- 4.09m x 3.4m (13' 5" x 11' 2")
Gothic style window overlooking courtyard with roof light and original Tudor oak beamed ceiling.
- GUEST BEDROOM (5):
- 5.38m x 3.4m (17' 8" x 11' 2")
Dormer window to front, Tudor gothic style window to side overlooking courtyard. Built in wardrobes, storage and original beams and features.
- 2.79m x 2.51m (9' 2" x 8' 3")
Panelled bath with pedestal wash hand basin, bidet, built in storage and gothic style window overlooking garden.
- DRESSING ROOM:
- Built in linen cupboard and hotpress with Willis hot water cylinder, gothic style window overlooking garden.
- SEPARATE WC:
- Low flush WC.
- Accessed from this landing is a substantially floored and insulated roof attic through trap door and Slingsby ladder.
- DETACHED GARAGE:
- 4.93m x 5.87m (16' 2" x 19' 3")
Electric up and over door, remote controlled. Leaded windows, Gothic pitched pine door, security and inside lighting, insulated walls and flooring, water and power, large chest freezer. Substantial floored storage area on first floor level.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »
(in last 30 days)
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Want to increase your views?
Why not Increase Your Views and get twice the exposure as a regular listing!Increase Your Views