- Additional Information
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- Detached Residence Designed In 1959 Occupying Mature Secluded Site Extending To Approximately 2.8 Acres
- Superb Residential Location With Ease Of Access To Belfast City Centre, Main Arterial Routes And Leading Primary And Grammar Schools
- Spacious Reception Hall
- Drawing Room
- Formal Dining Room
- Kitchen Area With Aga
- Four Bedrooms, Master With Ensuite Bathroom And Access To Veranda
- Family Bathroom
- Oil Fired Central Heating
- Sweeping Driveway To Parking/Turning Area
- Detached Double Garage
- Price Exclusive Of Rates
- Not HMO Registered - Not Suitable For Sharers
- Available For Occupation November 2018
Additional InformationDesigned in 1959 by architect, Henry Lynn for Clement Wilson, 'The Beacon' is undoubtedly a unique home and setting in Malone.
'The Beacon' is a house of immense character with Norfolk reed thatched roof, set in mature gardens and woodland extending to approximately 2.8 acres in the heart of Malone.
The setting enjoys all the attributes of peaceful, rural living with the Clement Wilson Park and the Lagan Valley literally on your doorstep. Yet despite this idyllic setting, the property enjoys easy access to the City Centre, main arterial routes, a range of leading primary and grammar schools, and the many social and recreational amenities available in South Belfast.
The property offers comfortable, well proportioned accommodation comprising, a spacious reception hall with gallery landing, cloakroom, impressive drawing room, wood panelled diningroom, and kitchen with adjoining utility room. Upstairs there are 4 bedrooms including a spacious master bedroom with access to veranda, and ensuite bathroom.
To arrange a viewing, please contact our South Belfast office on 02890668888.
- Double opening entrance doors with full height leaded glazed panels to Reception Hall.
- RECEPTION HALL:
- Feature stone wall. Solid wooden staircase with cast iron spindlesleading to gallery landing. Parquet floor. Access to storage under stairs. Wall light wiring.
- Partially tiled walls. Ceramic tiled floor.
- SEPARATE WC:
- Low flush WC and pedestal wash hand basin. Partially tiled walls. Ceramic tiled floor.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 7.32m x 4.67m (24' 0" x 15' 4")
Period style Inglenook fireplace with hardwood mantle, polished stone surround and hearth (open fire), stone recess. Sliding door to Dining Room. Views over mature gardens. Wall light wiring.
- DINING ROOM:
- 6.4m x 3.96m (21' 0" x 13' 0")
Period style fireplace with hardwood mantle, stone surround and hearth (open fire). French doors leading to garden. Wood panelled walls. Wall light wiring.
- REAR HALLWAY:
- Parquet flooring. Walk-in larder.
- 5.44m x 2.67m (17' 10" x 8' 9")
Range of high and low level units. Inset Belfast sink unit. Oil fired Aga. Space for cooker. Space for fridge freezer. Partially tiled walls. Serving hatch to Dining Room.
- REAR PORCH/UTILITY ROOM:
- Wall light wiring.
- MASTER BEDROOM:
- 7.42m x 4.75m (24' 4" x 15' 7")
Period style handcrafted fireplace with marble surround and hearth. French doors to veranda. Views over mature gardens.
- ENSUITE BATHROOM:
- Coloured suite comprising panelled bath, fully tiled shower cubicle, low flush WC., pedestal wash hand basin, bidet.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 4.37m x 3.56m (14' 4" x 11' 8")
Connecting door to main bathroom.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 3.51m x 3.45m (11' 6" x 11' 4")
- BEDROOM (4):
- 3.3m x 2.59m (10' 10" x 8' 6")
Access to roofspace.
- Coloured suite comprising panelled bath, low flush WC and pedestal wash hand basin. Fully tiled walls. Connecting door to Bedroom 2.
- Approached by a sweeping driveway, the property occupies a private elevated setting with mature gardens laid in lawns, a profusion of mature shrubs and woodland. There are pleasant pathways through the woodland gardens. Generous parking and turning area to front of the property.
Travelling away from Belfast City Centre along Malone Road, turn left at the Balmoral junction onto Newforge Lane. The Beacon is located along Newforge Lane on the left hand side.
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Share this property
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you renting this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Boost It Back
Increase views of your property with a single boost back up the natural listings.
Option 2: Featured Listing
Get one Boost It Back every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 3: Premier Listing
Get an automatic Boost It Back every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »