Stone Cottage, West Town, Malin Head
3 Bed Cottage For Sale
This agent has listed the accuracy as: Quite Near
- Recently constructed cottage faced in stone
- Occupying one of the best sites in the region with panoramic views along the dramatic coastline
- A few minutes from the famous Five Finger Strand beach and from Irelands most northerly point
- Convenient to the picturesque village of Malin and the busy town of Carndonagh
- A contemporary country cottage with character and yet easy and economical to maintain
- Impressive lounge with breathtaking views, French doors to garden, vaulted ceiling , wood burning stove & mezzanine
- Spacious well fitted kitchen with dining area and views
- Two ground floor double bedrooms (one with ensuite) and family bathroom
- First floor mezzanine overlooking lounge and third double bedroom
- Oil fired central heating with link up from Wood burning stove, PVC double glazed window frames
- Gardens and patio area overlooking the coast
- Close to the renowned Ballyliffin Golf Club
- Excellent base for walking, cycling, watersports and horse riding
The Inishowen peninsula in Donegal with Malin Head at its tip is renowned as one of Irelands most scenic locations. It’s Convenience to Derry and the road to Belfast have long made it a favourite destination and over the years many people have chosen to live or have a holiday home in this beautiful part of Ireland. Stone Cottage occupies an elevated site just above the small harbour at Port Ronan. The site is one of the best in the area and enjoys breathtaking views along the coast and out to the islands. Sandy beaches, rugged cliffs, changing tides and fishing boats collecting the lobster pots are all within view. The cottage has been thoughtfully designed and offers deceptively spacious accommodation with the majority of the rooms enjoying views of the Atlantic. The generously proportioned rooms could easily accommodate gatherings of family and friends. Outside there is plenty of space in which to enjoy the fresh air. Malin Head is a dream location for those who enjoy the great outdoors. The nearby Ballyliffin Golf Club is world famous. There are numerous sandy beaches nearby and the flora and fauna is amazing. Dolphins and porpoises are regularly spotted and there have even been sightings of the basking shark in the sea near to Malin Head. In the village of Malin are a few small shops, the hotel and some friendly pubs while a few miles away Carndonagh has more amenities. This sale represents a unique opportunity to purchase an individual cottage in a breathtaking coastal location and yet still be onvenient to amenities.
PVC entrance door
Oak flooring, recessed cloaks spaces, under stairs storage and separate storage cupboard.
Living room – 24’0” x 16’2”
Breathtaking views, French doors to garden, impressive vaulted pine tongue and groove ceiling, large wood burning stove (linked to central heating) and slate hearth. Oak flooring.
Kitchen open plan to dining room – 24’0” x 14’0”
Oak shaker style kitchen units with polished granite work surfaces, inset sink with mixer tap, electric hob and under oven, plumbing for dishwasher and washing machine. Wall and floor tiling and door to outside. Large dining area with panoramic views
Bedroom 1 – 14’6” x 11’6”
Ensuite – White suite comprising large shower enclosure with Triton shower, pedestal wash hand basin and low flush toilet. Floor and wall tiling and extractor fan.
Bedroom 2 – 13’2” x 10’6”
White suite with chrome fittings comprising panelled corner bath with mixer tap and shower attachment, pedestal wash hand basin and low flush toilet. Floor and wall tiling and extractor fan.
Mezzanine – 13’6” x 12’2” (average)
Vaulted Pine tongue and groove ceiling with double glazed skylight and views. Recessed book shelves
Bedroom 3 – 12’8” x 11’8”
Pine tongue and groove ceiling, gable window and double glazed skylight and views. Recessed book shelves
Ample parking, gardens surround the property, patio area and outside lighting
Are you selling this property?
Find out how to make your property stand out more, increase your views and get twice the exposure as a standard listing!
- Get twice the exposure than a standard listing
- Attractive design with banner and additional photographs
- Get to the top of the search results (Featured only)
- Choose the Featured or Premium Option or both
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »