- Additional Information
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Magnificent Georgian Country House in a Beautiful Coastal Location, Lovingly Restored & Cared for, Retaining Much of the Original Character
- Generously Proportioned Family Accommodation Tastefully Presented Throughout
- Delightful Mature Gardens & Area Suitable for a Paddock/Views Over the Well Manicured Grounds towards St Johns Point Lighthouse, the Irish Sea & the Mourne Mountains
- Convenient to the Coastal Villages of Killough & Ardglass, Close to Downpatrick & Less than an Hour from Belfast
- 5 Reception Rooms Including a Large Library/Office with Panelling & Book Shelves
- Spacious Kitchen & Breakfast Room with Oil Fired Aga & Original Tiled Floor
- 7 Double Bedrooms & a Spacious Fitted Dressing Room/2 Bathrooms & a Modern Shower Room/Downstairs Cloakroom/First Floor Snooker Room with Staircase Leading Down to Storage Room
- Oil Fired Central Heating/Alarm System/Ample Outside Storage Including Double Length Garage & Generator House, Boiler House, Garden Store & Tack Room
- Potential for Part of House to be Converted to Self Contained Living Accommodation
- Close to Coastal Walks & St Johns Lighthouse, less than 30 Minutes from the Mountains of Mourne/Within Easy Reach of Ardglass & Royal County Down Golf Clubs, Sailing on Strangford Lough, Tyrella Beach
Additional InformationWe are delighted to offer for sale one of County Down's most impressive country houses set in beautiful grounds and in a stunning location.
St John's House dates back to the early part of the 19th century and retains much of its original character. It has a host of fine features including large sliding sash windows with panelled shutters, cornicing and fireplaces. Over the years it has been added to and impeccably maintained. A considerable amount of thought and expense has gone into the elegant presentation of the house which has a very homely atmosphere. The generous accommodation will appeal to a family and part of the property would lend itself to being divided off to form a self contained unit.
Outside the beautiful grounds have also been well maintained and complement the surrounding countryside. From the grounds there are views of the lighthouse, down to the sea and across to the Mountains of Mourne. The paddock to the rear will appeal to those with equestrian interests and one of the outbuildings could aslo be converted to stabling.
The property occupies a quiet and private location close to St John's Point Lighthouse and a few minutes from the attractive coastal villages of Killough and Ardglass. This part ot County Down is incredibly beautiful and has much to offer to those with outdoor interests. As well as coastal walk facilities for golf, sailing and horse riding are all within a few minutes. There are good primary schools close by and Downpatrick is less than 15 minutes away offering options for higher level education.
This important sale represents a unique opportunity to live in a stunning period home in a wonderful location. Viewing is strictly by appointment and is highly recommended.
- RECEPTION HALL:
- 5.33m x 3.81m (17' 6" x 12' 6")
Reclaimed pitch pine flooring, cornicing and window shutters.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 7.8m x 5.05m (25' 7" x 16' 7")
Antique fireplace surround with marble inset and opening for dog grate,cornicing, panelled shutters, window seats and reclaimed pitch pine flooring.
- LIVING ROOM:
- 7.32m x 5.05m (24' 0" x 16' 7")
Adam style fireplace surround with marble inset, slate hearth and wood burning stove, cornice ceiling, picture rail, panelled shutters, window seats and reclaimed pitch pine flooring.
- INNER HALLWAY:
- 6.76m x 3.81m (22' 2" x 12' 6")
Reclaimed pitch pine flooring, attractive staircase, cornicing and wall light points.
- 6.1m x 4.88m (20' 0" x 16' 0")
Mahogany panelling to walls, mahogany fireplace surround with marble inset and hearth and open fire, extensive range of bookshelves and built-in display cabinet with leaded glass panels, cornicing.
- SNUG/BOOT ROOM:
- REAR PORCH:
- Tiled floor and door to outside.
- Low flush wc and wash hand basin.
- BUTLERS PANTRY:
- REAR HALLWAY:
- DINING ROOM:
- 6.1m x 4.75m (20' 0" x 15' 7")
Adam style fireplace with marble inset and hearth with grate and canopy, picture rail, cornicing and window seat, panelled door to rear.
- BREAKFAST ROOM:
- 6.4m x 6.4m (21' 0" x 21' 0")
Quarry tiled floor, cream oil fired Aga, stable door to yard. Door to . . .
- TACK ROOM:
- 6.4m x 2.13m (21' 0" x 7' 0")
Stone floor, cupboards, shelving and hanging space for coats, door to outside.
- KITCHEN WITH CASUAL DINING AREA:
- 5.92m x 4.27m (19' 5" x 14' 0")
Good range of high and low level oak units with tiled work surfaces, inset single drainer stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, additional circular stainless sink unit, Bosch double oven and Neff hob with extractor fan above, Bosch dishwasher and housing for fridge and microwave, casual dining area with views over garden, paddock and the Mournes, built-in breakfast table, tiled floor. Glazed door to . . .
- UTILITY ROOM:
- 5.92m x 4.04m (19' 5" x 13' 3")
Double drainer stainless steel sink unit, built-in cupboards, plumbing for washing machine, tiled floor, door to storage room and glazed door to outside.
- STORAGE ROOM:
- 5.92m x 3.66m (19' 5" x 12' 0")
Secondary staircase leading to snooker room.
- IMPRESSIVE LANDING:
- Double glazed skylight.
- BEDROOM (1):
- 7.62m x 5.03m (25' 0" x 16' 6")
Panelled shutters, cornicing and ceiling rose, view to St Johns Point lighthouse.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 6.86m x 5.03m (22' 6" x 16' 6")
Panelled shutters, cornicing and ceiling roses, view over front garden.
- DRESSING ROOM:
- 4.06m x 3.53m (13' 4" x 11' 7")
Fitted with excellent range of built-in wardrobes with panelled doors, view of front garden.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 6.1m x 4.78m (20' 0" x 15' 8")
Feature arched window, pine tongue and groove ceiling with double glazed skylight, excellent range of pine built-in bedroom furniture comprising wardrobes and dressing table.
- BEDROOM (4):
- 6.25m x 4.78m (20' 6" x 15' 8")
Feature arched window, pine tongue and groove ceiling with double glazed skylight, exposed floor boards, sea views.
- BATHROOM (1):
- Traditional white suite comprising enamel bath with mixer tap and hand shower, vanity unit, low flush wc, tongue and groove panelling and linen cupboard.
- BATHROOM (2):
- Modern white suite comprising panelled bath iwth mixer tap and Mira electric shower, pedestal wash hand basin with mirrored cabinet above and low flush wc, black and white floor and tiling around bath, curved glass shower screen.
- REAR LANDING:
- BEDROOM (5):
- 6.25m x 4.06m (20' 6" x 13' 4")
Exposed floor boards, sea view.
- BEDROOM (6):
- 4.88m x 4.57m (16' 0" x 15' 0")
- BEDROOM (7):
- 4.57m x 4.17m (15' 0" x 13' 8")
Sea view, vanity unit.
- SHOWER ROOM:
- Contemporary white suite comprising large shower enclosure, vanity unit and low flush wc, chrome heated towel rail and marble effect wall and floor tiling, recessed spotlights and hotpress.
- SNOOKER ROOM:
- 10.59m x 5.79m (34' 9" x 19' 0")
Stairs down to storage room on ground floor.
- Impressive entrance pillars with wrought iron gates, sweeping gravel driveway and ample parking areas. Gardens in lawns, mature trees and shrubs and flower beds, paved patio areas, rear lawn could easily be fenced off to form a paddock, outside water taps and lighting.
- BOILER HOUSE/STORE:
- 6.02m x 5.84m (19' 9" x 19' 2")
Large up and over door, cobbled floor, oil tank, oil fired boiler.
- ADJOINING GARDEN STORE:
- DETACHED DOUBLE LENGTH GARAGE:
- 11.73m x 5.18m (38' 6" x 17' 0")
Remote controlled up and over door, light and power.
- GENERATOR HOUSE:
- Pterol generator.
Take Coast Road from Killough towards Tyrella at junction to St Johns Point, continue on Point Road to property.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Notes can only be seen by you and any pals you have added, they cannot be viewed by the vendor or estate agent.
How much will it cost?
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Boost It Back
Increase views of your property with a single boost back up the natural listings.
Option 2: Featured Listing
Get one Boost It Back every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 3: Premier Listing
Get an automatic Boost It Back every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »