- Additional Information
- Area Price Tracker
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- A fantastic beachfront property
- Located at the centre of Knockinelder bay, right on the highly regarded 8 acre Knockinelder beach
- Offering panoramic vistas to the Irish Sea, Quintan Castle and further to the Isle of Man
- Neighbouring to protected National Trust farm land and close to Kearney Village at Kearney Point
- Originally two stone Fisherman's cottages dating back to circa 1875
- Developed into one large detached cottage
- Direct beach access via privately owned slipway
- Four bedrooms, master with modern en suite
- Large lounge with feature stone fireplace
- Dining room with feature stone fireplace
- Kitchen breakfast room with uninterrupted beach and sea views
- Sun room with uninterrupted beach and sea views
- Shower room located on ground floor
- Attached garage ideal for storing a small leisure boat, or water sports equipment
- Gardens laid out in manicured lawns, extensive brick paved sun terrace providing stunning views across Knockinelder Bay and beyond
- Oil fired central heating system
- Substantially uPVC double glazed
- Two driveways holding plenty of off road parking for all the family
- Belfast City can be reached in less than an hour
- The busy shopping town of Newtownards is only 30 min away
- A very special property which needs to be viewed in person to absorb all there is on offer, and its fantastic position
- The property is Freehold
Additional InformationOffering for sale this unique opportunity to purchase this superb beachfront property for the first time in over 50 years. 'St Ives' 7 Kearney Road, Portaferry is believed to date back to around 1875 and originally comprised of two Fisherman's cottages. The subject property has been developed over the years to form one large detached cottage, commanding panoramic vistas over Knockinelder Bay with its 8 acre sandy beach and shallow pristine waters, and further across the Irish Sea toward the Isle of Man where the mountains are visible on a clear day, St Ives presents a very special piece of shorefront property on the open market today.
The subject property is ideally perched on the very edge of Knockinelder beach, in the centre of bay, and is surrounded by privately owned and protected National Trust farmland. There are beautiful views across to Quintan Castle and offers views to Tara Hill in the neighbouring Millin Bay, the National Trust village at Kearney is only a few minutes' drive away also.
The clear waters located in front of St Ives continually change reflecting weather conditions and offer an almost panoramic horizon of the water, bracing sea air, abundant wildlife including seal spotting and also provides direct access to the beach via its private slipway, and will therefore also be of interest to sailing, bathing, kayaking and wind surfing enthusiast's. This fantastic property would be the perfect spot to have as a full time residence or private second home to retreat to at the end of the working week.
Interest levels are expected to be high, to arrange your own private viewing appraisal please contact our Newtownards branch on 02891 800700.
- Stable style door with outside light to:
- ENTRANCE HALL:
- Polished laminate floor, wall light points.
- 5.87m x 4.55m (19' 3" x 14' 11")
Attractive stone fireplace, open fire with large basket, raised slate hearth with integrated bench seating, polished laminate floor, wall light points, exposed beams, two porthole windows, dual aspect, views to Knockinelder Beach, the Irish Sea and beyond.
- SUN ROOM:
- 3.56m x 2.08m (11' 8" x 6' 10")
Polished laminate floor, panoramic views to Knockinelder Beach, the Irish Sea, Quintan Castle and beyond.
- DINING ROOM:
- 4.67m x 3.89m (15' 4" x 12' 9")
Attractive stone fireplace and open fire, cast iron crane, floating sleeper mantle, polished laminate floor, wall light points, dual aspect views to Knockinelder Beach, the Irish Sea and beyond.
- DELUXE KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM:
- 9.09m x 2.16m (29' 10" x 7' 1")
Single drainer stainless steel sink unit with mixer taps, range of high and low level white units, Formica roll edge work surfaces, recess for cooker, larder cupboard, wall tiling, concealed lighting, ceramic tiled floor, concealed hotpress with copper cylinder and immersion heater, stable style door to rear. LED recessed spotlighting, uPVC double glazed French doors with wide side lights to rear extensive sun terrace, panoramic views to Knockinelder Beach, Quintan Bay, the Irish Sea and beyond.
- BEDROOM (4):
- 3.33m x 2.77m (10' 11" x 9' 1")
Polished laminate floor, wall light points, views to Knockinelder Beach and the Irish Sea.
- DELUXE SHOWER ROOM:
- White suite comprising: Large separate fully tiled shower cubicle, thermostatically controlled shower unit, vanity sink unit, low flush WC, extensive wall tiling, ceramic tiled floor, pine tongue and groove ceiling, recessed spotlighting.
- Concealed linen cupboard views to Knockinelder Beach, Quintin Castle and the Irish Sea.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 4.83m x 3.28m (15' 10" x 10' 9")
Large velux window, views over Knockinelder Beach, Quintan Bay, the Irish Sea and beyond. Access to Bedroom 1.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 4.44m x 3.68m (14' 7" x 12' 1")
At widest points. Built in robes, access to Eaves storage, views over Knockinelder Beach, Quintan Bay, the Irish Sea and beyond.
- BEDROOM (1):
- 5.41m x 3.33m (17' 9" x 10' 11")
At widest points. Dual aspect, built in robe, views over Knockinelder beach, Quintan Bay, the Irish Sea and beyond.
- DELUXE ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- Modern white suite comprising: Separate fully tiled shower cubicle with 'Mira' thermostatically controlled shower unit, vanity sink unit with mixer taps, push button WC, chrome towel radiator, fully tiled walls, ceramic tiled floor, extractor fan.
- ATTACHED GARAGE
- 6.73m x 5.44m (22' 1" x 17' 10")
Up and over door, light and power, concealed oil fired boiler (pressurised system), Formica roll edge work surfaces, plumbed for washing machine.
- SEPARATE WC:
- White suite comprising: pedestal wash hand basin, low flush WC.
- Additional driveway laid in Tobermore brick providing off road parking for an additional two vehicles or leisure boat, also offers access to private concrete slipway.
- Gardens to side of the dwelling laid out in large manicured lawns, garden perimeter wall, extensive Tobermore brick sun terrace all holding stunning panoramic views over Knockinelder Beach, Quintan Castle, the Irish Sea and beyond. Oil storage tank, outside lights, outside water tap, timber gates to both driveways.
Kearney Road is located between Cloughey and Portaferry
Area Price Tracker
Unless otherwise stated, all content in this section is copyright of PropertyPal 2019, and all rights are reserved. The contents of this section, ether in whole or in part, may not be reproduced, stored or transmitted without prior written permission from PropertyPal.
This section has been prepared by PropertyPal for general guidance on matters of interest only, and does not constitute professional advice. You should not act upon the information contained in this section without obtaining specific professional advice. No representation or warranty (express or implied) is given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this section.
It is a condition of PropertyPal allowing you free access to this section that you accept that PropertyPal, its clients, employees and agents do not accept or assume any liability, responsibility or duty of care for any consequences of you or anyone else acting, or refraining to act, in reliance on the information contained in this section or for any decision based on it.
Note: Data is compiled by PropertyPal using data from the official NI House Price Index publication, released by Land & Property Services in conjunction with the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency, and supplemented with data collected by PropertyPal. The NI House Price Index can be accessed here.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Notes can only be seen by you and any pals you have added, they cannot be viewed by the vendor or estate agent.
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Featured Listing
Get one boost to the top of the search results every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 2: Premier Listing
Get an automatic boost to the top of the search results every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »