- Additional Information
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- Springwell Lodge provides a unique opportunity to acquire a fantastic property
- The house is set on circa 4 acres, with tennis court, lawns and various entertaining patios
- Panoramic views across rolling countryside towards the County Antrim headlands and towards Scotland and the Mournes
- Impressive stone pillars and entrance gates leading to driveway
- Main house with bright accommodation extending to c. 10,000 sq. ft.
- Impressive entrance hallway with cloakroom and double height ceiling
- Large drawing room with built in bookcases and open fire
- Garden or entertaining room with glazed walls overlooking the amazing views with doors to patios
- Bespoke kitchen with full range of built in appliances open to casual dining and with glazed doors to patios
- Separate utility with additional storage, wine cooler and freezer
- Cinema room with built in storage and speakers
- Formal dining room
- Lower ground floor opens to large entertaining/games room with full sized snooker table and step down to further cinema area/conversation pit with fireplace
- doors to full gymnasium with access to patios
- First floor with master suite incorporating full dressing room, bathroom and vanity area
- 5 further bedrooms all with ensuite facilities
- Guest bathroom and cloakroom
- Annex with bedroom, shower room, living room and kitchen - ideal for granny flat/nanny/teenager
- Large double garage with two electric up and over doors
- Oil fired central heating, (partial underfloor heating), double glazing and Beam vacuum system
- Lands with rolling lawns, mature trees and full sized tennis court with fencing
- Many bright entertaining areas around the grounds including as raised deck/look out patio with amazing views
- Possible business opportunity for use as bed & breakfast venture (subject to necessary planning consents)
- Convenient to Bangor, Newtownards, Donaghadee, Belfast and The City Airport
Additional InformationSpringwell Lodge provides a unique opportunity to purchase a large family detached home set on circa 4 acres comprising of gardens, patios, a full sized tennis court, and a raised deck with panoramic views over rolling countryside towards the Irish Sea past the country Antrim headlands to Scotland and the Mournes to the rear.
Set between Donaghadee and Bangor, within easy reach of Newtownards, Belfast City Centre and within 1/2 hour of the City Airport, this property offers exceptional space with a fantastic range of entertainment, sporting and living areas for the family.
The accommodation of the main house extends to circa 10,000 sq ft, and is arranged over two and a half floors.
There are 6 bedrooms all with ensuite facilities plus additional rooms for a range of uses and a fitted study over the upper floor, the master suite has the finest quality fittings and ample space with panoramic views.
The reception areas are magnificent, there is an impressive entrance hall, a drawing room, sunroom / bar, fully fitted kitchen open to dining area and barbeque patio, a private TV room, formal dining room and a lower ground floor with games room, cinema and conversation pit and a full gymnasium.
Above the double garage there is a self contained annex with living room, kitchenette, bedroom and shower room – ideal for a live in nanny, an elderly relative or teenager.
Externally, there are impressive electric double entrance gates with intercom system leading to the driveway which in turn leads to the front parking and turning area.
The gardens sweep down to the full size tennis court and have ample lawns, patios, a raised deck and terraces - all with privacy and fantastic views.
It is rare to get an opportunity to purchase a property of this calibre and we recommend viewing without hesitation.
- Entrance pillars with wrought iron electrically operated gates into sweeping driveway with parking and turning space.
Cobbled area with wide sandstone steps leading up to double front storm door into:
- 3.12m x 1.68m (10' 3" x 5' 6")
Natural stone tiled floor, double opening storm doors, side panels, crescent fan light, corniced ceiling, glazed french doors with side panels and crescent fan light leading to:
- ENTRANCE HALL:
- 9.27m x 3.61m (30' 5" x 11' 10")
At widest points. Beautiful oak floor, corniced ceiling, hand painted wooden panelling to walls. Door to rear Hallway and door to storage cupboard. Plenty of hanging and storage space. Steps down to:
- DOUBLE HEIGHT LOWER ENTRANCE HALL:
- Overlooking first floor with door into:
- 2.31m x 1.5m (7' 7" x 4' 11")
With concealed cherry shoe racks, storage, hanging space. Stone tiled floor, rosewood corniced ceiling, low voltage lighting. Door into:
- Duravit low flush WC with concealed cistern, cherry panelled walls with natural stone worktops with inset sink and mixer taps over, extractor fan, low voltage lighting, glazed display cabinet, built in mirrors. Cherry corniced ceiling.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 9.35m x 6.35m (30' 8" x 20' 10")
Archway from Entrance Hall. Solid oak floor, coffered corniced ceiling, half panelled solid wooden hand painted walls, low voltage lighting, hand crafted bookshelves on either side of stone fireplace and hearth with open fire, wall light wiring. Beautiful room with glazed French doors with side panels and fan light leading to:
- GARDEN ROOM:
- 8.05m x 4.7m (26' 5" x 15' 5")
Solid oak floor. Glazed walls on each side overlooking green fields, tennis court, patio towards rolling countryside and Belfast Lough towards the County Antrim headlands, the Irish Sea and Scotland. Fitted bar with polished black granite top, open storage, fridge, beverage cooler, light and power. Sliding door to front patio and steps down to lower sunken courtyard garden. Glazed sliding patio door leading to garden.
- FORMAL DINING ROOM:
- 6.3m x 3.48m (20' 8" x 11' 5")
Detailed corniced ceiling, low voltage lighting, built in speakers.
- KITCHEN/LIVING/DINING ROOM:
- 8.74m x 5.97m (28' 8" x 19' 7")
Hand built solid wooden kitchen with range of built in units, drawers, glazed display units, curved hand crafted cabinets, corner cabinets, hand painted solid wooden finish with beautiful walnut island unit with polished granite work surfaces and a range of high specification built in appliances such as Miele oven warming drawer, coffee machine, Sub Zero fridge freezer, Miele combi microwave oven, stainless steel double Wolf oven with 4 ring gas hob plus French top and char boiler, concealed extractor fans over in recess with panelled walls. Double sinks with antique mixer taps and shower head rinser, Franke stainless steel sinks in granite work surfaces. Island unit with beautiful hand crafted curved cupboards, drawers and shelves, 2 Bosch dishwashers, double height ceiling, low voltage lighting, built in speakers. Solid stone floors. Steps up to:
Raised breakfast bar and half room divider with leather and walnut finishing. Large glazed casual dining area for up to 12-14 seater table and chairs, partly glazed roof, concertina doors with amazing views over countryside towards the Lough which open to feature sandstone patio.
- Feature barbecue area with sandstone patio, glazed wind breaks, private sunken courtyard garden ideal for morning sun. Evening barbecue area with natural brick outhouse with pitch roof with barbecue which has a large grill built in - ideal for all year round barbecuing again with amazing views, wired for outdoor sound system.
- REAR HALLWAY:
- Built in storage cupboard. Built in freezer and large fitted wine cave.
- UTILITY ROOM:
- 2.69m x 2.11m (8' 10" x 6' 11")
Plumbed for washing machine, space for dryer. Laundry chute. Work surfaces, stainless steel sink unit, natural stone floor, built in cupboards, drawers and shelves. Low voltage lighting, door to rear sunken courtyard.
- TELEVISION ROOM:
- 4.8m x 4.17m (15' 9" x 13' 8")
Coved ceiling, range of built in cupboards, glazed display units, stores, blackout blinds, wired for home cinema with surround sound and motorised cinema seating.
- Steps down from Entrance Hall to:
- LARGE ENTERTAINING ROOM:
- 9.58m x 9.27m (31' 5" x 30' 5")
Solid oak floor, half panelled wooden walls, full size snooker table with lights in centre of room. Two glazed french doors to side courtyard, steps down to:
- CONVERSATION/CINEMA PIT:
- Wood burning stove, beautiful natural Scrabo stone and rustic brick fireplace wall, fitted home cinema and built in cupboards in solid wood housing intelligence for the screens. Sound system. Glazed doors leading to:
- 8.05m x 4.9m (26' 5" x 16' 1")
Glazed windows all around. Sliding glazed door to sunken courtyard gardens.
- Stairwell from Entrance Hall to:
- HALF LANDING:
- Built in window seat overlooking amazing views over rolling countryside towards Belfast Lough. Staircase to First Floor.
- MASTER SUITE:
- 6.43m x 6.32m (21' 1" x 20' 9")
Beautifully designed master bedroom with silk wallpaper, panoramic views across fields. Meticulously designed solid walnut raised bedroom area with concealed television that raises from the bed base. Fitted headboard with concealed lighting, high quality joinery throughout with walnut and rosewood trimmed television cabinets and side cabinets. To the rear of the bed is a large fitted vanity area with solid walnut and rosewood fitted units with built in mirrored vanity area. Range of built in shelving, storage and lighting. Doorway to:
- LARGE DRESSING ROOM:
- 5.08m x 3.05m (16' 8" x 10' 0")
Full length and breadth built in walnut cupboards, wardrobes, drawers, fitted mirror, lights, full built in dressing room. Doorway to:
- MASTER BATHROOM:
- 3.73m x 2.84m (12' 3" x 9' 4")
Tiled floor, walk in wetroom style shower with drench shower head, telephone hand shower, concealed lighting, storage area, his and hers Duravit sinks with contemporary style taps in Corian work surfaces with Corian pull out drawers with walnut finish, chrome heated towel rail, low voltage lighting, large deep fill bath with centre taps positioned in front of picturesque window with views towards Belfast Lough and Scotland. Low voltage lighting. Bidet. Corian fitted surfaces, low voltage lighting. Air purification system, fitted speakers.
- 9.37m x 2.01m (30' 9" x 6' 7")
- LUGGAGE ROOM:
- 2.82m x 1.96m (9' 3" x 6' 5")
Plenty of space for storage. Please note this room is plumbed for an additional bathroom should this be required with a fitted extractor fan and low voltage lighting.
- STORE ROOM:
- 3.96m x 4.29m (13' 0" x 14' 1")
Panoramic views, coved ceiling, low voltage lighting.
- 4.47m x 2.92m (14' 8" x 9' 7")
Coved ceiling. Low voltage lighting. Double walk in Hotpress.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 4.27m x 2.9m (14' 0" x 9' 6")
Low voltage lighting. Views towards Scotland and countryside.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- 2.49m x 1.5m (8' 2" x 4' 11")
Fully tiled corner shower cubicle with instant heat shower, low flush WC, wash hand basin with storage underneath, concealed taps, ceramic tiled floor. Chrome heated towel rail, extractor fan.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 4.19m x 5.92m (13' 9" x 19' 5")
Double walk in wardrobes, views towards Scotland and countryside.
- WALK IN SHOWER ROOM:
- Wetroom style double shower with fully tiled walls, Drench style shower and telephone hand shower, low flush WC, wash hand basin with storage underneath, tiled walls, heated towel rail, ceramic tiled floor, low voltage lighting, extractor fan.
- HALF LANDING:
- BEDROOM (4):
- 4.22m x 5.74m (13' 10" x 18' 10")
Dormer window with incredible panoramic view.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- Fully tiled shower cubicle with instant heat shower, extractor fan, wash hand basin with mixer taps, low flush WC, tiled walls, ceramic tiled floor.
- SPARE BEDROOM:
- 6.25m x 3.45m (20' 6" x 11' 4")
Velux window and dormer window with beautiful views. Low voltage lighting.
- HOME OFFICE:
- 6.02m x 4.37m (19' 9" x 14' 4")
Bespoke built in range of fitted study furniture and concealed cupboards and drawers with solid cherry units, half panelled walls, glazed display cupboards. Desk area with solid granite top. Window overlooking fields to the Mournes and Scrabo Tower. Low voltage lighting.
- REAR HALLWAY:
- Rear staircase leads back towards entrance hall.
- GUEST SUITE:
- 4.88m x 5.89m (16' 0" x 19' 4")
Solid oak floor, double built in wardrobe, glazed French doors to front entrance steps with side panel.
- ENSUITE BATHROOM:
- 4.9m x 1.8m (16' 1" x 5' 11")
Deep fill oval bath with fitted taps, pedestal wash hand basin with mixer taps, low flush WC, heated towel rail, fully tiled walls and floor, fully tiled shower cubicle with instant heat shower, extractor fan. Door to:
- LIVING ROOM:
- 4.9m x 4.09m (16' 1" x 13' 5")
Solid oak floor. Natural brick fireplace with gas fired stove, slate hearth, wooden mantle, coved ceiling, beautiful views.
- LARGE DOUBLE GARAGE:
- 6.43m x 6.2m (21' 1" x 20' 4")
Two electrically operated up and over doors, oil fired central heating boiler. Beam vacuum system outlet, plenty of storage, light and power. Steps up side of garage to:
- GUEST SUITE OVER GARAGE:
- Stone steps with hand rail lead to side door.
- LIVING/KITCHEN/DINING ROOM:
- 5.36m x 6.78m (17' 7" x 22' 3")
L shaped room with kitchenette area with granite effect work surfaces with single drainer stainless steel sink with mixer taps, double ceramic hob, oven underneath, extractor fan, built in cupboards, panelled floor, fridge freezer. 1.5 height ceiling. Opening French doors with glazed balconette overlooking front forecourt gardens and tennis court towards Belfast Lough, the Irish Sea and Scotland.
- BEDROOM (1):
- Built in wardrobes, double velux window.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- Concealed low flush WC, wash hand basin with storage underneath, mixer taps, fully tiled walls with wetroom style drench shower and telephone hand shower, extractor fan, curved wall. Velux window.
- Accessed via Springwell Road there is a laneway towards 178 at the top of that laneway on the left hand side there are large double entrance pillars set off the road with wrought iron entrance gates leading to a curved driveway with granite and stone trim with lawns on either side and trees leading to a courtyard style front with steps leading down to rolling lawns.
There are approximately 4 acres in total in lawns and mature trees.
Stone pathway from courtyard round rolling lawns leading to a fully enclosed and fenced off wired tennis court. Green and red tennis court with net. Amazing views.
Steps up to lower courtyard style garden area.
Outhouses with storage.
Steps up from courtyard to pebbled pathway leading to flowerbeds to the rear of the Barbecue house near the Kitchen/Living/Dining room.
Cobbled viewing platform with fire pit and Scrabo stone surround. Steps down to decking area with railings and amazing panoramic views across fields to County Antrim Hills and Scotland.
Springwell Road, Bangor
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
How much will it cost?
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Boost It Back
Increase views of your property with a single boost back up the natural listings.
Option 2: Featured Listing
Get one Boost It Back every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 3: Premier Listing
Get an automatic Boost It Back every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »