- Additional Information
- Area Price Tracker
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- A stunning detached property set over three floors offering 2,400 sq. ft. of unique quality
- Secluded lakeside setting of approx 0.75 acres with truly beautiful gardens and grounds to enjoy
- Uninterrupted views of the Mourne Mountains, Dundrum Castle and beautiful countryside
- Superb open plan kitchen, living and dining room with a cast iron stove and a picture window
- Lounge with a feature fireplace with a wood stove and triple aspect windows
- Two upstairs bedrooms - both with fantastic built-in furniture
- Two lower ground floor bedrooms - one with an en-suite shower room
- Contemporary bathroom with lake views benefiting from a separate free-standing bath and shower
- Spacious landing areas on the top floor and lower ground floor ideal for office or study space
- Integral garage with light, power and an electric roller door with excellent shelving and storage
- Fitted solar panels netting approximately £1,000 plus per annum
- Oil fired central heating with a new condensing boiler and fully double glazed
- Extensive parking with plenty of space for a caravan or boat
- Beautifully landscaped gardens laid in lawn with a vast selection of mature plants & shrubs
- An abundance of vegetable patches, flower beds, patios and decked areas to enjoy on sunny days
- Scandinavian style log cabin in the garden with a large log store to the rear
- Recently built top quality Halls Magnum greenhouse full of tomato plants
- Kitchen opens to a patio with freshly laid Italian Porcelain tiles and stunning Mourne views
- Half a mile to Murlough nature Reserve with the Mourne Mountains & Tullymore close by
- Three miles from Newcastle with a selection of hotels, golf courses and restaurants
- Within walking distance to Dundrum and the outstanding Mourne Seafood Restaurant
Additional InformationShimna Lodge
This simply stunning detached property benefits from a unique lakeside setting and provides flexible and comfortable accommodation over three floors. This spacious home really has it all… 2,400 sq. ft. of warm and friendly space, special gardens with vegetable patches and a Scandinavian log cabin, along with breath-taking views over the Mourne Mountains and surrounding countryside from all angles that is sure to be enjoyed every day by the lucky purchasers. Better still, the environmentally friendly 4kw solar panel system amounts to electricity netting approximately £1,000 per annum.
The entrance level comprises an impressive entrance hall, a wonderful lounge with triple aspect windows providing wonderful views and a feature Italian marble fireplace with a wood stove, an open plan kitchen - living and dining room with a cast iron Stanley stove and integrated appliances, and a guest WC. Upstairs comprises two well-proportioned double bedrooms – both with excellent built-in storage and wardrobes, a contemporary bathroom with a picture window enjoyed from the separate free-standing bath and shower, and a spacious landing that currently acts as a study area. The lower ground floor comprises two bedrooms – one with a modern en-suite, an office area, a shelved pantry and an integral garage with excellent shelving and an electric roller door.
The property sits on a spacious site of approximately 0.75 of an acre that is both secluded and sheltered. There is extensive parking available with more than enough space to keep a caravan or boat. The beautiful gardens provide lots of areas to explore with plenty of lawn space that the children will be sure to enjoy as well as being landscaped with an extensive selection of flowers. For those with green fingers there are sure to enjoy the 14x8ft Halls Magnum greenhouse.
To arrange a viewing or for for further information please contact Michael Chandler Estate Agents on 02890 450 550.
- Reception Hall
- Lounge 25' 5'' x 13' 10'' (7.74m x 4.21m)
- Kitchen/Living/Dining Room 25' 4'' x 14' 5'' (7.72m x 4.39m)
- Bedroom 1 14' 4'' x 14' 1'' (4.37m x 4.29m)
- Bedroom 2 14' 0'' x 13' 10'' (4.26m x 4.21m)
- Bathroom 11' 7'' x 11' 0'' (3.53m x 3.35m)
- Study Area 13' 0'' x 11' 7'' (3.96m x 3.53m)
- Bedroom 3 14' 8'' x 13' 9'' (4.47m x 4.19m)
- En-suite Bathroom 9' 4'' x 6' 7'' (2.84m x 2.01m)
- Bedroom 4 11' 3'' x 11' 0'' (3.43m x 3.35m)
- Office 13' 1'' x 11' 2'' (3.98m x 3.40m)
- Integral Garage 24' 6'' x 13' 0'' (7.46m x 3.96m)
- Michael Chandler Estate Agents have endeavoured to prepare these sales particulars as accurately and reliably as possible for the guidance of intending purchasers or lessees. These particulars are given for general guidance only and do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller and agents do not give any warranty in relation to the property. We would recommend that all information contained in this brochure is verified by yourself or your professional advisors. Services, fittings and equipment referred to in the sales details have not been tested and no warranty is given to their condition, nor does it confirm their inclusion in the sale. All measurements contained within this brochure are approximate.
Area Price Tracker
Unless otherwise stated, all content in this section is copyright of PropertyPal 2019, and all rights are reserved. The contents of this section, ether in whole or in part, may not be reproduced, stored or transmitted without prior written permission from PropertyPal.
This section has been prepared by PropertyPal for general guidance on matters of interest only, and does not constitute professional advice. You should not act upon the information contained in this section without obtaining specific professional advice. No representation or warranty (express or implied) is given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this section.
It is a condition of PropertyPal allowing you free access to this section that you accept that PropertyPal, its clients, employees and agents do not accept or assume any liability, responsibility or duty of care for any consequences of you or anyone else acting, or refraining to act, in reliance on the information contained in this section or for any decision based on it.
Note: Data is compiled by PropertyPal using data from the official NI House Price Index publication, released by Land & Property Services in conjunction with the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency, and supplemented with data collected by PropertyPal. The NI House Price Index can be accessed here.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Notes can only be seen by you and any pals you have added, they cannot be viewed by the vendor or estate agent.
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Featured Listing
Get one boost to the top of the search results every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 2: Premier Listing
Get an automatic boost to the top of the search results every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »