- Additional Information
- Contact the Agent
Welcome to Shaw’s Wood, a development of picture perfect village homes in Cullybackey, outside Ballymena.
The development is designed in continuity with the charm of its surroundings, and this can be seen in elegant touches throughout the considered architecture - with each layout maximising living space and light. The exterior elevations flow naturally throughout the site, with every house type combining a soft red brick with ivory render providing a contemporary architectural twist to these elegant 2, 3 and 4 bedroom homes. Whereas the design is inspired by the heritage of the village, the build quality is inherently modern using timber framed construction to deliver the most environmentally sustainable, highest quality, energy efficient homes.
Shaw’s Wood is located off Tobar Park and within an area that is surprisingly self-contained with local amenities including a train station, shops and schools (nursery through to secondary level), all under a mile from your front door. Cullybackey train station enjoys direct routes north to Derry~Londonderry and south to Belfast City Centre.
The vibrant village street with its coffee houses, a bakery and grocery stores, is just a few minutes away by car, or via a quaint pedestrian pathway next to the development. For those who enjoy the great outdoors, there is Tobar Park across the road with a superb children’s play area and open parkland. Or walk the beautiful Maine riverside walkway that meanders for two miles from the village to the world-class Galgorm Resort and Spa.
The area offers a quiet and close-knit lifestyle, yet residents need not compromise on convenience. The bustling town of Ballymena lies three miles to the east and benefits from a compact town centre with popular high street brands, supermarkets (M&S, Tesco and Sainsbury’s), shopping malls, restaurants and leisure centres.
Additional schooling options are also available here, including the recently refurbished Northern Regional College campus with a variety of further and higher education options. Commuters can conveniently join a wide-reaching commuter network including the M2 motorway and a comprehensive bus/rail network.
- Highly energy efficient homes
- Timber framed construction
- Gas high efficiency boiler with thermostatically controlled radiators
- Painted panelled internal doors with chrome door mongery
- Internal walls, woodwork, ceilings painted throughout
- Choice of carpet from range with underlay to lounge, stairs, landing and bedrooms (Living area, bedrooms to apartments and internal hall to first floor apartments)
- Choice of wall mounted electric fire from range (upgrade to gas fire available at additional cost)
- Extensive electrical specification to include USB charging points and prewire for burglar alarm, BT and Sky plus
- Mains supply smoke, heat and carbon monoxide detectors
- 10 year Structural defect insurance from Global Home Warranties Ltd
- Choice of soft closing doors and drawers, handles, worktop and matching upstand to kitchen and utility area (as applicable)
- Appliances to include electric hob (upgrade to gas hob at additional cost), extractor hood, oven, integrated fridge freezer and washing machine (Washer drier to apartments only)
Bathroom, Ensuite & WC
- Contemporary white sanitary ware
- Thermostatically controlled bath/shower mixer and screen
- Thermostatically controlled shower to shower cubicles
- Heated towel rails to bathroom and ensuite
- Soft close toilet seat and cover
- Choice of floor tiling from range to hall, kitchen/Dining areas, utility, WC, Bathroom & Ensuite (as applicable, ground floor entrance lobby of first floor apartments and entrance hall of ground floor apartments)
- Choice of wall tiling from range
- Splash back tiling to WC basin, ensuite basin and bathroom basin
- Fully tiled shower cubicles and shower enclosure area to bath
- Splash back tiling to bath area (Ford type only)
- Stylish traditional brick with rendered features and reconstituted granite effect door surrounds
- Composite front and rear doors
- UPVC guttering and down pipes
- UPVC windows
- Front gardens turfed, rear gardens sown out (Apartments will benefit from a rear garden)
- Bitmac parking areas and driveways
- Complementary communal landscaping
- Front and rear external lighting
- Outside water tap (Houses only)
- Patio area and paved access paths
- Close boarded timber fencing to boundaries with parkland fencing to selected areas
- A management company will established to cover maintenance and upkeep of communal areas