- Additional Information
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- Unique Detached Home by Award Winning Architects
- Environmental Friendly Home
- Geothermal Heating
- HI Tech Insulation
- All rooms fitted with smoke alarm
- Over 10 Acres Of Private & Secluded Lands
- Large Tractor Shed
- 100 Sq Mtr Patio
- Beautifully Presented
- Stunning Internal & External Fininsh
- Two Storey Garage With Potential For Self Contained Apartment Above
This unique property by award winning architects McGarry Moon, combines style and comfort with minimal environmental impact, scoring in the 90's for both fuel efficiency and environmental friendliness. The living roof provides both insulation and disguise, while creating a habitat enjoyed by many species. The partnership of hi-tech insulation, geothermal heating, solar panels and photovoltaic panels means that the annual cost of heating, of hot water, and of lighting is negligible. Usually costing less per annum than the winter fuel allowance of a single pensioner. The spectacular design is purely functional, soaking up the infra-red rays of the low winter sun and converting them into heat. While later in the year, shading the interior from the worst of the summer sun. The Native Broadleaf woodland uses up so much carbon each year that it wipes out the carbon footprint of not just the owners and their entire extended family but probably most of their ancestors as well!
The ground floor living accommodation and the internal balcony enjoy uninterrupted views across the Bann valley. The Sperrin Mountains can be seen from Glenshane in the south, to Binevenagh in the North.
- 1.78m x 1.85m (5' 10" x 6' 1")
with glazed entrance door and matching glazed side panel, floor to ceiling window, tiled floor, recessed lighting.
- Entrance Hall:
- 1.67m x 6.41m (5' 6" x 21' 0")
with full length glazed window, tiled floor, mains powered smoke alarm, dual open square archways to Kitchen & Dining Area.
- Cloaks Cupboard:
- with low flush WC, pedestal wash hand basin, tiled floor.
- Living Room:
- 4.64m x 5.55m (15' 3" x 18' 3")
open plan from Kitchen & Dining area (separated by staircase), with feature wood burning stove, built in display shelving with recessed lighting, sliding full length doors to patio area, tiled floor, TV and telephone points.
- 3.42m x 5.32m (11' 3" x 17' 5")
open from Kitchen area, with recessed lighting, sliding full length doors, overlooked by sitting area above divided by glazed panels.
- 1.78m x 4.34m (5' 10" x 14' 3")
with eye and low level ivory high gloss modern units, polished granite work surfaces, centre island with polished granite work top, saucepan banks, bowl and a half stainless steel sink unit, integrated dishwasher, space for gas hob, integrated extractor, tiled floor, recessed lighting.
- Utility Area:
- 2.3m x 4.34m (7' 7" x 14' 3")
with eye and low level ivory units, plumbing and space for American style fridge freezer, single drainer stainless steel sink unit, plumbed for automatic washing machine, tiled floor.
- Walk In Cold Room:
- 1.07m x 4.01m (3' 6" x 13' 2")
insulated walls and door, marbled shelves and wired for refrigeration unit, tiled floor.
- Bedroom (2):
- 2.99m x 4.26m (9' 10" x 14' 0")
with quadruple sliding robes, solid wooden flooring, floor to ceiling feature windows, TV and telephone point, recessed lighting.
Ensuite Wetroom: comprising; low flush WC, rainwater shower with thermostatic shower fitting, fully tiled walls, tiled floor, extractor fan, pedestal wash hand basin, feature stained glass window.
- with feature stained glass window, solid wooden flooring.
- Sitting Area:
- 3.1m x 4.5m (10' 2" x 14' 9")
overlooking open plan Kitchen & Dining area, balcony with glazed panels, recessed lighting, views over countryside.
- Master Bedroom:
- 3.1m x 4.95m (10' 2" x 16' 3")
with solid wooden flooring, floor to ceiling windows, recessed lighting, TV point.
Walk in Wardrobe, shelved and hanging space on three walls, solid wooden flooring, recessed lighting.
Ensuite Bathroom: with modern freestanding bath, shower fitting over, feature corner full length window with views over countryside, fully tiled walk in shower cubicle with thermostatic shower fitting, wash hand basin in vanity unit, storage and shaver point.
- Bedroom (3):
- 2.99m x 3.9m (9' 10" x 12' 10")
with feature window.
Ensuite: with fully tiled walk in shower cubicle with thermostatic shower fitting, low flush WC, pedestal wash hand basin, tiled floor, shaver point.
- Two Storey Garage:
- with void overhead, currently used as a gym with potential for self contained apartment.
- There are over 10 acres of land. It is totally self contained and surrounded by mature hedges which make it very private and secluded. There have been no pesticides, herbicides, or artificial manures used here for years so the whole place is a haven for the many varieties of insects, birds, and animals that make their home here. The bulk of the land is managed as evolving wild flower meadow, but could easily be reverted to agricultural or equine grazing.
The two main fields are bordered on three sides by an approc 30mtr deep plantation of native broad leaf trees along with a few dozen Scots pine. There were more than 6,000 trees planted in 2008 many of which are now over 3mtr tall. So many have been planted since then that we have lost count of how many there actually are. A grassy path meanders through the plantation from clearing to clearing. The first and smallest of the clearings has a perfect tall oak in the centre. The next on the border between the woodland and the upper meadow is elevated above the surrounding land and has uninterrupted views of the Sperrin Mountains to the South and West. At the furthest remove from the dwelling house the third clearing sits at the foot of an ancient bronze age fort. Finally the largest of the clearings, earmarked for a small lake or large pond, has an old stone-lined well. In order to make it safe and improve the water quality, the well has been roofed over and built up with the same stone that was used to build the house.
- Three wide sliding doors open directly onto the 100Sq Mtr. walled Patio which incorporates flower beds and a permanent wood-fired Pizza oven. The high north wall of the patio echoes the line of the main house and creates a sheltered private sun trap. Steps from the patio go down to a terraced lawn that leads from the house to the main garden. The main garden has an orchard, four paddocks or enclosures, a potting shed with water supply, a large greenhouse and an apiary designed to hold up to six honeybee hives. The vegetable beds are no longer used but could be easily revived. There is also a large tractor shed and an insulated two story double garage. In the garage is a toilet and a sink, there is a sturdy work bench along one wall and it has a good provision of power points on all sides. The void above the garage is floored and has a south facing window the full length of one wall. It is currently used as a gym and for storage but it was designed to be fitted out as a 49 Sq. mtr self-contained apparent.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
How much will it cost?
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Boost It Back
Increase views of your property with a single boost back up the natural listings.
Option 2: Featured Listing
Get one Boost It Back every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 3: Premier Listing
Get an automatic Boost It Back every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »