- Additional Information
- Area Price Tracker
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- A charming period property close to sea and coastal walks
- Drawing room, dining room with gas fire, family snug and sun lounge
- Four well proportioned bedrooms
- Bathroom and separate shower room
- Extensively equipped kitchen with Aga range, Fisher Paykel American fridge freezer, Fisher Paykel stainless steel double drawer dishwasher
- Gas fired central heating and Upvc double glazed window frames, Alarm system
- Mature gardens with summerhouse, greenhouse and double garage
- Two minutes walk from the coastal path
- Prestigious residential setting
- A beautifully presented family home
Additional InformationThis handsome detached residence is situated in one of Bangor West's most prestigious locations, two minutes from the seafront and coastal path with views of Strictlands Glen and Carnalea golf course from various rooms. Well established and mature gardens provide the perfect backdrop for this home of distinction.
Of classic design the accommodation centres around a charming panelled reception hall with formal drawing and dining rooms complimented by a family snug and wonderful sun lounge. A well equipped kitchen incorporates a casual dining area and an adjacent utility area could be incorporated for those who want a larger live-in facility. The four bedrooms are serviced by a contemporary refitted shower room and second bathroom. A generous roofspace area could be converted to further spectacular bedroom, playroom or office space. Built in the 1930's the property has been beautifully maintained both inside and out with many period features. Externally gardens surround the property with a selection of areas in which to relax including the summerhouse with decked approach and private paved patio. A greenhouse and double garage with store complete the outdoor facilities.
Bangor West has long been a residential address of choice with easy access to the town centre and Belfast by road and rail.
An imposing family home in a very sought after location.
- ENTRANCE PORCH:
- Front door, terazzo tiled floor, oak vestibule door with leaded light panels.
- RECEPTION HALL:
- Herringbone oak woodblock floor, oak panelled walls, plate rack, moulded cornice and frieze.
- White suite comprising vanitory unit, low flush wc, solid oak flooring.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 5.94m x 4.11m (19' 6" x 13' 6")
Into side bays. Leaded light windows, cornice, hole in the wall fireplace with cast iron Aga wood burning stove, solid oak flooring.
- DINING ROOM:
- 4.72m x 4.72m (15' 6" x 15' 6")
Into semi-circular bay. Tiled fireplace and hearth with mahagony mantle, gas fire, china press, cornice, leaded light windows, solid oak flooring.
- FAMILY ROOM/STUDY:
- 3.43m x 3.05m (11' 3" x 10' 0")
Oak flooring, cornice, glazed door to:-
- SUN LOUNGE:
- 4.65m x 4.72m (15' 3" x 15' 6")
Double glazed pvc oak door, two doors to garden and raised decked area.
- 5.41m x 3.51m (17' 9" x 11' 6")
One and a half bowl single drainer stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap and range of high and low level country style units, granite work surfaces. Gas fired Aga, Neff ceramic twin hob/fryer, integrated dishwasher, Fisher Paykel stainless steel American style fridge/freezer, Fisher Paykel stainless steel double drawer dishwasher, built-in AEG stainless steel microwave/multifunction oven, breakfast area, servants bell, large walk-in pantry, ceramic tiled floor.
- UTILITY ROOM:
- 3.51m x 3.43m (11' 6" x 11' 3")
Belfast sink with range of high and low level oak units, plumbed for washing machine and piped for tumble dryer, part tiled walls, ceramic tiled floor.
- SEPARATE WC:
- With boiler room and store with ceramic tiled floor.
- Oak staircase to:-
- SPACIOUS LANDING:
- With views of the golf course and beyond to the sea.
- BEDROOM (1):
- 4.98m x 3.35m (16' 4" x 11' 0")
Cornice ceiling, built-in single robe, sea views.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 4.57m x 3.58m (15' 0" x 11' 9")
- BEDROOM (3):
- 4.19m x 3.58m (13' 9" x 11' 9")
Built-in sliding wardrobe, cornice ceiling.
- BEDROOM (4):
- 3.35m x 2.44m (11' 0" x 8' 0")
- SHOWER ROOM:
- with dressing area fitted with built-in sliding mirror fronted robes. White suite comprising fully tiled shower cubicle with low flush wc, vanitory unit, low voltage lighting, cornice ceiling, ceramic tiled floor.
- Coloured suite comprising panelled bath with telephone hand shower and mixer tap, fully tiled shower cubicle, vanitory unit, pine strip ceiling, downlighting, walk-in hotpress with copper cylinder.
- SEPARATE MATCHING LOW FLUSH WC
- Retractable staircase to:-
- Floored, energy efficient spotlights and heating. Ideal for play area with access to eaves storage, spectacular sea views from dormer window.
- DETACHED GARAGE:
- 10.06m x 3.28m (33' 0" x 10' 9")
Up and over door, service door, light and power.
- Double entrance gates to front, tarmac driveway with ample car parking. Mature gardens with hedging and ornamental paved patio, water feature, lighting, flowerbeds and shrubs.
Potting shed, greenhouse, decked area, ornamental paved patios.
- SUMMER HOUSE:
- 2.97m x 2.29m (9' 9" x 7' 6")
Electric light and power.
Downshire Road is off Maxwell Road, Bangor.
Area Price Tracker
Unless otherwise stated, all content in this section is copyright of PropertyPal 2019, and all rights are reserved. The contents of this section, ether in whole or in part, may not be reproduced, stored or transmitted without prior written permission from PropertyPal.
This section has been prepared by PropertyPal for general guidance on matters of interest only, and does not constitute professional advice. You should not act upon the information contained in this section without obtaining specific professional advice. No representation or warranty (express or implied) is given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this section.
It is a condition of PropertyPal allowing you free access to this section that you accept that PropertyPal, its clients, employees and agents do not accept or assume any liability, responsibility or duty of care for any consequences of you or anyone else acting, or refraining to act, in reliance on the information contained in this section or for any decision based on it.
Note: Data is compiled by PropertyPal using data from the official NI House Price Index publication, released by Land & Property Services in conjunction with the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency, and supplemented with data collected by PropertyPal. The NI House Price Index can be accessed here.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Notes can only be seen by you and any pals you have added, they cannot be viewed by the vendor or estate agent.
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Featured Listing
Get one boost to the top of the search results every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 2: Premier Listing
Get an automatic boost to the top of the search results every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »