- Additional Information
- Area Price Tracker
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- THE FACTS YOU NEED TO KNOW...
- Six bedrooms, three reception rooms
- Handsome and substantial period home c.1880
- Beautifully decorated and presented throughout
- Extended to include large, open plan living/dining/kitchen with vaulted ceiling, Aga and wall to wall bifold doors to terrace and garden
- Double glazed windows
- Zoned oil fired central heating
- Large mature garden and all weather tennis court c.0.8 acres
- Located on a private lane off Kathleen Avenue
- Lovely location within walking distance of Helen's Bay beach, coastal path and Country Park
- Easy commuting to Belfast via road or rail
- Meticulously well maintained
Additional InformationTHE AGENTS PERSPECTIVE...
This is a handsome and substantial period home c.1880 which is approached by a private lane off popular Kathleen Avenue. Set off by mature gardens and incorporating an all weather tennis court, this beautiful home has everything a family could wish for, inside and out.
Many of the original features have been retained and enhanced with modern facilities and additions including a stunning open plan living/dining/kitchen which has a vaulted ceiling with exposed beams and opens via wall to wall bifold doors onto the terrace and garden.
In all there are six bedrooms (or five plus study/home office) supported by cloakroom, two bathrooms and a shower room.
With Helen's Bay beach and Country Park close by and easy road and rail links to Belfast this is a most appealing home.
- Solid front door to:
- RECEPTION HALL:
- Mosaic tiled floor and exposed varnished timber flooring.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 8.92m x 4.52m (29' 3" x 14' 10")
Feature fireplace, carved hardwood surround, cornice ceiling, picture rail, windows on three sides with views into garden.
- DINING ROOM:
- 6.17m x 4.52m (20' 3" x 14' 10")
Feature fireplace, cast iron multi fuel stove, slate hearth, painted surround, cornice ceiling, exposed vaulted timber floor.
- REAR HALLWAY:
- Tiled floor.
- High flush wc, vanity unit wash hand basin, tiled floor, shutters, painted tongue and groove panelled walls and ceiling, recessed lighting.
- BOOT ROOM/CLOAKS HANGING SPACE
- Tiled floor.
- 5.03m x 3.66m (16' 6" x 12' 0")
Extensive range of painted shaker style high and low level cupboards, polished granite worktops and centre island with Belfast sink, Aga oil fired range, limestone tiled floor. Open to:
- SUPERB CASUAL DINING AND SITTING AREA
- 8.31m x 5.79m (27' 3" x 19' 0")
Underfloor heating, vaulted ceiling, exposed hardwood beams and iron cross ties, double glazed atrium, bifold wall to wall doors to patio and garden, oak flooring.
- LARGE UTILITY ROOM
- 4.22m x 3.96m (13' 10" x 13' 0")
Extensive range of shaker style cupboards, laminate worktops, Belfast sink, vaulted ceiling, recessed lighting, four double glazed Velux windows, ceramic tiled floor, double hardwood arched doors to outside.
- Staircase with painted spindles and hardwood handrail to:
- SPACIOUS BRIGHT LANDING
- MAIN BEDROOM
- 5.11m x 4.52m (16' 9" x 14' 10")
Double aspect, views over gardens, painted decorative fireplace with tiled inset.
- ENSUITE BATHROOM:
- 4.52m x 3.35m (14' 10" x 11' 0")
Oval free standing bath, low flush wc, vanity units wash hand basin, tiled walls, fully tiled shower cubicle, tiled floor, window shutters, feature painted decorative fireplace, recessed lighting, extractor fan, door from landing also.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 5.87m x 4.27m (19' 3" x 14' 0")
Exposed varnished timber floor, decorative painted fireplace.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 4.57m x 3.73m (15' 0" x 12' 3")
- SHOWER ROOM:
- Large fully tiled shower cubicle with drench shower, pedestal wash hand basin, mosaic tiled floor with fish design, half timber panelled walls, recessed lighting. Separate low flush wc, mosaic tiled floor, recessed lighting.
- SPACIOUS BRIGHT LANDING
- Large walk-in hotpress with Megaflow tank. Double glazed Velux window to:
- BEDROOM (4):
- 5.87m x 4.52m (19' 3" x 14' 10")
Views of Belfast Lough out to Irish Sea. Exposed varnished timber floor, painted decorative fireplace.
- BEDROOM (5):
- 4.95m x 4.57m (16' 3" x 15' 0")
Views of Belfast Lough out to the Irish Sea. Exposed varnished timber floor, painted decorative fireplace, double aspect.
- BEDROOM (6):
- 4.52m x 3.43m (14' 10" x 11' 3")
Decorative painted fireplace, exposed varnished timber floor. Double glazed Velux and gable window.
- BATHROOM (2)
- 4.52m x 2.36m (14' 10" x 7' 9")
Free standing ball and claw feet roll top bath, pedestal wash hand basin, low flush wc, towel radiator, recessed lighting, extractor fan, large tiled shower cubicle drench shower, tiled floor.
- Large barbecue area/terrace with glazed panels and stainless steel handrail, recessed lighting.
- Tarmac driveway and parking space for several cars. Double hardwood gates to shared courtyard and doors to utility room, boiler house oil fired central heating boiler.
- Mature gardens in lawns, hedges, mature trees. All weather tennis court.
- Space for double garage if required (subject to planning which had previously been granted under ref W/2011/0072/F. Now expired).
First laneway off Kathleen Avenue coming from Bridge Road end.
Area Price Tracker
Unless otherwise stated, all content in this section is copyright of PropertyPal 2019, and all rights are reserved. The contents of this section, ether in whole or in part, may not be reproduced, stored or transmitted without prior written permission from PropertyPal.
This section has been prepared by PropertyPal for general guidance on matters of interest only, and does not constitute professional advice. You should not act upon the information contained in this section without obtaining specific professional advice. No representation or warranty (express or implied) is given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this section.
It is a condition of PropertyPal allowing you free access to this section that you accept that PropertyPal, its clients, employees and agents do not accept or assume any liability, responsibility or duty of care for any consequences of you or anyone else acting, or refraining to act, in reliance on the information contained in this section or for any decision based on it.
Note: Data is compiled by PropertyPal using data from the official NI House Price Index publication, released by Land & Property Services in conjunction with the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency, and supplemented with data collected by PropertyPal. The NI House Price Index can be accessed here.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Notes can only be seen by you and any pals you have added, they cannot be viewed by the vendor or estate agent.
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Featured Listing
Get one boost to the top of the search results every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 2: Premier Listing
Get an automatic boost to the top of the search results every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »