This agent has listed the accuracy as: Quite Near
- Exquisite Porter's Gate Lodge designed by renowned Architect & Civil Engineer Sir Charles Lanyon
- Enchanting and deceptively spacious gothic style victorian cottage, dated from 1877
- Glorious leaded glass and stained glass windows throughout
- Lounge with delightful leaded glass bay window
- Kitchen with fitted units
- Recently fitted modern white bathroom suite
- Bedroom with impressive stained glass windows providing access to study/dressing room
- Charming 'hidden' spiral staircase, with gothic windows
- Garden area to front, laid in lawn with mature hedging
- Situated on the highly sought after and bustling Lisburn Road
- Excellent public transport networks and within easy walking distance of Belfast City Centre. The Motorway network is a few minutes drive
- Extensive array of shopping facilities and an eclectic mix of restaurants, wine bars, delis and coffee shops.
- Provisional car parking secured
- Grade B Listed (HB26/28/024) Historic and Architectural Interest
Additional InformationWe are pleased to present a most rare and unique opportunity to purchase the 'Porter's Lodge', an enchanting chocolate box cottage and the only college building designed by renowned Architect and Civil Engineer Sir Charles Lanyon.
Sir Charles Lanyon designed many of Belfast's architectural highlights such as Queens University Belfast, Belfast Castle, Custom House and the Palm House, Botanic Gardens, Belfast to name a few.
The 'Porter's Lodge' is a exquisite example of a beautiful Victorian cottage, in Gothic style and dates from 1877. Grade B listed, the property is deceptively spacious and offers a spacious lounge with delightful feature bay window, including leaded glass. Stepping from the entrance hall down into the kitchen the property boasts a hidden staircase which leads to the first floor. The first floor provides a spacious double bedroom with glorious original stained glass windows and access through to a further room with gothic style window, suitable as spacious study or dressing room. Brimming with character and charm the property also boasts a modern bathroom suite on the ground floor. A garden laid in lawn, surrounded by mature hedging, provides intimacy and privacy while simultaneously enjoying a prime central location.
Located in the heart of South Belfast, the exquisite Porter's Lodge fronts the highly sought after Lisburn Road which boasts an extensive array of shopping facilities including boutiques, art & antique galleries, beauty salons, home interior shops and an eclectic mix of restaurants, wine bars, delis and coffee shops.
The location of Porter's Lodge benefits from excellent public transport networks and is within easy walking distance of Belfast City Centre. The Motorway network is a few minutes drive.
Additionally, we are pleased to provide preliminary approved car parking to the front of the Porter's Lodge, while planning application is made by purchasers to obtain long term parking provision within the boundary lines of the property.
- ENTRANCE HALL:
- 3.86m x 3.63m (12' 8" x 11' 11")
- 4.5m x 3.02m (14' 9" x 9' 11")
Full range of high and low level units, single drainer stainless steel sink unit, plumbed for washing machine, understair storage. Access to staircase leading to first floor.
- Modern suite, panelled bath with shower above, low flush wc, wash hand basin with vanity unit, fully tiled walls, fully tiled floor.
- REAR HALLWAY:
- Fully tiled floor
- Unique spiral stairwell with original feature gothic window.
- BEDROOM (1):
- 4.55m x 3.56m (14' 11" x 11' 8")
Two impressive stained glass windows, built in storage. Access through to raised:
- DRESSING ROOM/STUDY:
- Additional room suitable for study, dressing room etc. Captivating gothic style window to front.
- Private garden to front laid in lawn with mature hedging.
Lisburn Road end of College Gardens
99th Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Find out how to make your property stand out more, increase your views and get twice the exposure as a standard listing!
- Get twice the exposure than a standard listing
- Attractive design with banner and additional photographs
- Get to the top of the search results (Featured only)
- Choose the Featured or Premium Option or both
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »