- Additional Information
- Area Price Tracker
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- THE FACTS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Four bedrooms, two reception rooms (or three bedrooms, three reception rooms)
- Stunning home with equally stunning outlook and surroundings
- Front line, Lough edge position with magnificent views
- Modern bathroom, ensuite and shower room
- Attractive open plan kitchen/dining with oil fired Aga range
- Separate utility room
- Located in a Marine Conservation Zone with a host of birds and wildlife on the doorstep
- Timber double glazing
- Oil fired central heating
- ALSO OF INTEREST:
- Beautifully decorated and presented
- Perfect retreat from 'hum drum' city life but only 35 minutes from Newtownards and 1 hour from Belfast
- Flexible interior layout to suit most needs
- Bright modern interior with views from most rooms
- Three car detached garage with remote electric door
- Mature gardens also with space for lawn tennis court
- Timber summer house and excellent viewing deck/sun terrace both with dramatic Lough Views
- For interesting details about the Strangford area click www.travel-ireland.com/strangford/
Additional InformationThe Agents Perspective:
"Strangford Lough is world renowned for its outstanding natural beauty and is protected as a Marine Conservation Area. 'Oyster Shell Cottage' is perfectly placed to take full advantage of this superb location. The house has a bright modern interior which is orientated to capture views from most rooms.
A simply delightful home in an equally delightful setting."
- Painted sheeted half stable front door.
- ENTRANCE HALL:
- Terracotta tiled floor.
- Hanging space.
- SPACIOUS BRIGHT LIVING ROOM:
- 8.76m x 3.96m (28' 9" x 13' 0")
Feature Morso hole in wall log fire, slate hearth. Recess lighting. Magnificent uninterrupted Lough views.
- KITCHEN AND DINING:
- 8.61m x 3.51m (28' 3" x 11' 6")
Excellent range of oak high and low level cupboards, granite worktops, concealed lighting, white Aga oil fired range. Inset composite sink unit with mixer taps. Miele stainless steel high level oven and microwave. Space for dining table and chairs. Recessed lighting. Part tiled walls. Terracotta tiled floor.
- UTILITY ROOM:
- 3.81m x 2.13m (12' 6" x 7' 0")
Laminate worktops, stainless steel sink unit, plumbed for washing machine. Space for freezer. Warmflow oil fired central heating boiler. Louvre door to hotpress lagged copper cylinder with Willis water heater.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 6.02m x 3.2m (19' 9" x 10' 6")
Double built in wardrobes and walk in wardrobe.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- 2.44m x 2.36m (8' 0" x 7' 9")
Fully tiled shower cubicle with Aqualisa thermostatically controlled shower. Low flush wc. Vanity unit wash hand basin with mixer taps. Extractor fan. Tiled floor. Towel radiator.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 3.66m x 3.66m (12' 0" x 12' 0")
- BEDROOM (4) OR OFFICE:
- 3.28m x 2.51m (10' 9" x 8' 3")
Built in wardrobe. Corner window with superb views.
- White suite comprising panelled bath, thermostatically controlled shower over, pedestal wash hand basin with mixer taps and low flush wc. Fully tiled walls. Tiled floor. Extractor fan. Recessed lighting. Tower radiator.
- Feature staircase with pine open treads, glass and stainless steel balustrade and handrail to first floor. Double glazed velux window.
- MAGNIFICENT MASTER BEDROOM OR DRAWING ROOM:
- 9.37m x 3.96m (30' 9" x 13' 0")
Built in wardrobes and built in cabinets with louver doors. Three double glazed velux windows. Feature gable window with superb uninterrupted views of Strangford Lough.
- SHOWER ROOM:
- Shower cubicle, pedestal wash hand basin with mixer taps. Low flush wc. Shelved towel storage. Recessed lighting. Double velux window. Access to:
- Storage. Floored. Insulated. Light.
- LARGE THREE CAR DETACHED GARAGE:
- Up and over door. Light and power. Sealed floor.
- Tarmac driveway and parking for several cars, boat or caravan.
- HARDWOOD SUMMER HOUSE:
- Superb views.
- Extensive mature gardens in lawns, flowerbeds, shrubs and hedges. Lawn tennis court. Raised viewing deck/sun terrace with superb views. Boat mooring.
Location: Take Shore Road from Newtownards to Kirkcubbin, follow signs to Portaferry at Rowreagh Road, turn right onto Abbacy Road which becomes Marlfield Road which becomes Lough Shore Road. Alternatively, drive from Newtownards directly into Portaferry. Turn right at the loughside, pass the Ferry car park on your left. 11 Lough Shore Road is 1.70 miles from the car park.
Area Price Tracker
Unless otherwise stated, all content in this section is copyright of PropertyPal 2019, and all rights are reserved. The contents of this section, ether in whole or in part, may not be reproduced, stored or transmitted without prior written permission from PropertyPal.
This section has been prepared by PropertyPal for general guidance on matters of interest only, and does not constitute professional advice. You should not act upon the information contained in this section without obtaining specific professional advice. No representation or warranty (express or implied) is given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this section.
It is a condition of PropertyPal allowing you free access to this section that you accept that PropertyPal, its clients, employees and agents do not accept or assume any liability, responsibility or duty of care for any consequences of you or anyone else acting, or refraining to act, in reliance on the information contained in this section or for any decision based on it.
Note: Data is compiled by PropertyPal using data from the official NI House Price Index publication, released by Land & Property Services in conjunction with the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency, and supplemented with data collected by PropertyPal. The NI House Price Index can be accessed here.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Notes can only be seen by you and any pals you have added, they cannot be viewed by the vendor or estate agent.
How much will it cost?
19th Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Featured Listing
Get one boost to the top of the search results every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 2: Premier Listing
Get an automatic boost to the top of the search results every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »