Oyster Shell Cottage, 11 Lough Shore Road, Portaferry BT22 1PD
4 Bed Cottage For Sale
- THE FACTS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Four bedrooms, two reception rooms (or three bedrooms, three reception rooms)
- Stunning home with equally stunning outlook and surroundings
- Front line, Lough edge position with magnificent views
- Modern bathroom, ensuite and shower room
- Attractive open plan kitchen/dining with oil fired Aga range
- Separate utility room
- Located in a Marine Conservation Zone with a host of birds and wildlife on the doorstep
- Timber double glazing
- Oil fired central heating
- ALSO OF INTEREST:
- Beautifully decorated and presented
- Perfect retreat from 'hum drum' city life but only 35 minutes from Newtownards and 1 hour from Belfast
- Flexible interior layout to suit most needs
- Bright modern interior with views from most rooms
- Three car detached garage with remote electric door
- Mature gardens also with space for lawn tennis court
- Timber summer house and excellent viewing deck/sun terrace both with dramatic Lough Views
- For interesting details about the Strangford area click www.travel-ireland.com/strangford/
Additional InformationThe Agents Perspective:
"Strangford Lough is world renowned for its outstanding natural beauty and is protected as a Marine Conservation Area. 'Oyster Shell Cottage' is perfectly placed to take full advantage of this superb location. The house has a bright modern interior which is orientated to capture views from most rooms.
A simply delightful home in an equally delightful setting."
- Painted sheeted half stable front door.
- ENTRANCE HALL:
- Terracotta tiled floor.
- Hanging space.
- SPACIOUS BRIGHT LIVING ROOM:
- 8.76m x 3.96m (28' 9" x 13' 0")
Feature Morso hole in wall log fire, slate hearth. Recess lighting. Magnificent uninterrupted Lough views.
- KITCHEN AND DINING:
- 8.61m x 3.51m (28' 3" x 11' 6")
Excellent range of oak high and low level cupboards, granite worktops, concealed lighting, white Aga oil fired range. Inset composite sink unit with mixer taps. Miele stainless steel high level oven and microwave. Space for dining table and chairs. Recessed lighting. Part tiled walls. Terracotta tiled floor.
- UTILITY ROOM:
- 3.81m x 2.13m (12' 6" x 7' 0")
Laminate worktops, stainless steel sink unit, plumbed for washing machine. Space for freezer. Warmflow oil fired central heating boiler. Louvre door to hotpress lagged copper cylinder with Willis water heater.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 6.02m x 3.2m (19' 9" x 10' 6")
Double built in wardrobes and walk in wardrobe.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- 2.44m x 2.36m (8' 0" x 7' 9")
Fully tiled shower cubicle with Aqualisa thermostatically controlled shower. Low flush wc. Vanity unit wash hand basin with mixer taps. Extractor fan. Tiled floor. Towel radiator.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 3.66m x 3.66m (12' 0" x 12' 0")
- BEDROOM (4) OR OFFICE:
- 3.28m x 2.51m (10' 9" x 8' 3")
Built in wardrobe. Corner window with superb views.
- White suite comprising panelled bath, thermostatically controlled shower over, pedestal wash hand basin with mixer taps and low flush wc. Fully tiled walls. Tiled floor. Extractor fan. Recessed lighting. Tower radiator.
- Feature staircase with pine open treads, glass and stainless steel balustrade and handrail to first floor. Double glazed velux window.
- MAGNIFICENT MASTER BEDROOM OR DRAWING ROOM:
- 9.37m x 3.96m (30' 9" x 13' 0")
Built in wardrobes and built in cabinets with louver doors. Three double glazed velux windows. Feature gable window with superb uninterrupted views of Strangford Lough.
- SHOWER ROOM:
- Shower cubicle, pedestal wash hand basin with mixer taps. Low flush wc. Shelved towel storage. Recessed lighting. Double velux window. Access to:
- Storage. Floored. Insulated. Light.
- LARGE THREE CAR DETACHED GARAGE:
- Up and over door. Light and power. Sealed floor.
- Tarmac driveway and parking for several cars, boat or caravan.
- HARDWOOD SUMMER HOUSE:
- Superb views.
- Extensive mature gardens in lawns, flowerbeds, shrubs and hedges. Lawn tennis court. Raised viewing deck/sun terrace with superb views. Boat mooring.
Location: Take Shore Road from Newtownards to Kirkcubbin, follow signs to Portaferry at Rowreagh Road, turn right onto Abbacy Road which becomes Marlfield Road which becomes Lough Shore Road. Alternatively, drive from Newtownards directly into Portaferry. Turn right at the loughside, pass the Ferry car park on your left. 11 Lough Shore Road is 1.70 miles from the car park.
How much will it cost?
12th Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Find out how to make your property stand out more, increase your views and get twice the exposure as a standard listing!
- Get twice the exposure than a standard listing
- Attractive design with banner and additional photographs
- Get to the top of the search results (Featured only)
- Choose the Featured or Premium Option or both
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »