- Additional Information
- Area Price Tracker
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- A special coastal property with beautiful shoreline position, adjacent beach and spectacular views across the Irish sea to the Isle of Man and Galloway coast
- Perfect position with rocky shore and adjacent beach for all the family to enjoy
- Originally a fisherman's cottage dating back 200 years, amalgamated with 100 year old gospel hall and more recent extension.
- Family accommodation with three reception rooms and four bedrooms, en suite wet room and bathroom
- Kitchen and dining areas
- Oil fired central heating and U.P.V.C framed double glazing
- Recently re-wired and the plumbing system has been upgraded.
- Seaviews from all the rooms to the front of the house
- Seaside garden to the front with wild flowers and grasses leading down to the shore
- Rear garden in lawn, flower and shrub beds with greenhouses
- The property would lend itself to creating a small one bedroom apt for a dependent relative.
- Just under 2 miles to both Ballyhalbert and Portavogie, Newtownards 15 miles, Bangor 18 miles and Portaferry 9 miles
This could be a perfect property for a change of lifestyle, either as a weekend and holiday home or for a more permanent move. The coastal position is idyllic and the property, although originally a fishermans cottage dating back over 200 years, was converted into a family home around 36 years ago by extension and joining it to the adjacent gospel hall which now houses two of the four bedrooms. The property is approached by a country lane and there is direct access on to the shore from the front garden. You can imagine a family living here with surf boards and kayaks lying in the grass for use at high tide and you can also picture special seaside barbeques with family and friends, followed by a walk along the shoreline and beach to Portavogie. The view to the front is ever changing with fishing boats, yachts and ferries traversing the Irish sea with the coast of Galloway and the Isle of Man visible in the distance on a clear day.
The property itself is a great size and has been re-wired recently and the plumbing has been upgraded. The original part of the house dates back 200 years and retains the cottage feel with beamed ceilings and the accomodation extends to three reception rooms, kitchen, utility room, four bedrooms, one with an en suite wetroom and family bathroom.
The property is located on the east coast of the Ards Peninsula facing the Irish Sea, midway between Portavogie and Ballyhalbert, 15 miles from Newtownards, 18 Miles from Bangor and just 9 miles from Portaferry.
- Entrance porch
- Tiled floor
- Entrance hall
- Glazed door with leaded light detail
- Sitting room:
- 5.05m x 4.27m (16' 7" x 14')
Black marble fireplace with cast iron inset and beamed ceiling
- Living room
- 6.1m x 4.57m (20' 0" x 15' 0")
Corner window with view of Irish sea to Isle of Man and Scotland, polished hardwood floor
- Family room
- 3.89m x 2.69m (12' 9" x 8' 10")
- 2.92m x 3.73m (9'7" x 12'3")
Range of high and low level units with tiled work surfaces, integrated electric hob, two electric ovens, dishwasher, extractor fan, tiled floor and beamed ceiling
- Rear hall
- 7.32m x 2.18m (24' x 7' 2")
Hotpress and space for dining table
- Bedroom 1
- 4.11m x 3.15m (13' 6" x 10' 4")
- Bedroom 2
- 4.11m x 3.15m (13' 6" x 10' 4")
- En-suite wet room
- 2.49m x 1.91m (8' 2" x 6' 3")
Shower, wash hand basin, W.C. and tiled walls
- Utility room
- 3.38m x 2.46m (11' 1" x 8' 1")
Plumbing for washing machine
- 2.74m x 1.96m (9' 0" x 6' 5")
White suite, bath, corner shower cubicle with water jets, tiled walls, wash hand basin and W.C.
- Bedroom 3
- 4.32m x 3.25m (14' 2" x 10' 8")
Exposed wooden purlins, eves storage and velux window
- Bedroom 4
- 3.71m x 2.34m (12' 2" x 7' 8")
Gable window and built in wardrobes, adjacent WC
- Approached by country lane, front garden in lawn, wild flowers and grasses, decked area and parking with direct access to shore and beach. Enclosed lawn to side, rear garden in lawn, shrub beds, greenhouses and garden shed. Oil fired boiler in housing.
Area Price Tracker
Unless otherwise stated, all content in this section is copyright of PropertyPal 2019, and all rights are reserved. The contents of this section, ether in whole or in part, may not be reproduced, stored or transmitted without prior written permission from PropertyPal.
This section has been prepared by PropertyPal for general guidance on matters of interest only, and does not constitute professional advice. You should not act upon the information contained in this section without obtaining specific professional advice. No representation or warranty (express or implied) is given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this section.
It is a condition of PropertyPal allowing you free access to this section that you accept that PropertyPal, its clients, employees and agents do not accept or assume any liability, responsibility or duty of care for any consequences of you or anyone else acting, or refraining to act, in reliance on the information contained in this section or for any decision based on it.
Note: Data is compiled by PropertyPal using data from the official NI House Price Index publication, released by Land & Property Services in conjunction with the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency, and supplemented with data collected by PropertyPal. The NI House Price Index can be accessed here.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Notes can only be seen by you and any pals you have added, they cannot be viewed by the vendor or estate agent.
How much will it cost?
18th Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Featured Listing
Get one boost to the top of the search results every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 2: Premier Listing
Get an automatic boost to the top of the search results every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »