- Additional Information
- Area Price Tracker
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- Most Attractive Victorian Red Brick Detached Residence Designed in 1903
- Drawing Room with Open Fireplace and Gas Coal Effect Fire
- Dining Room with Parquet Flooring
- Sitting Room with Attractive Oak Fireplace
- Fitted Kitchen open to Living and Dining Area with Aga Range
- 6 Bedrooms including Main Bedroom with Ensuite Dressing and Shower Room
- Family Bathroom, Second Floor Shower Room and Ground Floor Cloakroom with WC
- Exceptional Presentation and Finish Throughout Including many Fine Original Features to Include Beautiful Fireplaces, original Ornate Plasterwork and Parquet Flooring
- Gas Central Heating
- Beautiful, Restored Coach House Perfect for Home Office, Studio or Annex for Extended Family (includes living room, kitchen, wet room and mezzanine bedroom)
- Mature, Private Site with Gardens Extending to 0.3 Acres in Lawns with a Wide Variety of Specimen Trees & Shrubs in a Profusion of Colour
- Convenient to Many Local Primary & Secondary Schools, Shops and Public Transport
Additional InformationBuilt in late 1903, this late Victorian villa, in red brick is without doubt one of the prettiest and architecturally interesting properties in Belfast's most distinguished private residential park.
Malone Park is laid out as a long, wide straight private road through an avenue of majestic trees running between the Lisburn and Malone Roads. Both sides are lined by a succession of ample villas in large gardens and the very distinctive Morston is situated near the Malone Road end of the Park.
This is a large and generously proportioned period home, complete with a converted coach house perfect for home office, and has been the residence of the current owner for the last 30 years. The character of the property including its many beautiful original features has been carefully maintained, while at the same time, there has been refurbishment and renovation which has resulted in an authentic and elegant period home fit for modern living.
- ENTRANCE PORCH:
- Arched roof and Terrazzo flooring, glazed front door to..
- RECEPTION HALL:
- Wood panelled walls, parquet wood floor, cornice ceiling.
- Parquet flooring, vanity unit with granite surround, low flush wc, leaded glass to door.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 6.5m x 4.52m (21' 4" x 14' 10")
(into bay) Carved mahogany fireplace with marble hearth, dog grate and gas coal effect fire, cornice ceiling, magnificent ornate plasterwork to ceiling, bay window.
- DINING ROOM:
- 5.m x 3.89m (16' 5" x 12' 9")
(at widest points) Parquet wood block floor, feature fireplace with slate hearth, dog grate and gas coal effect fire, built in book shelves, cornice ceiling, original ornate plaster work, bay window with window seating.
- LIVING ROOM:
- 5.44m x 4.19m (17' 10" x 13' 9")
Attractive oak fireplace with tiled inset and hearth, slate hearth, cornice ceiling, picture rail, original ornate plaster work and cornicing.
- OPEN PLAN KITCHEN:
- 4.42m x 3.07m (14' 6" x 10' 1")
Extensive range of high and low level units, granite work surfaces, 1.5 bowl single drainer stainless steel sink unit, Neff 4 ring hob with extractor fan over, Neff eye level electric oven, Neff integrated microwave oven, Neff dishwasher, American Fridge Freezer, slate flooring, concealed lighting, part tiled walls, steps to...
- OPEN PLAN DINING AND FAMILY ROOM:
- 8.53m x 4.98m (28' 0" x 16' 4")
Slate flooring, low voltage spots, range of units with granite work surfaces, Old Belfast style sink unit with granite drainer, Aga oil fired cooker range with concealed lighting over and extractor fan, glazed double doors to patio.
- leading to boiler room with two gas fired boilers.
- UTILITY ROOM:
- Range of high and low level units, work surfaces, Old Belfast style sink unit, plumbed for washing machine, vented for tumble dryer, slate floor, storage cupboard, walk in pantry with shelving, granite work surfaces and integrated wine rack.
First Floor Return
- Feature leaded glass windows, cornice ceiling, walk in airing cupboard, display shelves.
- MODERN BATHROOM:
- 3.18m x 3.m (10' 5" x 9' 10")
White suite comprising bath with tiled surround, wc, pedestal wash hand basin, fully tiled shower cubicle, chrome heated towel rail, tiled floor, fully tiled walls, bespoke built in storage units with integrated mirror.
- MASTER BEDROOM:
- 6.5m x 4.52m (21' 4" x 14' 10")
Bay window, cornice ceiling, original ornate plaster work
- ENSUITE SHOWER AND DRESSING ROOM:
- 4.27m x 3.86m (14' 0" x 12' 8")
Extensive range of bespoke built in robes and storage with low voltage spots, vanity unit with granite surround, fully tiled shower cubicle.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 6.27m x 3.91m (20' 7" x 12' 10")
Corner fireplace with cast iron and tiled inset, cornice ceiling with original ornate plaster work, built in robe and storage.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 5.05m x 4.19m (16' 7" x 13' 9")
Solid wood flooring, attractive fireplace with cast iron and tiled inset, cornice ceiling with original ornate plaster work.
Second Floor Return
- Velux window, access to roofspace.
- SHOWER ROOM:
- White suit comprising pedestal wash hand basin with splash tiling, low flush wc, walk in shower cubicle with feature glass blocks, wood flooring, storage in eaves, extractor fan.
- BEDROOM (4):
- 4.22m x 3.56m (13' 10" x 11' 8")
Cast iron fireplace, pedestal wash hand basin, storage in eaves.
- BEDROOM (5):
- 7.06m x 4.44m (23' 2" x 14' 7")
Wood flooring, cast iron fireplace, extensive range of built in furniture to include robes, storage, work desks and drawers.
- BEDROOM (6):
- 6.3m x 3.3m (20' 8" x 10' 10")
Built in book shelves and display shelves.
- THE COACH HOUSE
- LIVING AND DINING AREA:
- 7.65m x 6.83m (25' 1" x 22' 5")
- 3.68m x 2.44m (12' 1" x 8' 0")
Range of high and low level units, work surfaces, single drainer stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, space for cooker, oil fired boiler, tongue and groove ceiling, tiled floor.
- FULLY TILED WET ROOM:
- White suite comprising low flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin, chrome heated towel rail, shower area with Mira shower, tongue and groove ceiling.
- MEZZANINE BEDROOM:
- 4.17m x 3.35m (13' 8" x 11' 0")
- Entrance gates to driveway with parking and turning area to front and side.
Magnificent mature and secluded gardens of 0.3 acres. Extremely private grounds with mature boundary trees and hedging.
Generous front garden in lawns and very secluded rear gardens in central lawns with loose stone border path and red brick boundary wall with flowerbeds and sheltered sitting area.
Additional paviour sun terrace with circular design and central ornamental water feature. Hidden garden store.
Heading out of Belfast on the Malone Road travel past Osborne playing fields and Malone Park is the second turn on the right after St John's church.
Area Price Tracker
Unless otherwise stated, all content in this section is copyright of PropertyPal 2019, and all rights are reserved. The contents of this section, ether in whole or in part, may not be reproduced, stored or transmitted without prior written permission from PropertyPal.
This section has been prepared by PropertyPal for general guidance on matters of interest only, and does not constitute professional advice. You should not act upon the information contained in this section without obtaining specific professional advice. No representation or warranty (express or implied) is given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this section.
It is a condition of PropertyPal allowing you free access to this section that you accept that PropertyPal, its clients, employees and agents do not accept or assume any liability, responsibility or duty of care for any consequences of you or anyone else acting, or refraining to act, in reliance on the information contained in this section or for any decision based on it.
*Note: Dataset is compiled by PropertyPal using data from the official NI House Price Index publication, released by Land & Property Services in conjunction with the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency, and supplemented with data collected by PropertyPal. The NI House Price Index can be accessed here. The data has been cleansed to remove anomalies and statistical analysis undertaken by PropertyPal to comprise a backdated time series to 2005.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Notes can only be seen by you and any pals you have added, they cannot be viewed by the vendor or estate agent.
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Featured Listing
Get one boost to the top of the search results every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 2: Premier Listing
Get an automatic boost to the top of the search results every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »