- Additional Information
- Area Price Tracker
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Former Millhouse Dating Back To 1801.
- Completely Refurbished & Extended
- Previously Laid Out As Millhouse & Attached Cottage, Potential For AirBNB/ Long Term Rental Or Annex
- Beautiful Location Along The River Bann On A Secluded Site Yet Within Easy Commute To The Town Centre
- Double Glazed Windows
- Many Original Features Retained Including Ground & First Floor Brickwork & Beams
- Oil Fired Central Heating
- Landscaped Gardens & Lawns To Front, Side & Rear Bordering Forestry Lands
- Walking Distance To Forest, Trim Trail, The Cutts, & Riverside Retail Park.
- Property Covered By CCTV
As estate agents, we are often asked for something that little bit different to the 'run of the mill' well, welcome to exactly that - Millhouse, 47 Castleroe Road, Coleraine. Located along the banks of the River Bann and The Cutts, this small holding occupies a generous mature secluded site yet within a hop, skip and a jump for the Trim Trail Forest and many fabulous walks. This said, Riverside Retail Park, Sainsburys and local shops are within easy access as too is the town centre.
Dating back to 1801, Millhouse was exactly that with the original mill wheels still on site. An adjoining cottage was the original dwelling house of the Mill Manager. Having undergone a complete renovation by the current owner, Millhouse now boasts seven-bedroom, four reception accommodation. The renovation was painfully sympathetic with the last detail included in the overall project. The ground and first floors were rebuilt using the original stone and walls are some three feet wide. The Second floor, a modern addition yet retaining the character of the remainder of the house.
Luxurious mature gardens well stocked with seasonal planting and shrubbery border the neighbouring forestry lands offering that countryside feel yet being literally on the edge of town. Rightly so, the current owner is extremely proud of the finished project and we are delighted to have been appointed to manage the sale. Take it from us, this really is a need to be seen to be appreciated property.
- Entrance Porch:
- with Chinese slate flooring, glazed doors and matching glazed panels to Lounge.
- Cloak Room:
- with low flush Wc, pedestal wash hand basin.
- Open Plan Lounge & Dining Area:
- 6.15m x 11.07m (20'2 x 36'4)
(L Shaped), retaining many of the original Millhouse features including ceiling beams, feature wall mounted Millstone with lighted back recess display, feature pine surround fireplace with cast iron horseshoe inset, tiled hearth, solid wooden flooring, glazed door to garden courtyard TV point, semi circular raised flooring to Dining area, recessed lighting.
- 3.86m x 4.45m (12' 8" x 14' 7")
with range of eye and low level solid wood units with tiling between, window pelmet with recessed lighting, space for range style cooker, extractor fan, feature red brick housing for stove, bowl and a half sink unit, butcher block worktops, centre island with pull out basket storage, polished granite worktop, integrated dishwasher, recessed lights, Chinese slate flooring.
- Utility Room:
- 1.96m x 3.3m (6'5 x 10'10)
with low level units, stainless steel sink unit, plumbed for washing machine, space for tumble dryer, full length larder storage unit, Chinese slate flooring.
- Breakfast Room:
- 3.63m x 4.67m (11'11 x 15'4)
with feature stable door to garden, Chinese slate flooring, connecting door to cottage.
- with feature tuned staircase, solid wooden flooring, feature stained glass window, smoke alarm, attic access.
- Bedroom (1):
- 3.96m x 6.15m (13' 0" x 20' 2")
- Bedroom (2):
- 3.58m x 4.67m (11' 9" x 15' 4")
- Inner Hall:
- with built in mirrored sliding robes.
- Bedroom (3):
- 3.63m x 5.08m (11' 11" x 16' 8")
including bay window, solid wooden flooring, telephone point.
- with traditional suite comprising; roll-neck freestanding bath with claw feet, high cistern WC, bidet, fully tiled walk in double shower cubicle with power shower fitting, sheeted ceiling with recessed lighting, half tiled walls, tiled floor, extractor fan.
- Master Bedroom:
- 5.08m x 6.15m (16'8 x 20'2)
with sheeted ceiling and access to floored attic storage.
Ensuite: comprising; panel bath with telephone hand shower fitting, low flush WC, pedestal wash hand basin, fully tiled walk in double shower cubicle with power shower fitting, half tiled walls, recessed lighting heated chrome towel rail, recessed lighting.
- Dressing Room - Off Ensuite:
- 2.21m x 3.2m (7'3 x 10'6)
with solid wooden flooring.
- Entrance Porch:
- with tiled floor, glazed door to Lounge.
- with multi fuel stove connected to back boiler, TV point.
- Open Plan Kitchen & Dining Area:
- 4.98m x 7.01m (16'4 x 23'0)
(L shaped), comprising; eye and low level units with tiling between, space for freestanding cooker, stainless steel sink unit, plumbed for washing machine, extractor fan, open plan to dining area, door to garden.
- Inner Hall:
- with attic access, smoke alarm.
- comprising; corner bath with tiling around, low flush WC, fully tiled walk in shower cubicle with electric shower fitting, wash hand basin in vanity unit, partial wall tiling.
- Bedroom (1):
- 3.07m x 4.17m (10'1 x 13'8)
(L shaped) with connecting door to Breakfast Room.
- with smoke alarm.
- Bedroom (2):
- 2.57m x 4.06m (8' 5" x 13' 4")
with TV point.
- Bedroom (3):
- 2.46m x 4.01m (8' 1" x 13' 2")
with attic storage access, telephone point, TV point.
- Property approached by sweeping driveway leading to coloured loose stone parking and turning area. Front garden laid in lawn with mature trees and seasonal planting. Side garden overlooking former mill with young planting. Generous rear an side gardens in lawn enclosed by mature trees and shrubbery, raised loose coloured stone beds with seasonal planting, paved patio area, loose coloured stone courtyard and morning area, outside lights and tap.
Leaving Coleraine along the Castleroe Road in the direction of Castleroe, Number 47 is approached by a private laneway on the right hand side.
Area Price Tracker
Unless otherwise stated, all content in this section is copyright of PropertyPal 2019, and all rights are reserved. The contents of this section, ether in whole or in part, may not be reproduced, stored or transmitted without prior written permission from PropertyPal.
This section has been prepared by PropertyPal for general guidance on matters of interest only, and does not constitute professional advice. You should not act upon the information contained in this section without obtaining specific professional advice. No representation or warranty (express or implied) is given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this section.
It is a condition of PropertyPal allowing you free access to this section that you accept that PropertyPal, its clients, employees and agents do not accept or assume any liability, responsibility or duty of care for any consequences of you or anyone else acting, or refraining to act, in reliance on the information contained in this section or for any decision based on it.
Note: Data is compiled by PropertyPal using data from the official NI House Price Index publication, released by Land & Property Services in conjunction with the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency, and supplemented with data collected by PropertyPal. The NI House Price Index can be accessed here.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Notes can only be seen by you and any pals you have added, they cannot be viewed by the vendor or estate agent.
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Featured Listing
Get one boost to the top of the search results every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 2: Premier Listing
Get an automatic boost to the top of the search results every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »