- Additional Information
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- THE FACTS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Handsome period detached home c 1855
- Mature grounds c.1 acre including former lawn tennis court
- Superb views over 4th green at Royal Belfast Golf Course to Belfast Lough and beyond
- Many original features including high ceilings, cornicing, deep rounded skirtings and architraves
- Six bedrooms, four reception rooms and study
- Large kitchen and breakfast area with oil fired Rayburn range
- Flexible interior layout which previously incorporated an apartment
- uPVC double glazing
- Oil fired central heating
- Two bathrooms
- Bright interior with views of Belfast Lough from most rooms
- Detached garage with parking for several cars, boat, caravan
Additional InformationThe Agents Perspective:
"Built in the mid 1850's for the Shillington family, this is a fine period family home which has a real sense of grandeur and charm. The high ceilings, deep moulded skirtings, panelled doors and well proportioned rooms combining to convey that impression.
Presently, there are six bedrooms, four reception room and a study, but the house could be utilised in a variety of ways to suit individual needs including the subdivision of a self-contained apartment for semi dependant relatives, an au pair or teenager's suite.
Set off by beautiful mature gardens including former lawn tennis court and large sun terrace/barbeque area Melmore has superb views over Royal Belfast Golf Club to Belfast Lough beyond.
A most distinguished and handsome home."
- Quarry tiled steps to large painted hardwood front door, glazed side panels and fan light.
- ENTRANCE PORCH:
- Tiled floor, bevelled glass window inner door and side panels.
- RECEPTION HALL:
- Oak wood strip flooring. Cornice ceiling.
- Low flush wc, vanity unit, oval wash hand basin with mixer tap, half tiled floor.
- LIVING ROOM:
- 5.82m x 5.51m (19' 1" x 18' 1")
Fireplace tiled inset and hearth, painted carved timber surround, cornice ceiling, bay window with views into gardens over former lawn tennis court.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 7.06m x 4.57m (23' 2" x 15' 0")
Fireplace, tiled inset and hearth, painted surround, cornice ceiling, window seating in bay window with superb Lough views over Royal Belfast Golf Course.
- DINING ROOM:
- 4.95m x 4.29m (16' 3" x 14' 1")
Fireplace, tiled inset and hearth, carved hardwood surround, enamel room heater by Waterford, superb Lough views over Royal Belfast Golf Course. uPVC double glazed door to patio and rear garden.
- REAR HALL:
- Coat hanging space and storage under stairs, rear staircase to first floor.
- FREEZER ROOM:
- 3.2m x 2.29m (10' 6" x 7' 6")
- 2.46m x 2.39m (8' 1" x 7' 10")
- FAMILY/BREAKFAST ROOM:
- 4.01m x 3.56m (13' 2" x 11' 8")
Double green Rayburn oil fired range cooker in reclaimed brick recess, reclaimed timber mantle. Lough views. Ceramic tiled floor. Open to:
- 5.64m x 3.71m (18' 6" x 12' 2")
Double tub, single drainer stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, extensive range of oak high and low level cupboards, laminate worktops, concealed lighting, recessed lighting, tiled walls, ceramic tiled floor, stainless steel under oven, four ring stainless steel hob, cooker canopy and extractor. Stained timber half stable door to:
- UTILITY ROOM:
- 5.64m x 2.82m (18' 6" x 9' 3")
Plumbed for washing machine, oil fired central heating boiler, quarry tiled floor, space for indoor drying, service door to rear.
- Staircase with ornate carved Newel post, hardwood handrail and turned spindles to first floor.
- Feature stained leaded glass window, large shelved linen cupboard.
- FORMER LIVING ROOM TO APARTMENT (IDEAL OFFICE) OR BEDROOM (6):
- 5.64m x 3.71m (18' 6" x 12' 2")
Feature brick fireplace, picture rail. Superb Lough views over Royal Belfast Golf Course.
- BEDROOM (5):
- 4.24m x 3.56m (13' 11" x 11' 8")
Decorative painted cast iron fireplace, cornice ceiling. Superb Lough views over Royal Belfast Golf Course.
- BEDROOM (1):
- 4.06m x 4.57m (13' 4" x 15' 0")
Double aspect, cornice ceiling, vanity unit wash hand basin. Superb Lough views over Royal Belfast Golf Course. Connecting door to:
- BEDROOM (4) OR DRESSING ROOM:
- 4.95m x 4.24m (16' 3" x 13' 11")
Cornice ceiling, vanity unit wash hand basin. Superb Lough views over Royal Belfast Golf Course.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 4.57m x 4.57m (15' 0" x 15' 0")
Cornice ceiling, vanity unit wash hand basin, Lough views over former lawn tennis court.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 4.57m x 3.48m (15' 0" x 11' 5")
Cornice ceiling, decorative painted fireplace.
- BATHROOM (1):
- 3.71m x 3.28m (12' 2" x 10' 9")
Panelled corner bath with mixer tap, low flush wc, bidet, twin pedestal wash hand basin, ceramic tiled floor, fully tiled shower area with thermostatically controlled shower, vertical radiator.
- BATHROOM (2):
- 2.69m x 2.41m (8' 10" x 7' 11")
White suite comprising panelled bath with mixer tap, low flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin, bidet, ceramic tiled floor, half tiled floor.
- Staircase to:
- Door to second floor landing. Double glazed velux window.
- TANK ROOM/STORE:
- 3.96m x 1.93m (13' 0" x 6' 4")
- OFFICE OR STORAGE:
- 4.11m x 3.96m (13' 6" x 13' 0")
Double glazed velux.
- Extensive mature site c 1 acre in lawns, flowerbeds, shrubs, mature trees and former lawn tennis court. Large brick paviour sun terrace and BBQ area with superb Lough views over Royal Belfast Golf Course. Old stone wall bounding the garden to the north.
- ROTATING TIMBER SUMMER HOUSE:
- ALUMINIUM GREENHOUSE:
- Sweeping tarmac driveway with parking for several cars leading to:
- DOUBLE GARAGE:
- Up and over door, light and power.
- Double entrance gates. Water tap, Exterior lighting.
- TOOL STORE:
- 2.39m x 2.03m (7' 10" x 6' 8")
From Belfast pass Cultra Folk & Country Park heading East towards Bangor. 'Melnore' is on left hand side past Station Road, opposite Ballygrainey Road.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
How much will it cost?
19th Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Boost It Back
Increase views of your property with a single boost back up the natural listings.
Option 2: Featured Listing
Get one Boost It Back every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 3: Premier Listing
Get an automatic Boost It Back every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »