- Additional Information
- Area Price Tracker
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- Detached property
- B1 listed
- 5 Bedrooms
- 5 Reception rooms
- 2 En-suite shower rooms
- Kitchen with granite worktop
- 2 Bathrooms
- Utility room
- Cloakroom with LFWC
- Oil fired central heating system
- Sliding sash windows
- Pressurised water system
- Secondary glazing in some rooms
- Comprehensive burglar alarm system
- Gardens in lawn to front, side and rear
- Photogenic secret garden
- Victorian style frontage
- "Guest House" rated residentially
- Currently a licenced premises
- 15 Successful years as B&B
- Convenient to Galgorm Golf Club
- Belfast International Airport 20 minutes away
- Easilly assessable to Galgorm Resort & Spa
Additional InformationHomes Independent are thrilled to bring to the market this stunning residential property on the corner of Rankinstown and Moorfields Road. Marlagh Lodge is a B1 listed property built c1850 for Henry Hutchison Hamilton O'Hara who was the heir at the time to nearby Crebilly House. The property was taken over by the current owners at the turn of this century and modernised into the stunning dwelling that stands today.
Marlagh Lodge is currently one of Ballymenas finest B&B country houses; cited as "Country Antrim's best kept secret." The property comprises 5 bedrooms, 5 reception rooms, beautiful gardens and spacious outbuildings with endless potential. Our agents are sure that this property will catch the eye of many family buyers looking for something that little bit special.
- ENTRANCE PORCH:
- With Hardwood front door with ornate external cornicing. Stained glass double doors to entrance hall with ornate cornicing.
- ENTRANCE HALL:
- With cornicing to ceiling. Balustrade staircase to first floor. Picture rail.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 6.08m x 5.23m (19' 11" x 17' 2")
With multi-fuel burning stove to tiled hearth with exposed brick inset. Cream surround and mantle. Window seat. Picture rail. Cornicing to ceiling. Centre rose. Internal shutters on windows.
- DINING ROOM:
- 6.22m x 5.09m (20' 5" x 16' 8")
With cast iron fireplace to tiled hearth with marble surround and mantle. Picture rail. Cornicing to ceiling. Centre rose. Bay window. Internal shutters on windows.
- 4.55m x 4.52m (14' 11" x 14' 10")
With a range of eye and low level fitted units with granite worktop. Stainless steel sink unit. Belfast sink. Plumbed for 2x dishwasher. Space for Rangemaster (Gas) style stove and integrated Neff oven. Glazed display units. Under pelmet lighting. Spacious dining area. Splashback tiling. Tiled flooring.
- UTILITY ROOM:
- With a range of eye and low level fitted units. Also ideal as a laundry room.
- With LFWC and WHB.
- BREAKFAST ROOM:
- 5.93m x 3.1m (19' 5" x 10' 2")
With wall lights.
- 4.52m x 3.88m (14' 10" x 12' 9")
With spotlighting to ceiling. Spacious understair storage cupboard.
- 3.81m x 3.15m (12' 6" x 10' 4")
With 4 piece suite comprising LFWC, WHB, clawfoot bath and large shower to enclosed cubicle. Spotlighting to ceiling. Black & White chequered flooring.
- LIVING ROOM:
- 8.06m x 3.68m (26' 5" x 12' 1")
With fireplace with multi-fuel burning stove. Tiled inset and hearth. Ornate surround and mantle with mirror. Picture rail. Spotlighting to ceiling. Wooden flooring. Glazed double doors out to rear.
- BEDROOM (1):
- 6.22m x 5.09m (20' 5" x 16' 8")
With fireplace with tiled hearth, cream surround and mantle. Picture rail. Cornicing to ceiling. En-suite shower room.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- With 3 piece suite comprising LFWC, WHB and clawfoot bath. Cornicing to ceiling.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 6.06m x 3.63m (19' 11" x 11' 11")
With cornicing to ceiling. Picture rail. Cast iron fireplace with tiled hearth, cream surround and mantle. En-suite shower room.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- With 3 piece suite comprising LFWC, WHB and shower to enclosed tiled corner cubicle.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 4.78m x 4.63m (15' 8" x 15' 2")
With cast iron fireplace with ornate inset tiles. Tiled hearth. Surround and mantle with fitted mirror. Picture rail. Access to loft.
- BEDROOM (4):
- 4.93m x 4.52m (16' 2" x 14' 10")
With fireplace with tiled hearth, surround and mantle with fitted mirror. Spotlighting to ceiling. Velux window.
- BEDROOM (5):
- 4.52m x 3.89m (14' 10" x 12' 9")
With spotlighting to ceiling. Velux window.
- With 3 piece suite comprising LFWC, WHB and bath with shower over. Wooden panelling to walls.
- Access to the property from the Rankinstown Road through pillars leading to stoned driveway. Garden in lawn either side of driveway with mature trees and planted shrubs. Spacious driveway to front of property with parking for a dozen cars or more, Outside light.
- Secret garden at the front of property with summer house and seating area. The most photogenic sun trap.
- Enclosed south facing area to rear of property with paved patio and garden in lawn. A variety of shrubs and trees are maturing making this a delightful entertainment garden with apple and pear trees. This particular part of the property is especially private with a tranquil setting.
- Outbuildings with 3 separate compartments which may be suitable for use as stables or potentially converted to garage.
Corner of Rankinstown Road and Moorfields Road, Ballymena.
Area Price Tracker
Unless otherwise stated, all content in this section is copyright of PropertyPal 2019, and all rights are reserved. The contents of this section, ether in whole or in part, may not be reproduced, stored or transmitted without prior written permission from PropertyPal.
This section has been prepared by PropertyPal for general guidance on matters of interest only, and does not constitute professional advice. You should not act upon the information contained in this section without obtaining specific professional advice. No representation or warranty (express or implied) is given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this section.
It is a condition of PropertyPal allowing you free access to this section that you accept that PropertyPal, its clients, employees and agents do not accept or assume any liability, responsibility or duty of care for any consequences of you or anyone else acting, or refraining to act, in reliance on the information contained in this section or for any decision based on it.
Note: Data is compiled by PropertyPal using data from the official NI House Price Index publication, released by Land & Property Services in conjunction with the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency, and supplemented with data collected by PropertyPal. The NI House Price Index can be accessed here.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Notes can only be seen by you and any pals you have added, they cannot be viewed by the vendor or estate agent.
13th Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Featured Listing
Get one boost to the top of the search results every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 2: Premier Listing
Get an automatic boost to the top of the search results every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »