- Additional Information
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Productive farmland
- A range of excellent farm buildings
- Renovated house
- Coastal position with spectacular views
- For sale as a whole or in 5 lots
Immaculate arable and livestock farm with a coastal situation.
CLOSING DATE FOR BEST AND FINAL OFFERS: 12PM ON 22ND SEPTEMBER 2020
About this property
33 Lisoid Road is a mixed arable and livestock farm extending to about 139 acres in total. It has a spectacular coastal position with exceptional views over the surrounding County Down landscape, in particular towards the Mourne Mountains. The farm includes a renovated farmhouse and an immaculate range of farm buildings. Situated to the west of the farmyard and with separate access, is a site with foundations laid and planning permission to construct a dwelling house.
The free-draining, productive farmland is in five separate holdings, with each block having the ability to grow arable crops and good swards of grass. There is excellent access to all of the blocks of land via public roads. The topography is a combination of level and gently undulating land, ranging in elevation from about 3 metres (10 feet) above sea-level at lot 5 to a high point of about 41 metres (135 feet) above sea level at lot 2. A particular feature is the standard of fencing and hedgerows throughout the farm, with many double fenced. The fields are generally of a good shape and size for modern agriculture and have a mains water supply, with the majority of the fields having drinking troughs.
The current farming system includes an in-hand commercial flock of breeding ewes and a herd of suckler cows. Arable crops are grown on the farm, including winter wheat and spring barley in 2020.
Lot-1A: 33 Lisoid Road House, about 25.73 acres
Lot-1B: Lisoid Road Site, about 0.28 acres
Lot-2: Land at Bright, about 64.23 acres
Lot-3: Land at Ballylig Road, about 6.78 acres
Lot-4A: Land at Rossglass Road North, about 11.07 acres
Lot-4B: Field at Ballylig Road, about 1.30 acres
Lot-5: Land at Rossglass Road South, about 29.52 acres
Whole: about 138.91 acres
- 33 Lisoid Road is nestled in the coastline of county Down and enjoys a spectacular outlook across the Irish Sea and towards the dramatic Mourne Mountains.
- The farm is 2.5 miles to the west of the village of Killough which provides for everyday necessities and has a grocery store, chemist, primary school and café. It also conveniently lies a short distance from several towns including Ardglass (5 miles) and Downpatrick (7 miles) which offer a wider range of amenities. Ardglass has a golf course and marina, while Royal County Down Golf Club is 15 miles distant and Bright Castle Golf Club just 1.5 miles from the property. St. Patrick's Primary School Legamaddy is 2 miles from the property. The local area has an excellent selection of magnificent beaches, including Rossglass, Tyrella and Newcastle. The picturesque St John's Point Lighthouse is 3 miles by road, with its surrounding waters famed for the sea trials carried out by the Titanic.
- Belfast (29 miles) is connected to Downpatrick by the A7 primary road. The city provides a full range of services, education and cultural activities. It includes world-class tourist attractions (such as the shipyards where Titanic was constructed, and which now form part of the Titanic Experience). Belfast's rich and cultural heritage is reflected in its vibrant theatres and thriving arts scene.
- Belfast City Airport is 31 miles distant and offers flights to destinations throughout Europe and the rest of the UK, while Belfast International Airport is about 43 miles distant.
- The area has a reputation for productive, high quality farmland at low altitude and has a well-developed agricultural infrastructure, including several agricultural machinery merchants. It benefits from a mild, temperate climate.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Notes can only be seen by you and any pals you have added, they cannot be viewed by the vendor or estate agent.
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Featured Listing
Get one boost to the top of the search results every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 2: Premier Listing
Get an automatic boost to the top of the search results every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »