- Additional Information
A CLEANER, GREENER, LEANER way of living!
219 Passivhaus homes coming soon to South Belfast
PROTECTING YOUR HEALTH
We take the outside air, pass
it through our Nilan energy- efficient total indoor climate solution, which heats the air and filters it to ensure the inside air is free from bacteria, pollens and germs
PROTECTING YOUR PLANET
We aren’t using fossil fuels
to heat your home. They are heated using the heat emitted by your appliances and some other very clever things! Moving towards a net zero operational carbon built house is achievable when new homes are built to Passivhaus standard.
PROTECTING YOUR WALLET
Because your home is so airtight, over 90% of the heat generated inside, stays inside! That’s a huge saving on your annual energy spend!
The ever changing cost of oil and gas won’t affect you - your house will remain constantly cheaper to run!
5 KEY PRINCIPLES THAT MAKE PASSIVHAUS HOMES
This is a key component of these homes. We use high spec materials which significantly improve the thermal performance of your home, reducing your heating bills and your carbon emissions.
2. HIGH QUALITY WINDOWS AND DOORS
High specification doors and accredited triple glazed windows ensure that the heat in your house stays in your house.
The Airtightness of our homes meet Passivhaus exacting standards preventing heat losses through the fabric of the building thus reducing heating costs.
4. MECHANICAL HEAT RECOVERY VENTILATOR
Our Mechanical Heat Recovery Ventilator ensures a daily air exchange with the removal of dust particles, smells and excess humidity in exchange for a pleasant and healthy indoor climate.
5. THERMAL BRIDGE-FREE DETAILING
Thermal bridges allow huge heat losses in houses through poor insulation and poor design. The Passivhaus Standard uses clever design and a continuous thermal building “envelope” to deliver radical energy efficiency and exceptional comfort.
The Passive House model is an internationally recognised building standard delivering homes that require significantly reduced energy for heating or cooling. Incredibly, Passive Homes consume between 75%-90% less heating energy than a conventional house
- High quality units with choice of traditional / contemporary doors with a range of colours and stainless steel handles
- High quality worktop and upstand
- Soft closing drawers and doors
- Integrated appliances to include 4 ring ceramic hob, eye level single oven (where applicable) & integrated microwave oven combination, fridge/freezer and dishwasher
- Choice of contemporary chrome monoblock tap
- 1.5 low profile stainless steel sink
- Choice of coloured glass splashback to kitchen hob
UTILITY (Where applicable)
- High quality units with choice of traditional / contemporary doors with a range of colours, laminate worktops and stainless steel handles
- Range of low level and tall housing storage units
- Single bowl stainless steel sink and taps
- Plumbed for free standing washing machine and tumble dryer or washer / dryer combi (where applicable)
- BATHROOMS, ENSUITES & WC
- High quality contemporary bathroom suites and white sanitary ware
- Back to wall WC
- Low profile shower trays and toughened glass doors and panels throughout (where applicable)
- Vanity unit (bathroom & ensuite)
- Feature wall mirror in bathroom
- Thermostatic bar showers with dual head: rain drench and separate handheld
FLOORING & TILES A CHOICE OF
- Quality ceramic floor tiles to Entrance Hall, Kitchen |Dining | Family (where applicable), Utility Room, Bathroom, Ensuite and WC
- High-quality timber laminate or carpet to Living Room and Bedrooms
- Quality carpets to Stairs and Landing
- Full height tiling to shower enclosures
- Quality wall tiles to wet areas above bath and wash hand basins
- Tiled splashback to wash hand basin in WC
- PassivHaus certified Nilan Compact P complementary ventilation and heating system that provides your house with ventilation, heat recovery & production of sanitary hot water. This system ensures a daily air exchange with the removal of dust particles, smells and excess humidity in exchange for a pleasant and healthy indoor climate
- All walls to be painted throughout
- Ceilings and woodwork to be painted white
- Moulded skirting boards and architraves
- Comprehensive range of electrical light fittings and sockets to include USB sockets. TV points in Kitchen / Dining Room / Living Room / Master Bedroom & Telephone / Data point for main BT & Virgin Media connection
- High quality light fittings to include spotlights and ceiling lighting where applicable
- Pre-wired for BT Fibre Optic & Virgin Media
- White painted internal doors with brushed stainless-steel ironmongery
- Mains operated smoke detectors
- Houses wired for alarm system (optional extra)
- Construction built to PassivHaus standard with red concrete brick / render facings walls, soldier course, corbelling & precast sandstone surrounds (where applicable)
- Locally produced brick or rendered facades
- Feature lighting to front & rear doors
- Grey Munster joinery triple glazed Passive Windows
- Black PVC soffits & fascia
- PassivHaus certified front door with 5-point multi-lock system
- Black downpipes & guttering
- Black roof tiles
- Flagging to paths & patio
- External power socket
- External water tap to rear garden
- Bitmac driveways
- Lawns turfed to front and rear garden areas
- Landscaping plan to include hedging, railing & planting (where applicable)
- Houses cabled for EV charging point
WARRANTY / SERVICE CHARGES
- NHBC 10 year warranty
- Annual service charge (estimated £120 pa)
- Purchasers can book appointments with Kitchen & Tiling suppliers to visit showrooms and make choices / view available upgrades. (A member of the KDC team will assist purchasers with their specific kitchen choices and requirements). (A member of the Ceco team will assist purchasers with tiling choices).
- Specification is for guidance purposes only and can be subject to change. Images shown for illustration purposes only.