- Additional Information
- Area Price Tracker
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Charming country house set in lands extending to more than 10 acres in one of County Downs most stunning settings
- Two stone original outbuildings make this an ideal home for those who have equestrian interests.
- Drawing room with open fireplace and patio doors to terrace with lake view
- Living room/bedroom 3 and dining room with period fireplaces
- Spacious conservatory with dining and living areas
- Country styled kitchen with separate utility room
- Master bedroom with dressing room, large ensuite bathroom and balcony commanding a view of the splendid gardens and lake
- Second bedroom with large ensuite
- Lower ground floor comprises a large games room (suitable for division to further accommodation) and a room with shower
- Access from lower ground floor to spacious integral garage & store (suitable for conversion to further accommodation)
- Oil fired central heating, Megaflow water system and central vacuum system
- Mostly double glazed
- Close to Strangford Lough and facilities for sailing, golf, walks etc
- Convenient to excellent schooling, restaurants and shops
- A few minutes from Killinchy, Killyleagh, Comber and Saintfield and less than half an hour from Belfast
Additional InformationThe sale of Lake House represents a rare occasion to acquire a manageable home which has the atmosphere of a small country estate and is within close proximity to a host of amenities.
Surrounded by more than 10 acres and with its own private gravel lane way, the original house with dates back to 1812. It has been extended and modernised over the years and whilst retaining much of the character. The accommodation is bright and spacious and has been tastefully presented throughout. The layout will appeal to a variety of potential purchasers with the lower ground floor lending itself to conversion to further bedrooms or perhaps a self contained unit or home office.
The well tended grounds stretch down to a stunning lake which is a natural habitat to a host of wildlife. A timber footbridge takes you across to the island from where you can look back up at the house. Another enchanting walk takes you through the meadow and woodland and back up to the house.
The original outbuildings complete the picture and make this an ideal home for those who have equestrian interests. The fields are in good order and are currently let out to a neighbouring farmer for grazing.
Killinchy is a town land and small village in County Down located on the west bank of Strangford Lough. The village sits on a hill overlooking Strangford Lough. For fine cuisine, quaint places to stay and boutique little shops, this village is a hidden gem. The Crafty Fox - a one-stop shop for craft supplies and bespoke hand crafted gifts - is another 'must visit' in the area. It also runs a range of courses for those that like to do it themselves. Home to Balloo House and the Poacher's Pocket, Killinchy is a foodie haven. Balloo House is an award-winning restaurant and beautiful country pub with a rich history. The hugely successful Poacher's Pocket restaurant in Killinchy oozes modern country charm. This Michelin recommended restaurant provides great tasting food and even better portions. It even boasts its own artisan food and wine shop Also of note is Daft Eddies, a family-run restaurant and bar with contemporary interiors, lough-view terrace and innovative cuisine.
Killinchy provides visitors with water sports and walking routes that pass through the picturesque village such as the Ulster Way. Yachting is on offer at East Down Yacht club and at the Strangford yacht club. Sketrick marine centre offers sailing and powerboat courses for beginners and improvers.
- ENTRANCE PORCH:
- Oak entrance door
- RECEPTION HALL:
- Stone tiled floor, vaulted oak tongue and groove ceiling and four porthole windows
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 6.93m x 5.94m (22' 9" x 19' 6")
Sandstone fireplace surround with brass canopy and dog grate with baby brick surround and slate hearth. Sliding patio doors to terrace with views over the garden and lake. Bookcases with concealed walk in bar (butlers sink and cupboards)
- Stairs down to lower level
- STORE ROOM:
- 3.25m x 2.25m (10' 8" x 7' 5")
- MASTER BEDROOM:
- 6.02m x 5.49m (19' 9" x 18' 0")
Built in bedroom furniture comprising wardrobes, cupboards and dressing table. Sliding doors to balcony with views over gardens towards lake.
- MASTER DRESSING ROOM:
- 3.m x 1.4m (9' 10" x 4' 7")
Wardrobes with sliding mirrored doors
- MASTER ENSUITE BATHROOM:
- 3.5m x 3.m (11' 6" x 9' 10")
Corner bath with jets, large shower enclosure, vanity unit, bidet and low flush toilet. Heated towel rail, cork tiled floor and views over the garden.
- LIVING ROOM/BEDROOM 3
- 4.8m x 4.42m (15' 9" x 14' 6")
Victorian fireplace surround with cast iron and tiled inset, open fire and original tiled hearth. Recessed book shelves
- DINING ROOM:
- 4.42m x 4.29m (14' 6" x 14' 1")
Original tiled floor and vaulted pine ceiling with exposed trusses, original cottage fireplace
- 2.13m x 1.52m (7' 0" x 5' 0")
Original tiled floor, door to cottage garden
- BEDROOM (2):
- 4.42m x 3.05m (14' 6" x 10' 0")
Aspect to front.
- ENSUITE BATHROOM:
- 4.5m x 2.2m (14' 9" x 7' 3")
Coloured suite comprising bath with mixer tap and tiled surround, shower enclosure, bidet, pedestal wash hand basin and low flush toilet. Cork tiled floor and PVC door to outside
- 5.33m x 3.53m (17' 6" x 11' 7")
Range of light oak built in units with composite worktops and inset twin sinks with mixer tap. Integrated double oven, 4 ring gas hob and 4 ring electric hob, extractor canopyand plumbing for dishwasher. Recessed spot lights and oak flooring. Opening through to –
- UTILITY ROOM:
- 3.53m x 3.05m (11' 7" x 10' 0")
Single drainer stainless steel sink unit, built in units, plumbing for washing machine and secondary dishwasher, space for fridge freezer and tumbler dryer. Tiled floor and door to outside
- 5.94m x 5.74m (19' 6" x 18' 10")
Oak flooring, recessed spot lights and French doors to garden
- GAMES ROOM;
- 8.61m x 5.99m (28' 3" x 19' 8")
French doors to garden. This impressive room would lend itself to conversion to additional bedroom accommodation or indeed a self contained unit or office
- STORE ROOM:
- 3.71m x 3.35m (12' 2" x 11' 0")
Tiled shower area
- INTEGRAL GARAGE:
- 13.m x 7.m (42' 8" x 22' 12")
Electric up and over door, sink, oil fired boiler, Megaflow water tank and canister for vacuum system
- Private gravel laneway leading to generous parking area with stone walling and archway. The grounds are informally laid out in lawns, patios, meadowland, mature trees and shrubs. There is a vegetable garden and greenhouse. The lawns lead down to the lake where a wooden footbridge leads over to the island. The lake is under shared ownership. Natural hedgerows divide the gardens from the fields beyond which are currently let out for grazing.
- STONE OUTBUILDINGS
- X 2 suitable for use as stabling, studio, further accommodation or storage.
Heading out of Comber Square on Killinchy Street, take the 2nd exit onto the Killinchy Road. Head towards Balloo and pass through the crossroads and take right into Thornyhill Road. Take right into Holly Park Road and follow road and property will be located on the right.
Area Price Tracker
Unless otherwise stated, all content in this section is copyright of PropertyPal 2019, and all rights are reserved. The contents of this section, ether in whole or in part, may not be reproduced, stored or transmitted without prior written permission from PropertyPal.
This section has been prepared by PropertyPal for general guidance on matters of interest only, and does not constitute professional advice. You should not act upon the information contained in this section without obtaining specific professional advice. No representation or warranty (express or implied) is given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this section.
It is a condition of PropertyPal allowing you free access to this section that you accept that PropertyPal, its clients, employees and agents do not accept or assume any liability, responsibility or duty of care for any consequences of you or anyone else acting, or refraining to act, in reliance on the information contained in this section or for any decision based on it.
Note: Data is compiled by PropertyPal using data from the official NI House Price Index publication, released by Land & Property Services in conjunction with the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency, and supplemented with data collected by PropertyPal. The NI House Price Index can be accessed here.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Notes can only be seen by you and any pals you have added, they cannot be viewed by the vendor or estate agent.
How much will it cost?
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Featured Listing
Get one boost to the top of the search results every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 2: Premier Listing
Get an automatic boost to the top of the search results every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »