- Additional Information
- Several different house designs and layouts to choose from
- Generous sites with views over surrounding woodland and countryside to Castle Ward
- A variety of Georgian style granite door surrounds and fanlights to the main entrance doors
- Hardwood double glazed sliding sash window frames with granite window sills
- Oil fired central heating system (under floor to ground floor and conventional radiators upstairs)
- Generous allowances towards personal choice of kitchen, sanitary ware and fireplace surrounds
- Excellent standard of internal joinery to include four or six panelled internal doors, deep moulded skirting boards and architraves and elaborate staircases.
- High ceilings, some with plaster cornicing
- Moulded Aluminium guttering and downpipes
- Matching Garages, gardens sown in grass with granite flagstone paths and pea gravel driveways
The Earls of Kildare have been connected to Strangford for several hundred years. Their descendants have added much to the delightful coastal village over the centuries and are now responsible for the development of sympathetically designed homes that form Kildare Park and The Strawberry Fields. The houses have been thoughtfully designed to complement the existing architecture in the village and occupy generous sites positioned around a formal landscaped area.
These are properties that are sure to add to the beauty and life of the village and will doubtless last the test of time Kildare Park is a smart Georgian style development of a small number of stylish homes. This is a quiet and private location with views over beautiful mature surroundings including the de-Ros Estate and Castle Ward. The concept of Kildare Park is that it is very much part of the village. Amenities in and around Strangford include a good range of shops, a primary school, churches, restaurants, bars, a bus service and of course the ferry to the neighbouring village of Portaferry.
There are endless opportunities to enjoy the fresh air with a number of accessible walks from where you can enjoy the ever-changing views over the Lough. The National Trust estate of Castle Ward is just up the road as are beaches, castles and a sailing club. For golfers there are a number of challenging courses within a short drive. Strangford is a friendly village offering a lifestyle which appeals to those who enjoy the outdoors, beautiful surroundings, good locally sourced food, traditional music and much more. The town of Downpatrick is approximately a 10 minute drive away and Belfast can be reached in approximately 45 minutes making Strangford within commuting distance for those who work in the city.
The superior quality of the design, materials and workmanship is apparent throughout Kildare Park. Period style street lighting and granite kerbing have been used and the communal landscaped areas will be regularly maintained at no extra cost to the residents. The homes at Kildare Park offer a variety of layouts to suit different requirements and the good sized gardens will soon mature and enhance the already attractive appearance of the houses and the development.
To begin to appreciate these fine homes in what must surely rank as one of Northern Ireland's most attractive and well finished developments and to get a taste of the lifestyle on offer; you are encouraged to view at your convenience and by appointment.