- Additional Information
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- Stunning Des Ewing Designed Home Set Behind Private Walls With Electric Gates
- Magnificent Site With Landscaped Gardens, Extensive Outside Lighting And Panoramic Views Over Belfast Lough
- Superbly Appointed Accommodation With A Layout Adaptable To Differing Family Requirements
- Impressive Reception Hall With Cloakroom Which Is Open To Formal Dining Room
- Drawing Room With Feature Fireplace
- Dining And Living Area With Double Height Ceiling And Windows With Door To Balcony Overlooking Lough Open To
- Living Room With Sliding Doors To Rear Entertaining Patio And Separate Study
- Stunning Hand Built Kitchen With 4 Oven Aga And Aga Companion With 4 Ring Gas Hob And 2 Ovens, Built In Appliances And Breakfast Bar
- Cool Room And Separate Utility Room
- Lower Ground Floor With Large Open Hallway Ideal For Playroom / Consulting Area
- Four Double Bedrooms, Two With Ensuite Shower Rooms And Dressing Areas And A Family Bathroom With Bath And Shower
- Master Suite On The First Floor With Living Area, Two Balconies, Full Bathroom And Open Shower And Extensive Dressing Room
- Further Double Bedroom With Balcony And Separate Shower Room
- Carport Leading To Boathouse/Garage With Stairs To A Further Room Including Shower Room Suitable for Nanny/Aupair
- Superb Views Over Gardens To Belfast Lough From All Rooms
- Full Double Glazing, Oil Fired Underfloor Central Heating, Beam Vacuum System
- Security Alarm System Installed
- Landscaped Low Maintenance Gardens With Several Patio Areas, Parking, Lawns And Flowerbeds
- Convenient To RNIYC, RBGC, Culloden Spa, Holywood And Ideal For The City Commuter
Additional InformationOccupying undoubtedly one of the finest addresses and settings in Cultra, this magnificent home enjoys both privacy and superb views from its elevated setting across Belfast Lough to the County Antrim shoreline.
This unique home was designed by popular architect Des Ewing in 1999, and provides substantial accommodation set over 3 floors built by MG Construction.
The location benefits from the many attributes and facilities of the immediate area including seclusion and tranquillity, yet also the convenience to Holywood, Bangor and Belfast. The main Bangor Road is easily accessed via the traffic lights at the nearby Culloden Hotel, and the Cultra Railway Halt is within a few minutes walk providing a regular service for the commuter. Royal North of Ireland Yacht Club, Royal Belfast Golf Club and pleasant coastal walks are all available within minutes.
The property occupies an elevated site with delightful landscaped gardens laid in well tended lawns, mature trees and shrubs and a wrap around driveway with an abundance of parking and turning space. There is a carport connecting to a boathouse with large store / garage on the ground floor and stairs to an office/ playroom / consulting room with separate shower facilities.
The accommodation is of generous proportions and also provides a layout adaptable to differing family requirements.
Undoubtedly, the combination of the unique setting of this home, and the quality, style and accommodation that is offered within will render it as one of the most important houses in Cultra.
- Solid granite steps with wrought iron railing up to hardwood double opening front doors with glazed panels leading into...
- ENTRANCE PORCH:
- Natural stone tiled floor. Corniced ceiling. Hardwood inner double opening vestibule door with side panels leading into...
- ENTRANCE HALL:
- Solid stone tiled floor. Open to...
- FORMAL DINING ROOM:
- 4.5m x 3.48m (14' 9" x 11' 5")
Natural stone tiled floor. Corniced ceiling. Mood lighting settings. Double picture windows overlooking gardens, Belfast Lough and the Co. Antrim hills and beyond.
- FORMAL DRAWING ROOM:
- 6.81m x 4.11m (22' 4" x 13' 6")
Solid Irish beechwood floor. Detailed corniced ceiling. Multi function light system. Natural stone fireplace with mantle piece, hearth, cast iron dog basket and inset gas fire. Picture windows overlooking gardens, Belfast Lough and the Co. Antrim hills and beyond.
- REAR ENTRANCE HALL:
- Natural stone tiled floor. Beaded ceiling. Low voltage lighting.
- Natural stone tiled floor. Low flush WC. Half panelled walls. Built-in open and concealed storage. Feature contemporary wash hand basin with wooden rice bowl sink and mixer taps over. Partly tiled walls.
- 9.65m x 5.51m (31' 8" x 18' 1")
at widest points.
Kitchen Area: Excellent selection of high and low level hand built solid wooden drawers, cupboards, glazed display cabinets and polished granite work tops. Inset 1.5 bowl sink with granite drainer, swan neck tap and waste disposal. Raised breakfast bar finished in Irish beechwood with provision for approximately 6 seats. Partly tiled walls. Corniced ceiling. Low voltage lighting. Oil fired double Aga with double hotplate, plate warmer, electric oven and gas hob for summer use. Low voltage lighting. Fitted Bosch dishwasher. Side built-in storage with granite trim. Door to walk-in cool room 6' 2" x 4' 4" (1.88m x 1.32m) with excellent range of shelving. Natural stone floor throughout.
Casual Dining Area: Ample seating for 8-10 seater dining table and chairs. Open to...
Living Area: Double height ceiling extending to 20' 0" (6.1m) with open pine beam rafters and eaves ceiling. Open to first floor minstrel gallery. Triple height full width windows overlooking gardens and Belfast Lough. Sliding door to crescent balcony with seating and BBQ area. Television point and lighting over.
- 3.23m x 2.84m (10' 7" x 9' 4")
Corniced ceiling. Low voltage lighting. Panoramic views over Belfast Lough.
- SITTING ROOM:
- 6.63m x 4.34m (21' 9" x 14' 3")
Accessed via three double opening hardwood doors. Natural stone fireplace, mantle piece and hearth with natural brick inset, open dog basket and gas fire. Feature curved glazed wall overlooking kitchen area. Panoramic views over Belfast Lough. Windows to side garden with shutters. Sliding glazed door to morning sun patio and BBQ area.
- REAR HALLWAY:
- Corniced ceiling. Extensive cloakroom and storage area. Door to...
- LAUNDRY ROOM:
- 3.45m x 2.54m (11' 4" x 8' 4")
Natural stone floor. Plumbed for two washing machines. Dryer. Roll edge work tops and shaker style hand built wooden cupboard, drawers and shelves. Feature Belfast style sink with mixer taps and wooden trim. Two pulley lines for clothes drying. Partly tiled walls.
- DRESSING ROOM:
- 5.31m x 4.95m (17' 5" x 16' 3")
at widest points. Natural stone tiled floor. Eaves ceiling with exposed beam and feature roof lantern. Excellent range of built-in wardrobes, shelves, drawers and cupboard. Exceptional storage space. Door to...
- MASTER BEDROOM OPEN TO SITTING AREA:
- 8.59m x 3.43m (28' 2" x 11' 3")
Bedroom Area: New England style eaves ceiling with exposed beams. Natural stone tiled floor. Double window overlooking Belfast Lough and the Co. Antrim hills and beyond.
Living Area: Space for sofa and vanity changing area. Natural stone tiled floor. Double opening doors to crescent balcony overlooking front with fitted shutters.
- FURTHER DRESSING AREA:
- 5.36m x 4.11m (17' 7" x 13' 6")
Dressing area with excellent selection of cupboards, drawers and shelves. Natural stone tiled floor. Open storage. Glazed display units. Access to...
- MASTER BATHROOM:
- Feature deep fill panelled bath with centre taps and telephone hand shower and tiled splash back. Two wash hand basins with mixer taps and storage under. Bidet. Low flush WC with concealed cistern and marble trim. Open wet room style shower area with curved glass brick wall and tiled walls. Heated towel rail. Natural stone tiled floor. New England style ceiling.
- Glazed double opening door to ornamental balcony overlooking living room and feature windows with views over Belfast Lough.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 4.32m x 5.38m (14' 2" x 17' 8")
Solid wooden floor. Exposed beams with natural wood panelling. Low voltage lighting. Double opening doors to balcony with wrought iron railings and Belfast Lough.
- SHOWER ROOM:
- Pedestal wash hand basin with storage over and granite trim. Low flush WC. Fully tiled shower cubicle with steam shower function. Heated towel rail. Fully tiled walls. Natural stone tiled floor. Exposed rafters. Velux window.
- BOX ROOM:
- 3.15m x 3.84m (10' 4" x 12' 7")
Excellent open storage and eaves storage with light and power.
- Stairs leading down to...
Lower Ground Floor
- RECEPTION AREA:
- 5.05m x 3.84m (16' 7" x 12' 7")
Corniced ceiling. Double opening hardwood glazed panelled doors to rear gardens and patio area. Under stairs storage cupboard.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 6.53m x 6.6m (21' 5" x 21' 8")
at widest points. Corniced ceiling. Low voltage lighting. Views across Belfast Lough to the Co. Antrim hills. Double built-in wardrobes with excellent shelving and hanging space.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- Low flush WC. Wash hand basin with mixer taps. Open wet room style shower, fully tiled with thermostatic shower. Heated towel rail. Built-in open storage with tiled surround. Low voltage lighting. Extractor fan.
- BEDROOM (4):
- 4.6m x 3.48m (15' 1" x 11' 5")
Corniced ceiling. Low voltage lighting.
- FAMILY BATHROOM:
- Ceramic tiled floor. Partly tiled walls. Panelled bath with mixer taps and telephone hand shower. Heated towel rail. Low flush WC. Wash hand basin in feature concealed unit with built-in storage and natural stone work top. Fully tiled shower cubicle with thermostatic shower. Low voltage lighting.
- WALK-IN LINEN ROOM:
- Excellent open storage and concealed storage.
- BEDROOM (5):
- 4.65m x 3.48m (15' 3" x 11' 5")
Corniced ceiling. Views over Belfast Lough and the Co. Antrim hills and beyond. Low voltage lighting.
- BEDROOM (6):
- 6.5m x 6.6m (21' 4" x 21' 8")
at widest points. Corniced ceiling. Feature light well. Low voltage lighting. Double built-in wardrobes with hanging and shelving space. Concealed dressing area. Door to...
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- Low flush WC. Wash hand basin in vanity unit with built-in storage and open storage. Natural stone top and built-in mirror. Fully tiled walls. Stone tiled floor. Low voltage lighting. Wet room style shower with thermostatic shower.
- Approached by private screened wall with natural brick top, double entrance pillars and electric gates leading into wrap around driveway with solid granite trim with extensive parking and turning space. Mature gardens laid in lawns with a colourful array of flowerbeds with shrubs, plants and mature trees. Range of patios for morning, afternoon and evening sun. Two storage sheds. Carport with door to garage. Pedestrian access to Circular Road West via secure gate. Bin store area. Outside tap and lighting. Stunning views across Belfast Lough and the Co. Antrim hills.
- 5.36m x 6.91m (17' 7" x 22' 8")
Built-in storage room. Double opening doors. Oil fired central heating boiler. Beam vacuum outlet. Light and power. Alarm. Stairs up to...
- ANNEX/PLAYROOM/STUDY/CONSULTING ROOM:
- Door to...
- MAIN ROOM:
- 6.78m x 5.21m (22' 3" x 17' 1")
at widest points. Exposed beam ceiling. Door overlooking forecourt with railing to front. Velux window. Tiled floor.
- SHOWER ROOM:
- Fully tiled shower cubicle with thermostatic shower. Low flush WC. Pedestal wash hand basin. Light and power. Tiled floor.
Travel from the Culloden Hotel down Cultra Station Road, Circular Road West is on the left hand side.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
How much will it cost?
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Boost It Back
Increase views of your property with a single boost back up the natural listings.
Option 2: Featured Listing
Get one Boost It Back every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 3: Premier Listing
Get an automatic Boost It Back every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »