- Additional Information
- Area Price Tracker
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- Period Detached Family Home
- Sought After Location with Views to Belfast Lough from Rear
- Occupies Generous Site with Southerly and Westerly Aspect
- Walking Distance of Local Schools and Vibrant High Street
- Four Well Proportioned Bedrooms Including En Suite Shower Room
- Family Bathroom with White Suite and Stylish Tiling Detail
- Drawing Room with Bay Window, Wooden Flooring and Opening to Rear Patio and Garden
- Dining Room with Attractive Period Fireplace and Wooden Flooring
- Separate Family Room
- Fitted Kitchen with Further Scope to Extend to the Rear Subject to Usual Planning Permissions
- Ground Floor WC
- Ample Driveway Parking Leading to Attached Garage
- Mature Rear Gardens Laid in Lawns with Paved Patio Areas, Ideal for Outdoor Entertaining or Children at Play and Benefitting from the Best of the Sun's Path and Evening Sunsets
- Excellent Convenience to the City Commuter via Main Arterial Routes
- Within Walking Distance of Holywood Railway Halt
- Ten to Fifteen Minutes' Drive of George Best City Airport and City Centre
Additional InformationThis double bay fronted period family home occupies a prime position along Ardlee Avenue with well proportioned grounds incorporating off-road driveway parking, attached garage and good sized private rear gardens with south westerly aspect enjoying the best of the daytime sunshine and evening sunset. Ardlee runs between Downshire Road and My Lady's Mile within the heart of Holywood. This is a prestigious tree lined avenue is within walking distance of the town's vibrant High Street and many amenities, shops, boutiques and restaurants and an excellent range of schools for all ages. This is a tranquil location that offers ease of access to the city commuter via main arterial routes whilst Holywood railway halt is also within walking distance. Belfast city centre and the George Best City Airport are within ten or fifteen minutes' drive.
Well presented throughout, the emphasis is on bright and spacious accommodation with high ceilings and retaining much of the character and charm of properties associated within, in this era. Four well proportioned bedrooms to the first floor are complimented on the ground floor with a drawing room, with bay window, and opening to the rear patio and garden, separate dining room and family room.
Property within this location rarely presents itself to the open market and with high demand for family homes we feel this property will create instant interest.
- Hardwood front door, double glazed and leaded top lights and side lights.
- RECEPTION PORCH:
- With black and white tiled floor, cornice ceiling and wall panelling, feature stained glass inner door with side lights and top light.
- SPACIOUS RECEPTION ROOM:
- Cornice ceiling, solid oak wooden flooring, polished turn newel post and spindle staircase to first floor, storage cupboard under stairs.
- With white suite comprising: low flush WC, vanity unit, wash hand basin with chrome mixer taps and tiled splashback, cabinets below, solid oak wooden flooring.
- DINING ROOM:
- 5.31m x 3.76m (17' 5" x 12' 4")
Cornice ceiling, picture rail, solid oak wooden flooring, carved mahogany fireplace surround, tiled inset and hearth.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 7.54m x 3.61m (24' 9" x 11' 10")
Solid oak wooden flooring, carved polished mahogany fireplace surround, tiled inset and hearth, open fire, mature outlook to front and glazed French doors to rear patio and garden.
- FAMILY ROOM:
- 3.76m x 3.25m (12' 4" x 10' 8")
Oak laminate wooden floor, picture rail, cornice ceiling, outlook to rear garden, built-in butler's pantry.
- 3.53m x 2.79m (11' 7" x 9' 2")
Range of built-in maple Shaker units, built-in glazed display cabinet, laminate work surface and upstand, four ring ceramic hob, double ovens below, stainless steel extractor hood, part tiled walls, plumbed for washing machine, single drainer stainless steel sink unit, cherry wood solid wooden flooring, built-in pantry shelving, glazed access door to patio and garden.
- With hotpress, built-in shelving and radiator.
- BEDROOM (1):
- 5.33m x 3.78m (17' 6" x 12' 5")
Cornice ceiling, picture rail, mature outlook to front.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 3.91m x 3.73m (12' 10" x 12' 3")
Mature outlook to front.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- White suite comprising: low flush WC, floating wash hand basin, fully tiled built-in shower cubicle with thermostatically controlled shower unit, extractor fan.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 3.61m x 3.38m (11' 10" x 11' 1")
Picture rail, cornice ceiling, outlook to rear garden with excellent views across Belfast Lough to Antrim coastline.
- BEDROOM (4):
- 3.71m x 2.08m (12' 2" x 6' 10")
Currently used as dressing room, fitted for hanging and shelving with drawer units and dresser, mature outlook to rear garden and views across Belfast Lough to the Antrim coastline, hatch to roofspace.
- With Victorian white suite comprising: low flush WC, pedestal wash hand basin, cast iron panelled bath, fully tiled splashback and wood panelled walls, built-in uPVC panelled shower cubicle with thermostatically controlled shower unit.
- Mature rear gardens laid in lawns, paved patio areas, mature shrubs and planting, well orientated for sun's path with southerly aspect to side, outbuildings including large garden store and additional storeroom with Megaflow pressurised water cylinder, tarmac driveway, ample parking, wrought iron gates, garage attached to side.
Travelling from Holywood High Street up Downshire Road take the third turning on the right into Ardlee Avenue. Number 17 is on the right hand side.
Area Price Tracker
Unless otherwise stated, all content in this section is copyright of PropertyPal 2019, and all rights are reserved. The contents of this section, ether in whole or in part, may not be reproduced, stored or transmitted without prior written permission from PropertyPal.
This section has been prepared by PropertyPal for general guidance on matters of interest only, and does not constitute professional advice. You should not act upon the information contained in this section without obtaining specific professional advice. No representation or warranty (express or implied) is given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this section.
It is a condition of PropertyPal allowing you free access to this section that you accept that PropertyPal, its clients, employees and agents do not accept or assume any liability, responsibility or duty of care for any consequences of you or anyone else acting, or refraining to act, in reliance on the information contained in this section or for any decision based on it.
Note: Data is compiled by PropertyPal using data from the official NI House Price Index publication, released by Land & Property Services in conjunction with the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency, and supplemented with data collected by PropertyPal. The NI House Price Index can be accessed here.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Notes can only be seen by you and any pals you have added, they cannot be viewed by the vendor or estate agent.
11th Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Featured Listing
Get one boost to the top of the search results every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 2: Premier Listing
Get an automatic boost to the top of the search results every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »