- Additional Information
- Area Price Tracker
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Charming detached property, dating back to the 1700's on circa 4 acre secluded site
- Views over Countryside to Strangford Lough and Mourne mountains
- Flexible and adaptable accommodation
- Potential to rent out annex or ideal for live in family members
- Attractive stone outbuildings currently used as kennels with outdoor runs (currently a thriving business) with underfloor heating
- Superb site with lawns, pebbled drive and turning space, mature trees and hedges
- Secluded courtyard with artificial grass and raised deck area
- Three bedrooms, master with luxury ensuite
- Kitchen with a good range of units and Lough views
- Living room with vaulted ceiling and multi fuel stove
- Own door access if necessary
- Living room and kitchen
- Three bedrooms
- Bathroom and ground floor cloakroom
Additional InformationCharming detached residence, originally dating back to the 1700's, set on a private site of circa 4 acres with views to Strangford Lough and the Mourne Mountains.
This hidden gem will suit a variety of purchasers and in particular those wanting to avail of a high degree of privacy with beautiful countryside and lough views. The present owners have maintained and enhanced the property and currently it is partly operated as a successful boarding kennel business. Due to the spacious accommodation there is obvious rental potential either on a long term or short term basis situated in an area of outstanding Natural Beauty with access to Strangford Lough and various beaches nearby.
There are numerous features throughout the property, too many to go into at length and we strongly recommend viewing to appreciate all that is on offer. Some of the highlights include the dining kitchen with views to the Lough, a magnificent living room with vaulted ceiling and an impressive master bedroom with luxury ensuite facilities. The annex offers separate accommodation, ideal for those wanting to achieve an additional income or for live at home relatives with three bedrooms, a kitchen and two reception rooms. Externally the property has been well cared for with patio areas, a secluded courtyard and raised deck area designed to make the most of the countryside and lough views.
This is a rare opportunity to acquire a unique property with great versatility and adaptability in a secluded location with ease of access to Newtownards, Bangor and the Ards Peninsula. Viewing is strictly by appointment
- Wood effect front door.
- ENTRANCE PORCH:
- Ceramic tiled floor, wood panelled walls, hardwood inner door.
- RECEPTION HALL:
- 4.6m x 4.42m (15' 1" x 14' 6")
Ceramic tiled floor, feature brick fireplace and hearth, multi fuel stove and back boiler.
- DINING ROOM:
- 3.76m x 3.2m (12' 4" x 10' 6")
Solid oak floor, cast iron fireplace and tiled hearth, French door to courtyard.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 4.88m x 4.44m (16' 0" x 14' 7")
Wood block flooring, brick fireplace, multi fuel stove, exposed beams, recessed low voltage spotlights, French doors to courtyard, half wood panelled walls.
- DINING KITCHEN:
- 4.57m x 3.89m (15' 0" x 12' 9")
Excellent range of high and low level units, wood work surfaces, inset Belfast sink unit with mixer tap, Stanley cooker (linked to heating) 2 ring gas hob, integrated dishwasher, plate rack, concealed downlighters, slate floor.
- INNER HALLWAY:
- Wood effect tiled floor.
- BEDROOM (1):
- 3.43m x 2.59m (11' 3" x 8' 6")
- White suite comprising: low flush WC, pedestal wash hand basin, fully tiled shower cubicle with independent electric shower unit, wood panelled bath, fully tiled walls, wood effect tiled floor, chrome heated towel rail.
- Low flush WC, wood effect tiled floor.
- UTILITY ROOM:
- 1.93m x 1.37m (6' 4" x 4' 6")
Plumbed for washing machine, wood effect tiled floor, uPVC rear door.
- Feature seating area.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 5.m x 2.92m (16' 5" x 9' 7")
Built in robe, views to Strangford Lough and the Mournes, additional built in robes, access to floored roofspace with lighting.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 5.03m x 3.99m (16' 6" x 13' 1")
At widest points. Solid oak flooring, views to Strangford Lough and the Mournes.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- Luxury white suite comprising: Low flush WC, semi pedestal wash hand basin with waterfall mixer tap, walk in shower cubicle with thermostatically controlled shower unit, rain shower head and telephone hand shower attachment, fully tiled walls, tiled floor, views to Strangford Lough.
- Link to Guest Accommodation
- UTILITY ROOM:
- 5.28m x 1.93m (17' 4" x 6' 4")
Ceramic tiled floor, Belfast sink unit, plumbed for washing machine, door to garden.
- LIVING ROOM:
- 5.28m x 3.53m (17' 4" x 11' 7")
Ceramic tiled floor, multi fuel stove (linked to heating).
- INNER HALLWAY:
- Stone floor.
- Low flush WC, pedestal wash hand basin, stone floor.
- DINING KITCHEN:
- 5.56m x 3.86m (18' 3" x 12' 8")
Excellent range of high and low level units, wood effect work surfaces, bowl and a quarter single drainer stainless steel sink unit with mixer taps, 4 ring ceramic hob, extractor fan, built in double oven, plumbed for dishwasher, stone floor, French doors to:
- 3.73m x 2.95m (12' 3" x 9' 8")
- Excellent range of built in wardrobes.
- MASTER BEDROOM:
- 4.29m x 2.84m (14' 1" x 9' 4")
Full length built in mirror fronted Sliderobes, views to Strangford Lough and the Mournes.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 4.04m x 3.4m (13' 3" x 11' 2")
Built in robes, views over Lough and Mournes.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 3.07m x 2.54m (10' 1" x 8' 4")
Half wood panelled walls, built in robe.
- White suite comprising: Low flush WC, pedestal wash hand basin with mixer tap, panelled bath with mixer tap and independent electric shower unit, shower screen door, built in robe.
- STONE KENNEL BLOCK:
- Under floor heating.
- 3.12m x 2.67m (10' 3" x 8' 9")
- Low flush WC, wash hand basin.
- 2.77m x 2.44m (9' 1" x 8' 0")
- STORE AREA:
- Doors to :
- GYM AREA:
- 4.06m x 3.35m (13' 4" x 11' 0")
Laminate wood floor.
- Extensive garden in lawns with mature trees and shrubs with total site extending to circa 4 acres. Pebbled driveway and parking space for several cars.
Secluded site close to Strangford Lough with ease of access to varied beaches on the Ard's Peninsula
Newtownards: approx. 13 miles
Bangor: approx. 17 miles
Portaferry: 6 miles
Area Price Tracker
Unless otherwise stated, all content in this section is copyright of PropertyPal 2019, and all rights are reserved. The contents of this section, ether in whole or in part, may not be reproduced, stored or transmitted without prior written permission from PropertyPal.
This section has been prepared by PropertyPal for general guidance on matters of interest only, and does not constitute professional advice. You should not act upon the information contained in this section without obtaining specific professional advice. No representation or warranty (express or implied) is given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this section.
It is a condition of PropertyPal allowing you free access to this section that you accept that PropertyPal, its clients, employees and agents do not accept or assume any liability, responsibility or duty of care for any consequences of you or anyone else acting, or refraining to act, in reliance on the information contained in this section or for any decision based on it.
Note: Data is compiled by PropertyPal using data from the official NI House Price Index publication, released by Land & Property Services in conjunction with the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency, and supplemented with data collected by PropertyPal. The NI House Price Index can be accessed here.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Notes can only be seen by you and any pals you have added, they cannot be viewed by the vendor or estate agent.
How much will it cost?
17th Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Featured Listing
Get one boost to the top of the search results every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 2: Premier Listing
Get an automatic boost to the top of the search results every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »