- Additional Information
- Area Price Tracker
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- Beautifully Renovated Large Detached Farm Cottage Dating Back to the Early 18th Century
- Exceptionally Well Presented with Tasteful Internal Décor Throughout
- Delightful Rural Views From all Aspects
- The Property is Secluded and Approached via Private Laneway with Site Encompassing c.2.5 Acres of Gardens, Paddock and Woodland
- Four First Floor Bedrooms
- Large Kitchen/Dining/Living Space Opening to the Gardens with Aga Range
- Separate Boot Room/Laundry Room
- Multi Media Cinema Room
- Family Room with Natural Brick Fireplace and Woodburning Stove
- Large Drawing Room/Dining Room
- Ground Floor Shower Room
- First Floor Bathroom
- Double Glazed
- Pressurised Oil Fired Heating System
- Access via Private Laneway with Automatic Lighting, Security Cameras and Electric Gates
- Large Renovated Barn with Electric Door, Measurements 58' x 46'
- Separate Garage, Log Store and Two Loose Boxes and Paddock
- Fantastic and Rare Opportunity to Acquire Countryside Living with Excellent Convenience to Belfast, Dundonald, Holywood, Bangor and Newtownards
- Within Catchment Area to Range of Local Schools
Additional InformationFairview Farm originally dates back to the early 1700s and is an idyllic property surrounded by a picturesque rural landscape. No longer a working farm, this property has been beautifully renovated with exceptional presentation throughout creating a most comfortable family home with an abundance of character. The main house is a picture postcard whitewashed two storey cottage style dwelling enjoying a secluded position set in 2.5 acres of garden, paddock and woodland. There are views of surrounding rural countryside, Craigantlet Hills and some even as far as Strangford Lough. There is a three bay hay barn with three phase electricity, ideal for a variety of uses including business use subject to usual planning approvals, a separate garage and two loose boxes opening to the paddock.
Internally, the property exudes charm and of particular note is the large kitchen/dining/living space with Aga range, separate boot room, family room with natural brick fireplace, and large drawing or dining room. A multi media room with projector completes the ground floor accommodation with four first floor bedrooms.
Approached via a private lane with automatic lighting, security cameras and electric gates, this property offers privacy combined with excellent convenience. This location is only five minutes from Holywood's town centre and easily accessible to Belmont, Newtownards, Dundonald and Bangor. This is certainly a rare opportunity to acquire countryside living with excellent convenience.
- Composite front door, double glazed inset, double glazed side light to sun porch.
- SUN PORCH:
- With vaulted tongue and groove ceiling and wood panelled walls, ceramic tiled floor, glazed bevelled access door to kitchen, square arch through to boot room.
- KITCHEN/DINING/LIVING SPACE:
- 7.85m x 5.61m (25' 9" x 18' 5")
into square bay
Walnut wooden flooring, bespoke fitted kitchen in range of laminate style units, stainless steel fittings, granite effect work surface, Aga range cooker in black, single drainer ceramic sink unit, brushed stainless steel mixer taps, part tiled walls, built-in glazed display cabinets, pot pan drawer units, integrated Bosch dishwasher, island unit with solid timber work surface with four ring ceramic hob, oven below, built-in casual dining/breakfast bar, recessed LED spotlighting, outlook to gardens and paddock, oak uPVC double glazed French doors to rear patio with outlook to rural countryside, cast iron period style radiators, glazed sliding toker door to family room.
- BOOT ROOM/LAUNDRY/UTILITY ROOM:
- 4.14m x 2.54m (13' 7" x 8' 4")
Ample space for cloaks, fitted for shelving, stainless steel twin single drainer sink units with twin mixer taps, oil fired boiler, plumbed for washing machine, space for dryer, built-in shelving, ceramic tiled floor, chrome heated towel rail, access to multi media/cinema room.
- MULTI MEDIA/CINEMA ROOM:
- 4.83m x 3.91m (15' 10" x 12' 10")
Recessed LED spotlighting, multi media connections and built-in surround sound speaker system with projector.
- FAMILY ROOM:
- 4.6m x 4.01m (15' 1" x 13' 2")
Raised natural brick fireplace, cast iron wood burning stove on raised Heather Brown tiled hearth, sleeper beam mantel, exposed beamed ceiling, staircase to first floor, access through to inner hallway.
- INNER HALLWAY:
- Connecting to boot room, ceramic tiled floor and shower room.
- SHOWER ROOM:
- With white suite comprising: low flush WC, pedestal wash hand basin, chrome mixer taps, built-in fully tiled shower cubicle, thermostatically controlled shower unit, exposed natural stone and brick wall, wall to wall range of built-in storage cupboards, chrome heated towel rail, recessed spotlighting.
- DRAWING ROOM/DINING ROOM:
- 8.92m x 4.27m (29' 3" x 14' 0")
Raised fireplace with cast iron solid fuel burning stove, sleeper beam mantel, Heather Brown tiled hearth, period cast iron style radiators, tri-aspect windows with outlook to front, rear and side, views to rolling countryside and uPVC double glazed sliding doors to patio.
- Period style white suite comprising: low flush WC, pedestal wash hand basin, panelled bath, part wood panelled walls, ceramic tiled floor, built-in shower enclosure, fully tiled with thermostatically controlled shower unit, extractor fan.
- BEDROOM (1):
- 4.44m x 4.14m (14' 7" x 13' 7")
Dual aspect windows with mature outlook to rolling countryside, double built-in robes x two.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 4.19m x 3.45m (13' 9" x 11' 4")
Mature outlook, extensive range of built-in robes and drawer units.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 3.28m x 2.87m (10' 9" x 9' 5")
Mature outlook, hotpress with pressurised water cylinder, wall to wall range of built-in robes and drawer units.
- BEDROOM (4):
- 4.01m x 3.43m (13' 2" x 11' 3")
With mature outlook to gardens and paddock, Velux window, built-in robes.
- 17.75m x 3.51m (58' 3" x 11' 6")
Electric roller door, three phase electricity, partitioned for indoor football and artificial grass, partitioned for two loose boxes accessed at the end of the shed to the paddock.
- 8.23m x 6.4m (27' 0" x 21' 0")
Electric roller door, light and power.
- 3.81m x 2.13m (12' 6" x 7' 0")
- The property is approached along private lane with lighting and sliding gate to property, ample parking and hard standing to front and rear, mature formal gardens laid in lawns with mature planting, shrubs and flowerbeds, patio areas to each side of property with outlook over rolling countryside, light, power, water tap, paddock and woodland, site encompasses circa 2.5 acres.
Travelling from Holywood, continue up Church Road. At the top of Church Road turn left onto Ballymiscaw Road. Continue along Ballymiscaw Road and turn left before Holywood Fuels petrol station. Continue along this lane and turn left into Number 74, located on the left hand side.
Area Price Tracker
Unless otherwise stated, all content in this section is copyright of PropertyPal 2019, and all rights are reserved. The contents of this section, ether in whole or in part, may not be reproduced, stored or transmitted without prior written permission from PropertyPal.
This section has been prepared by PropertyPal for general guidance on matters of interest only, and does not constitute professional advice. You should not act upon the information contained in this section without obtaining specific professional advice. No representation or warranty (express or implied) is given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this section.
It is a condition of PropertyPal allowing you free access to this section that you accept that PropertyPal, its clients, employees and agents do not accept or assume any liability, responsibility or duty of care for any consequences of you or anyone else acting, or refraining to act, in reliance on the information contained in this section or for any decision based on it.
Note: Data is compiled by PropertyPal using data from the official NI House Price Index publication, released by Land & Property Services in conjunction with the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency, and supplemented with data collected by PropertyPal. The NI House Price Index can be accessed here.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Notes can only be seen by you and any pals you have added, they cannot be viewed by the vendor or estate agent.
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Featured Listing
Get one boost to the top of the search results every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 2: Premier Listing
Get an automatic boost to the top of the search results every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »