- Additional Information
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- A Magnificent Detached Country Residence Of c. 4000 Sq. Ft. Set On A Private And Mature Site Of Around Four Acres
- Handsome Irish Manor House Design Constructed To An Exceptional Specification Approximately Six Years Ago
- Approached By A Long Private Laneway With Mature Native Trees And Traditional Cast Iron Lamps
- Imposing Pillared Entrance With Electric Gates To A Large Parking And Turning Area
- Magnificent Double Height Entrance Hall With A Georgian Style Sweeping Staircase To A Galleried Landing With Stunning Views Over Rolling Countryside From Feature Oriel Window
- Gracious Drawing Room With Italian Marble Fireplace
- Bespoke Traditional Style Handmade Painted Oak Kitchen With Integrated Appliances, Oak Window Seat, Marble Floor And Granite Work Surfaces Open To Living Room With Sandstone Fireplace And Casual Dining Area With Space For Large Table
- Large Sheltered South Facing Rear Terrace Accessed From Dining Hall And Kitchen Ideal For Entertaining
- Four Bedrooms, Two With En Suite (One Full Bathroom), An Opulent Principal Bathroom And Two Downstairs Cloakrooms
- Sophisticated Digital Security And CCTV System
- Oil Fired Underfloor Central Heating Throughout With Solar Panel And Air Exchange System
- Extensive Professionally Landscaped Mature Gardens With Beautiful Lawns, Flowerbeds And Mature Woodland Trees
- Minutes From Bangor, Newtownards And Convenient To North Down And Belfast
Additional InformationThis magnificent detached residence sits on a large, private, mature site within minutes of Greyabbey and approximately 30 minutes drive from Belfast.
Approached by a long, private driveway with ornate streetlamps that leads to private electric entrance gates, one is immediately struck by the standard and design. The spacious accommodation is set over two floors, there are large reception areas ideal for entertaining and a bespoke living kitchen dining room on the ground floor, on the first floor there are four bedrooms, two with ensuite and dressing rooms (one full bathroom) and a stunning family bathroom.
Outside there are landscaped gardens set out with rolling lawns, large terraces and planted flowerbeds, there is ample parking and turning space and a detached garage block with steps up to the 1st floor that has potential for further accommodation if required.
Close Proximity To The Irish Sea and Strangford Lough which is an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and excellent for sailing, water sports and many outdoor activities.
Rarely does a house of this stature and specification become available, please contact our North Down Office to arrange a private appointment to view.
- Bespoke hardwood double doors and Georgian fan light.
- ENTRANCE PORCH:
- Feature curved ceiling, mosaic Victorian style tiled floor, walk in understairs storage cupboard. Glazed double doors to:
- GRAND RECEPTION HALL:
- 4.88m x 8.23m (16' 0" x 27' 0")
French oak parquet flooring. Bespoke carved sweeping staircase with oak handrail leading to Minstrel gallery and vaulted ceiling. Corniced ceiling and ceiling rose. Double oak glazed doors to drawing room. Recessed spotlighting. French doors to rear terrace.
- Traditional style white suite with high level cistern WC and pedestal wash hand basin with period style chrome fittings. Corniced ceiling, ceramic tiled floor.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 6.71m x 6.1m (22' 0" x 20' 0")
Feature Bespoke Italian Carrara marble fireplace with cast iron inset, gas fire, dog grate and slate hearth (can be open fire/flue) corniced ceiling and ceiling rose. Dual aspect over garden and rear terrace.
- KITCHEN/DINING/FAMILY ROOM:
- 8.23m x 6.71m (27' 0" x 22' 0")
Luxury handmade painted oak high and low level units with granite work surfaces. Glazed display cabinets. Oak window seat with views over garden. Central oak island with ceramic sink and waste disposal unit. Built in 'Neff' fridge, dishwasher, combi microwave, fan oven, five ring induction hob, extractor fan. Marble tiled floor. Recessed spotlighting. Corniced ceiling and ceiling rose. French doors to rear terrace.
- FAMILY AREA:
- Carved sandstone fireplace, cast iron inset, gas fire and slate hearth (can also be used as an open fire/flue)
- REAR HALLWAY:
- Marble tiled floor, corniced ceiling. Recessed spotlighting. External door access to side terrace and detached garage.
- UTILITY ROOM:
- 2.77m x 3.96m (9' 1" x 13' 0")
Handmade painted oak high and low level units. Granite work surfaces and sills. Plumbed for washing machine and tumble dryer. Space for American style fridge freezer. Stainless steel sink. Pull out spray mixer tap and waste disposal unit. Recessed spotlighting. Marble tiled floor. Access to roofspace and whole house water filter system.
- Traditional style white suite with high level cistern WC and pedestal wash hand basin with period style chrome fittings. Corniced ceiling. Ceramic tiled floor. Feature tiled wall panel. Recessed spotlighting.
- BOILER/COMMS ROOM:
- Oil fired condensing boiler. Hub for CCTV/Alarm system. Marble tiled floor. Recessed spotlighting.
- MASTER SUITE:
- 6.1m x 4.01m (20' 0" x 13' 2")
Beautiful views to open countryside. Corniced ceiling with recessed spotlighting. Sliding doors to:
- WALK IN DRESSING ROOM:
- Fully fitted range of built in drawers, cupboards, open shelving and hanging space. Marble dressing table and window sill. Recessed spotlighting. Access to roof void.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- Traditional style white suite with low flush WC and pedestal wash hand basin with period chrome fittings. Part mosaic tiled walls. Fully tiled mosaic double shower enclosure with overhead rainfall shower head. Recessed spotlighting. Corniced ceiling. Ceramic tiled floor. Heated towel rail.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 3.68m x 4.72m (12' 1" x 15' 6")
Beautiful views to open countryside. Double built in robes. Corniced ceiling. Recessed spotlighting.
- ENSUITE BATHROOM:
- Traditional style white suite with low flush WC and pedestal wash hand basin with period style chrome fittings, deep fill bath with feature mirrored surround, centre mixer taps and telephone hand shower, separate shower enclosure with electric shower. Fully tiled walls and floors. Recessed spotlighting. Corniced ceiling. Period style heated towel rail/radiator.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 4.93m x 3.12m (16' 2" x 10' 3")
Two double built in robes. Corniced ceiling. Recessed spotlighting. Access to roof void and chandelier hoist.
- BEDROOM (4):
- 3.56m x 2.77m (11' 8" x 9' 1")
(currently used as a study) Recessed spotlighting.
- FAMILY BATHROOM:
- Freestanding hand painted roll top claw foot bath, centre mixer taps and telephone hand shower. Limestone floor and partly tiled walls. Traditional style white low flush WC and pedestal wash hand basin with period style chrome fittings. Corniced ceiling. Recessed spotlighting. Period heated towel rail/radiator.
- Corniced ceiling. Access to roof void. Hotpress with pressurised water system and shelving.
- ROOF VOID:
- Suitable for conversion to 2-3 further bedrooms. Subject to necessary Planning Permission and Building Control Approvals.
- Front driveway laid in decorative stones, accessed via electrically operated gates which also lead to spacious parking and double garage. Large rear south facing terrace and further terrace to the west side of the property. Traditional style cast iron pillar lamps and garden lighting. Gardens extensively landscaped with a mixture of mature woodland trees, lawns and flowerbeds. Boundary hedging, fencing and walls. Privately owned wooded lane (shared with one other property).
- 7.44m x 6.1m (24' 5" x 20' 0")
Double detached garage with twin electric doors. Separate floored space above with light and power accessed via barn style stairs. Potential for playroom/games room/gym. Subject to Planning Permission and Building Control Approvals there is also potential for conversion to office/self contained accommodation ie teenage annex/granny flat.
Travelling along the Portaferry Road out of Newtownards take the Mountstewart Road on the left hand side, continue along the Mountstewart Road which then becomes the Cardy Road and in turn the Dunover Road, the property is situated on the right hand side.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
How much will it cost?
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Boost It Back
Increase views of your property with a single boost back up the natural listings.
Option 2: Featured Listing
Get one Boost It Back every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 3: Premier Listing
Get an automatic Boost It Back every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »