KERNAN HILL ROAD, PORTADOWN
Show Home Open Viewing: By appointment only
- Additional Information
- Contact the Agent
With convenient access to local schools, leisure facilities, shopping and even a hospital on the door step, Drumford Meadow really is an ideal place to live. Access to the M1 and A3 is only a few minutes away or go green with immediate access to a network of cycle paths, playing fields and walk ways. Portadown itself can boast as home to some of N.Irelands leading employers and has a thriving town centre with a mix of shops, cafes, bars and restaurants to tickle all taste buds.
Viewing by appointment with the selling agents.
ABOUT YOUR NEW HOME
The Main Structure:
Walls are of traditional, tried and tested cavity construction. Brick and/or plaster render are used for the external finish topped by a striking black coloured uPVC square edge fascia, barge and soffit. External timber features are painted gloss black to match where applicable. The roof will have a grey coloured, flat concrete tile crowned by a dry fixed ridge tile. Black coloured uPVC hexagonal guttering with square uPVC downpipes compliment the external trim.
Energy saving white uPVC double glazed windows with locking latches (except those deemed emergency escape routes) are standard. White coloured uPVC French doors or aluminium sliding patio doors are fitted where applicable. A low maintenance GRP front door and uPVC rear door with double-glazing complete the external elevation.
Your home will look complete from day 1 - all garden areas will have a front and rear lawn unless otherwise specified or shown on the site layout. Flat top garden edge and treated rail fencing will be erected where applicable. Fencing will include a timber privacy screen between adjoining properties; all other fenced areas will comprise of treated timber posts and rail (approx 900mm high).
Driveways will be approx 10 metres long or from the road kerb to the front elevation of the property, whichever is the greater, and finished in bitmac. Garages (where applicable) are counted as a parking space and may reduce the length of driveways. A coloured pavia brick path will be provided to at least the front and rear elevation with level access to one external door. Pavia patios will have a minimum area of 5.75m2 where applicable. Specified plots may have a facing brick boundary wall subject to planning conditions on site. You can even wash your car and water the plants using the outside tap which is provided as standard!
5” contemporary MDF skirting and 3” contemporary MDF architrave painted gloss white is the perfect trim for each room. Painted MDF cillboard nosed and rebated provide a seamless finish to the windows. This is all complimented by moulded ‘ladder’ style internal doors painted white, with brushed chrome coloured latch furniture. Redwood newel posts and handrails with square balustrades treated with clear preservative where appropriate are incorporated in homes with stairways.
There will be smooth plastered ceilings and a white, insulated, uPVC loft access trap door will be fitted in the relevant area. Ventilation/extractor fans are fitted in the kitchen, bathroom, ensuite (where applicable) and WC.
Energy conservation and running costs are important to all of us so thermal insulation to walls, roof space and habitable areas is provided to achieve a substantial energy saving. A specially designed mains gas central heating system is standard in each home. This will incorporate a boiler and there will be radiators in all main rooms. The system is programme controlled to ensure a performance suitable for most individual requirements and to provide you with a separate hot water supply. Your new home will have a pressurised water system.
For your Peace of Mind:
An intruder alarm is supplied and installed by a NACOSS & NSI approved company. Front and back doors have multi lock systems and all ground floor windows are lockable. Electrically operated smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are installed. For your convenience, external lights are fitted at both the front and back door. The front door will have a door bell.
Every property is registered with the National House Building Council (NHBC) 10 Year warranty and insurance scheme known as Buildmark, the first 2 years of which are directly with Antrim Construction and backed by NHBCs Resolution Service. The NHBC Buildmark cover also provides deposit protection from the point of exchange, and structural defects insurance in years 3-10. More details are available on our website Useful Links page.
Platinum Turnkey Finish:
Did you know you could personalise your new home even before you move in? You could choose tiles, flooring, kitchens, power socket positions and many more features besides. We aim to provide you with an opportunity to get creative and put your stamp on a truly blank canvas. We build many choices and options in as we construct your new home, which means you’ll have access to a wider range, the earlier you reserve. Our team will advise you on the options available on each property when you reserve a new home.
- We install a quality, practical kitchen (choice of door, worktop and handle from a range supplied by ACC Ltd).
- No kitchen is complete without appliances so we supply and fit a 4 ring gas hob and single electric oven complete with stylish extractor canopy, 70/30 integrated fridge freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer. In order to maximise cupboard space, some properties will be fitted with a modern combi washer/dryer where applicable.
- Your bathroom, wc/cloaks and ensuite (where applicable) will have contemporary white sanitary ware with chrome finished fittings. This includes a chrome finished towel radiator in the main bathroom and ensuite (where applicable). Shower cubicles with glass screens will be fitted in the bathroom and ensuite (where applicable). Where a property does not have space for a separate shower cubicle in the main bathroom; we will install a shower over the bath complete with glass screen. Showers will be thermostatic using the propertys heating system.
- Tailor your colour scheme from our extensive choice of quality floor tiles for halls, kitchen, utility, bathroom and ensuite/WC/cloak areas. Where properties have an internal porch plus a hall, the porch will be tiled and the hall will have carpet (see sales staff for details applicable to each property type).
- There is also a similar choice of feature wall tiles for the kitchen, bathroom and ensuite/WC/cloaks splash back areas (see Sales Staff for areas and details relevant to your particular property type). A choice of modern mulit-panel splashback is included in our Platinum finish for each shower.
- A choice of carpet with quality underlay is provided for the lounge, stairs / landing and all bedrooms.
- There will be a wall mounted, glass screen, electric, dancing flame effect fire in the lounge. This will have both heat and/or decorative flame options.
- A generous provision of power points is provided throughout the house and where possible, they will be positioned to suit individual needs. This includes feature down lighting in at least the lounge and kitchen. TV points are provided in all bedrooms and a telephone point is installed beside the lounge TV point and in the smallest bedroom/study.
- And for the finishing touch ceilings will be painted white and the internal walls will be painted one neutral colour throughout.
Additional options may be considered but we can only incorporate them into the property if a binding contract is in existence between all of us at the requisite stage of construction.
Finally, keeping it all ship shape
Landscaped areas have been incorporated to compliment your new home and these areas will require continuing management in the future in order to maintain the quality environment in which you live. For this purpose, Antrim Construction Company Limited has entered into an agreement with a management company. Residents will contribute to this service. The first payment will be made to Antrim Construction Company Limited at the same time.
And now for the 'small' print - it really is the same size as the rest because we want you to be fully informed throughout the buying process:
1. When a site is reserved customers will be granted not less than 6 weeks, known as the Reservation Period, to sign and return the Building Agreements/Contract. Reservations are normally only taken from customers who are in a position to sign a Building Agreement e.g. First time buyer, customer with their own property sale agreed, cash buyer etc. The Reservation Fee is £500 and is non-refundable unless otherwise stated. After the Reservation Period the site may be returned to ‘Available’ status. ACC Ltd reserves the right to sell the property to another customer during the Reservation Period, should that customer be in a better position to sign a Building Agreement. In such instances the original customer will be given not less than 24hrs notice, in which time the Building Agreements must be signed. Upon acceptance of the Building Agreements customers will be expected to pay a £1,000 deposit (via their solicitor). Balance monies are due on completion.
Available – Property for Sale.
Sale Agreed – Holding Fee paid, waiting on signed Building Agreements.
Sold – Under Contract, pending completion.
3. SITE SAFETY – To avoid the risk of serious injury please contact the Site Manager prior to visiting any work in progress on this development.
This specification is for guidance only and may be subject to variation. Although every care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of all information given, these contents do not form part of or constitute a representation, warranty, or part of, any contract. The right is reserved to alter or amend any details.
and that's it for now!