Show Home Open Viewing: By appointment only
- Additional Information
- Contact the Agent
An RICS award–winning development of three bespoke homes set in the beautiful County Antrim countryside.
The Copper Barns are a unique development of three luxury new homes occupying a stunning 4.5–acre rural site overlooking Slemish Mountain and the Braid Valley.
Nestled amongst the trees, old and new collide to create three breathtaking feats of architecture in the Copper Barns.
For in these new homes, award-winning architects McGarry-Moon have skilfully fused both old and new technologies to create sustainable, rural homes that are designed for the 21st century; homes that whilst referencing the original
black stone farmsteads have been dramatically reimagined to create award winning living spaces.
Although each dwelling is completely unique, they share the same architectural language and use a blend of salvaged stone, rheinzink, sustainable timber and glass to create contemporary homes that sit comfortably within their rural setting.
The Copper Barns are truly unique living spaces that are both striking yet subtle in appearance, never detracting from the original stone barns on which they are set.
All three barns are situated within a 4.5-acre, hamlet-style rural setting with uninterrupted views stretching across the Braid Valley, Slemish Mountain and the historic ruins of Skerry Church, perched atop a rocky outcrop and towering above the surrounding fields. Each property also benefits from private gardens and shared land including a wildflower meadow and mature hazel woodland.
The Copper Barns are in a perfect location for those who require a rural home. Known as the Garden Village of Ulster, the beautiful village of Broughshane is not only home to some of the best floral displays in the country; it also has a good selection of local shops, restaurants and pubs, and is just three miles away from the larger town of Ballymena.
AWARDS & PUBLICATIONS
The Copper Barns were conceived and designed by McGarry–Moon Architects Ltd, an award–winning RIBA design–led practice creating exciting contemporary architecture throughout the UK and Ireland. Their architectural design of Loughloughan Barn 01 culminated in a number of prestigious awards and has been prominently featured in architectural magazines worldwide. It also provided inspiration and laid the foundations for the design language that was to be used across the entire Copper Barns project.
RSUA Design Award
Category – Residential – Loughloughan Barn – May 2014
RIBA Regional Small Project Award 2014
Loughloughan Barn – April 2014
RIBA Regional Award 2014
Loughloughan Barn – April 2014
Each barn will be completed as a bespoke project in conjunction with the individual purchaser. As such final specifications can be tailored exclusively to meet your own specific requirements.
- Award winning design
- Architecturally framed views of Slemish mountain, the Braid Valley and Skerry Church
- 10 Year NHBC Warranty
- Option of conventional oil or renewable heating (NB: Barn One is entirely energy passive and benefits from solar hot water and a mechanical heat recovery system)
- Generous electrical specification with pre-wiring for sockets, BT and SKY Plus
- Wifi smart heating controls
- Mains wired smoke, heat detectors and security alarm pre-wiring
- Internal walls and woodwork painted in neutral tones
- High efficiency double glazed hard wood windows and doors
- Private balconies with glass balustrades
- Exterior walls constructed of reclaimed local black stone with rustic brick accents
- Internal skeletal steel frame to support balconies and cantilevered decks
- Maintenance free Rheinzink wall and roof cladding
- Hardwood soffits
- Super insulated and air tightness tested
- Landscaped private gardens, patios and sun terraces
- Feature exterior mood and arrival lighting
- Outside water taps and RCD sockets
- Option of detached garage and car port
- 1/3 ownership of common areas extending to c.4 acres including, wild flower meadow, formal gardens with feature landscaped waterfall, hazel woodland and grass paddock
- A management company will be established and appointed to maintain the common areas
- A generous PC allowance is included for kitchens, bathrooms, tiling and solid fuel stoves