- Additional Information
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- Popular and very convenient location
- Built circa the late 1800s
- Sympathetically extended and modernised
- Finished to an impeccably high standard
- Many original features retained
- Porch with original decorative tiling and leaded stained glass inner door to Hallway with parquet flooring, cornicing and ceiling rose, understairs storage
- Drawing Room with feature bay window, original marble fireplace surround (open fire) with baxi grate, ornate cornicing and ceiling rose
- Dining Room with feature bay window, attractive carved mahogany fireplace, parquet flooring
- Sitting Room with Adam style carved wooden fireplace (open fire), solid oak wood flooring, tailored built in shelving dividing opening to Kitchen-Dining-Living
- Open plan Kitchen-Dining-Living (Bespoke Robinsons kitchen with matching island and range of built in appliances, vaulted ceiling, underfloor heating, built in entertainment system and speakers, sliding door leading to exterior natural stone patio
- Utility with built in storage solutions leading to Cloaks WC
- Six Bedrooms (Four Bedrooms on first floor and Two Bedrooms on second floor)
- Luxury Bathroom / Contemporary Shower Room
- Home Office - Accessed via side garden
- Gas Fired Central Heating
- Timber Garage & Additional Garage / Log Shed & Potting Shed
- Established and mature location
- Ideal for those wishing to commute to Belfast
- Convenient to Newtownards town; many amenities and recreational pursuits
Additional InformationA handsome Scrabo stone, detached residence set on a mature, secluded site located just off the highly regarded Belfast Road. Built in the late 1800s, the property has been sympathetically modernised without detracting from the elegance of the architecture and retaining the warmth and character of properties of this era. A sizeable, matching Scrabo stone and render extension to the rear complements the original fabric of the building yet enhances the internal space. Ideal for modern family living, the layout briefly comprises four reception rooms, an impressive open plan kitchen living dining with floor to ceiling sliding doors leading to the exterior sun terrace plus utility and cloaks WC. Upstairs, are six bedrooms, plus bathroom and shower room. Many of the original features have been retained - notably high ceilings, original cornicing, decorative ceiling roses and beautiful, ornate fireplaces. Overall, the property has been finished to an impeccably high standard and the attention to detail is most evident. Externally, the property includes a Home Office, timber garage, additional garage plus log shed and potting shed. The site extends to approximately 0.5 acres of beautiful, well-tended mature gardens. An established mature location combining the concept of modern family living along with the convenience of Newtownards' many amenities and recreational pursuits and excellent schooling. The location is also ideal for those wishing to commute to Belfast and beyond. Rarely do period properties of such a remarkable standard of renovation present themselves to the open market; we are confident this home will appeal to the most discerning purchaser.
- ENCLOSED TILED ENTRANCE PORCH:
- Original decorative tiled floor.
- Feature stained glass leaded inner door to . . .
- RECEPTION HALL:
- Oak parquet reclaimed flooring, original corniced ceiling and ceiling rose, storage under stairs.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 6.m x 4.5m (19' 8" x 14' 9")
(into bay window) Original feature marble fireplace with marble tiled and matching inset & Baxi grate, picture rail, ornate cornicing and ceiling rose.
- DINING ROOM:
- 6.m x 4.5m (19' 8" x 14' 9")
(into bay window) Original attractive carved mahogany fireplace with tiled inset and matching hearth, picture rail, ornate cornicing and ceiling rose, solid oak parquet flooring.
- SITTING ROOM:
- 4.6m x 3.4m (15' 1" x 11' 2")
Adam style carved wooden fireplace with open fire, marble tiled inset and matching hearth, picture rail, corniced ceiling, oak wood flooring.
- FAMILY ROOM/PLAY ROOM:
- 4.2m x 3.3m (13' 9" x 10' 10")
- EXTENDED MODERN FULLY FITTED L-SHAPED KITCHEN:
- 9.m x 8.3m (29' 6" x 27' 3")
Bespoke Robinsons kitchen. Open plan to living/dining areas with kitchen island and granite work tops, single drainer sink and a half stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap and hot tap, Smeg combination microwave/oven, built-in breakfast bar, excellent range of high and low level units to include double pantry, breakfast station, granite work tops, integrated dishwasher, concealed lighting, vaulted ceiling, remote control Velux window, feature uPVC double glazed sliding wall with windows, fully opening to patio, built-in entertainment system with ceiling speakers, ceramic tiled floor, underfloor heating.
- Low flush wc, Roca sink unit with built-in cupboards, ceramic tiled floor, recess spot lighting.
- UTILITY ROOM:
- 2.7m x 1.9m (8' 10" x 6' 3")
Belfast sink unit with mixer tap, granite tops and splash back, built-in cupboards, piped for washing machine, space for tumble dryer, ceramic tiled floor, PVC door to exterior.
First Floor Return
- Airing cupboard. Hotpress with pressurised system.
- Modern white suite comprising corner panelled corner bath with mixer tap and telephone hand shower, vanity unit, fully tiled built-in shower cubicle with Mira Sport built-in shower unit, low flush wc, bidet, heated towel rail, ceramic tiled floor, fully tiled walls, recess spot lighting.
- BEDROOM (1):
- 6.4m x 5.m (20' 12" x 16' 5")
Robes with cupboard above, vanitory unit.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 4.4m x 4.3m (14' 5" x 14' 1")
Range of built-in low level cupboards, vanitory unit with built-in shelving.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 4.3m x 3.9m (14' 1" x 12' 10")
Two double built-in robes with cupboards above and vanitory unit.
- BEDROOM (4):
- 4.5m x 3.4m (14' 9" x 11' 2")
Second Floor Return
- LARGE WALK-IN LUGGAGE ROOM.
- BEDROOM (5):
- 5.5m x 4.3m (18' 1" x 14' 1")
Excellent range of built-in robes and cupboards, recess spot lighting, Velux and gable windows.
- BEDROOM (6):
- 5.4m x 4.3m (17' 9" x 14' 1")
Recess spot lighting, Velux and gable windows, excellent range of built-in robes, low level cupboards and shelving.
- SHOWER ROOM:
- Fully tiled built-in shower cubicle with built-in shower unit and body spray showers, vanitory unit, low flush wc, heated towel rail, ceramic tiled floor, fully tiled walls, recess spot lighting, Velux window.
- Tarmac driveway to . . .
- DETACHED TIMBER GARAGE
- Ample additional parking.
- HOME OFFICE:
- 4.3m x 4.3m (14' 1" x 14' 1")
Insulated with power, internet and radiator, oak flooring, recess spot lighting.
- ADDITIONAL GARAGE/STORE TO REAR:
- 5.1m x 5.1m (16' 9" x 16' 9")
Up and over door, light and power, shelving.
- Mature good size front garden in lawn with flowerbeds and mature trees. Large enclosed private rear garden in lawn with colourful trees and shrubs. Large paved patio areas, wood store and potting shed.
Travelling along the Belfast Road out of Newtownards, Number 11 is located on the right hand side of the road.
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Share this property
How much will it cost?
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Boost It Back
Increase views of your property with a single boost back up the natural listings.
Option 2: Featured Listing
Get one Boost It Back every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 3: Premier Listing
Get an automatic Boost It Back every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »