This agent has listed the accuracy as: Quite Near
- GROUND LEVEL
- Welcoming entrance porch.
- Feature walnut and glazed staircase.
- Impressive guest suite including large dressing room, luxury ensuite and French doors to garden.
- Well-proportioned third bedroom with ensuite, built-in wardrobes and French doors to garden.
- Cleverly designed fourth bedroom easily adapted to an office or downstairs lounge with built-in wardrobes and French doors to garden.
- Luxury bathroom with extra-deep bathtub.
- Open-plan games area.
- Dedicated laundry room.
- Large cloakroom with spacious storage and partly shelved.
- Provision for lift shaft to upper level.
- UPPER LEVEL
- Delightful reception room that changes with the seasons – snug in the winter and sun room in the summer months.
- Beautifully presented dining area with folding doors to covered veranda for al fresco dining.
- Impressive 3-seater raised bar between dining and kitchen.
- Kitchen designed for the serious cook in mind with extensive work counters and open-plan pantry.
- Open-plan entertaining area linked by remote-controlled tunnel gas fire to lounge.
- Stylish lounge, perfect for cosy T.V. viewing yet ideal for socialising.
- Spacious guest toilet room with feature lighting.
- Magnificent master suite comprising bedroom, large dressing room and ensuite with picture window above bathtub.
- Integral garage with remote controlled garage door, light and power.
- Double Stable Block with the potential to be utilised for a variety of purposes.
- Attractive sweeping tarmac driveway and generous parking.
- Balconies, terraces and veranda to south, east and west of the property with panoramic views.
- Compact, easily-maintained gardens to front, sides and rear in lawns, hedges, trees and shrubs.
- Outside lighting creatively positioned around the property and driveway.
- Garden path leading from ground level to upper level, ideal for prams and wheelchairs.
- Hot & cold water taps in two locations.
- Plumbed for hot tub.
Clokey House is undoubtedly one of County Downs’ most impressive contemporary luxury homes offering the best of both worlds –luxury country living with towns and cities nearby. This magnificent home was architect designed and built in 2010 for the current owners to an extremely high specification where the focus is on luxury modern living and on maximising the stunning natural environment. The thoughtful and creative design has produced a property that presents the owners with the opportunity to experience an impressive lifestyle where modernism blends naturally with homeliness and where inside living flows smoothly to the outdoors.
To maximise views and privacy, the main living areas and master bedroom are on the first level whilst the bedrooms on the ground level open out through French-style doors to the garden. This unique and innovative layout is continued outside where there are a variety of terraces and balconies surrounded by neat and compact gardens which form a spectacular backdrop to the tree canopies, fields, lake and mountain range.
The Spa area has the enviable position of being only 15 miles from Belfast and at the same time is surrounded by popular tourist attractions and leisure opportunities such as National Trust properties, Royal County Down Golf Club, sailing clubs, beautiful forests and stunning beaches.
Whilst close to all these attractions, Clokey House is positioned far enough off the main road to provide privacy, peace and seclusion without feeling isolated as all the amenities of a village and small market town are close by and there is a bus route at the end of lane.
Clokey House offers that rare combination of luxury living and location. An opportunity to view Clokey House should not be missed!
Contemporary walnut open tread staircase with glass and stainless steel. Tiled floor.
Spacious storage area; painted concrete floor. Provision has been made for a lift shaft.
Integral Garage: 6.01m x 2.98m (19’9” x 9’9”)
Electric up and over door.
Laundry Room: 2.19m x 2.15m (7’2” x 7’1”)
Single drainer stainless steel sink; separate provision for tumble dryer; built-in cupboards; shelving. Plumbed for washing machine. Tiled floor.
Open Plan Games Area:
Ideal seating area, music room, study, gym and games room with feature lighting. Tiled floor.
Bedroom 4: 4.55m x 3.97m (14’11” x 13’0”)
Walk in wardrobe. Black solid oak floor. Sliding aluminium patio doors to delightful outlook over
Ensuite Shower Room:
Deluxe ensuite with walk in shower, vanity wash hand basin, wall hung low flush w.c. Heated towel
radiator. Fully tiled.
Bedroom 3/Office: 4.55m x 3.0m
Walk in wardrobe, black solid oak floor. Sliding aluminium patio doors to delightful outlook over
Family Bathroom: 2.53m x 2.13m (8’4” x 7’0”)
Luxury suite comprising inset bath with shower over, vanity wash hand basin with feature
lighting, ‘inlaid full length wall mirror’, wall hung low flush w.c., heated towel radiator. Fully tiled walls. Tiled floor.
Guest Suite: 3.99m x 3.97m (13’1” x 13’0”)
Luxury Bedroom with sliding aluminium patio door overlooking the garden. Luxury carpet. Sliding door to:-
Dressing Room: 2.82m x 1.65m (9’3” x 5’5”)
Excellent range of built in robes & shelving.
Ensuite: 2.13m x 1.95m (7’0” x 6’5”)
Remote Control Shower Mixer, vanity wash hand basin. Feature lighting. Heated towel radiator. Wall hung low flush w.c. Fully tiled walls.
Staircase to upper Level
Glazed landing approached by Contemporary Walnut open tread staircase with glass and stainless steel with spectacular views to Slieve Croob. Tiled Floor.
Lounge: 4.85m x 2.84m (15’11” x 9’4”)
Feature floor to ceiling corner glazing log burner. Sliding aluminium doors leading to patio area. Tiled floor.
Kitchen: 7.65m x 3.94m (25’1” x 12’11”)
Incorporating Dining Area. Superb range of bespoke painted units. Quartz worktops with inset 1 and 1/2 bowl sink unit with water filter. 4 ring induction ceramic hob. Black cooker canopy. Dishwasher, 2 x Double Ovens & Grill. Larder fridge. Tiled floor. Vaulted ceilings. Walk in pantry. Breakfast bar overlooking the dining area and the spectacular views to Slieve Croob.
High and low level units, stainless steel sink unit. Pull out vegetable racks. Larder space. Frost-free freezer. Tiled floor.
Floor to ceiling folding doors slide open to verandah with breathtaking views over the surrounding countryside to Slieve Croob with views of Spa Lake offering the indoor - outdoor feel. Tiled floor. Feature double sided tunnel gas fire with remote control. Glazed door leading to:-
Upper Lounge: 4.48m x 3.97m (14’8” x 13’0”)
Large picture window with views over the surrounding countryside to Slieve Croob. Feature alcoves with lighting. Double sided tunnel gas fire with remote control. Black oak floor.
Guest Toilet: 2.14m x 1.50m (7’0” x 4’11”)
Wash hand basin on plinth. Wall hung low flush WC. Fully tiled.
Master Bedroom: 4.29m x 3.98m (14’1” x 13’1”)
Breathtaking views from the floor to ceiling windows over the surrounding countryside to Slieve Croob. Luxury carpet. Sliding door leading to:
Dressing Room: 4.57 x 1.65m (15’0” x 5’5”)
Excellent range of built in robes and shelving.
Ensuite Bathroom: 3.97m x 2.15m (13’0” x 7’1”)
Inset bath. Twin vanity wash hand basins. Wall hung low flush WC. Walk in tiled shower. Feature tiled walls and floor.
The property is approached by a shared laneway onto a private driveway and designed to offer
considerable privacy yet takes advantage of the delightful countryside. Lovely mature gardens surround the property with delightful patio areas to enjoy morning, afternoon and evening sunshine.
Timber stable block with light and power.
High specification and energy efficient property. Features include: Under floor heating on both levels/ Zoned heating controls/Quinn Therm Roof Insulation/ Additional fibre glass ceiling insulation/uPVC Double Glazing with E Glass / Pressurised water system / LED lighting/Sensor external lights/Brook-vent ventilation system/Timed instant hot water taps/Aluminium window frames/Extra thick external walls/Aluminium guttering & downpipes/Maintenance -free soffits & barge boards /K Rend external wall finish/ Future-proofed IT System/Scan Wood Burner/Walnut framed doors/Black-out and Sunscreen roller blinds.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »
(in last 30 days)
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Want to increase your views?
Why not Increase Your Views and get twice the exposure as a regular listing!Increase Your Views