Carrickfinn, 9 Broomhill Park, Malone, Belfast BT9 5JB
7 Bed Detached house For Sale
- Magnificent Detached Residence Situated In One Of Belfast's Finest Tree Lined Parks
- Designed By Renowned Architect Anthony Lucy
- Constructed In 1926, With Many Interesting Features Such As Fireplaces, Staircase & Stained Glass Windows
- Formal Drawing Room Open To Sunroom, Dining Room, Study / Home Office
- Superb Hand Painted Kitchen By Design House Open To Living / Dining Area & Family Room
- Utility Room, Two Ground Floor Cloakrooms
- Five Bedrooms, Master With Ensuite Bathroom With French Doors To South Facing Terrace, Upper Floor Bedroom With Ensuite Bathroom & French Doors To South Facing Balcony
- Two Further Bathrooms On First Floor
- Two Bedroom Annex With Separate Own Door Access
- Garage With First Floor Area Suited To Home Office / Playroom
- Double Glazed Hardwood Windows
- Oil Fired Central Heating (Gas Fired Heating To Annex)
- Multi-Zoned Alarm System
- Exceptionally Well Manicured Gardens With A Southerly Orientation Enjoying Complete Privacy, Set In Lawns, Patio Areas, Shrub Beds, Kitchen Garden With Herbs & Raspberries
- Garden Room
- Driveway Parking For Multiple Vehicles Accessed Via Two Separate Entrances With Electric Gates
Additional InformationConstructed in 1926, and designed by renowned architect Anthony Lucy, this often admired Arts & Crafts style residence is a unique home set within one of the finest Parks in Belfast.
Broomhill Park is undoubtedly one of Belfast's most distinguished private residential addresses in set within a conservation area. Whilst this mature setting benefits from considerable privacy and seclusion, the location is convenient for easy access to the City Centre, Lisburn Road and motorway networks. Leading Primary and Grammar Schools are within walking distance and amenities such as Golf Clubs and the Lagan Tow Path are close by.
The home occupies a prime private site of c. 0.3 acres within Broomhill Park backing on to Inst. Playing Fields, and enjoys an extensive garden with southerly orientation there by benefiting from maximum sunshine.
The property has been restored and extended to an exceptional standard to include a replaced rosemary tiled roof, the addition of cavity wall insulation and offers generous accommodation with a layout adaptable to differing family requirements. A large two bedroom annex with separate access is an additional benefit. Whilst retaining all of the original characteristics and fine architectural features synonymous with a house built in this era, the home has been very tastefully updated and maintained to include a large extension in 2010 to facilitate a contemporary kitchen living dining area overlooking the well tended gardens and a stunning terrace off the Master Bedroom suite enjoying a southerly aspect with very pleasant views over the playing fields.
Outside, the immaculately kept gardens to the front and rear are laid in well tended lawns, south facing patio areas, and a profusion of mature shrubs offering colour in all seasons.
All-in-all the home is one of South Belfast's finest family residences. Viewing is by private appointment and is highly recommended by contacting our South Belfast office on 028 9066 8888.
- OPEN ENTRANCE PORCH:
- Original hardwood entrance door with glazed panel leading to:
- ENTRANCE HALL:
- 3.43m x 2.79m (11' 3" x 9' 2")
Feature wood panelling. Plate shelf. Original hardwood fireplace with tiled inset and hearth. Hardwood floor. Attractive staircase to first floor.
- VISITORS CLOAKROOM:
- Corner ornate sink unit. Wood panelled walls. Cloaks hanging space. Terrazzo floor.
- SEPARATE WC:
- Wood panelled walls. Low flush WC. Terrazzo floor.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 7.57m x 4.04m (24' 10" x 13' 3")
Corniced ceiling. Picture rail. Inglenook with elegant hand carved limestone fireplace by Acquisitions. Rock Maple reclaimed parquet floor. Open to:
- SUN ROOM:
- 3.94m x 3.63m (12' 11" x 11' 11")
Rock Maple reclaimed parquet flooring. Corniced ceiling. Feature wall light by Christopher Wray. French doors. Views over garden. (Access to Annex).
- STUDY / HOME OFFICE:
- 4.09m x 3.45m (13' 5" x 11' 4")
Original fireplace with hardwood surround, tiled inset and slate hearth.
- DINING ROOM:
- 5.08m x 4.47m (16' 8" x 14' 8")
Fireplace with original hardwood surround with tiled inset and slate hearth. Picture rail. Rock Maple reclaimed parquet floor. Window seating.
- FAMILY ROOM:
- 4.04m x 3.43m (13' 3" x 11' 3")
Fireplace with antique mahogany surround and brick recess, slate hearth and multi-fuel Rembrandt stove by Aga Rayburn with back boiler. Reclaimed Rock Maple parquet floor. Dresser by Design House. Open to:
- MAGNIFICENT KITCHEN / LIVING / DINING AREA WITH FEATURE ROOF LIGHTING:
- 5.18m x 5.08m (17' 0" x 16' 8")
Excellent range of hardwood, hand-painted high and low level units with glazed display units and plate rack by Design House. Central island unit with breakfast bar area. Blue Isis granite work surfaces with feature oak sections to central island unit. Recess for Aga with splashback. Extractor over. Two inset stainless steel sink units with mixer tap. Integrated 'Bosch' dishwasher. 'Neff' electric two ring hob, and 'Neff' gas two ring hob. Feature vaulted ceiling. Stained glass window. Rock Maple reclaimed parquet floor. French doors to gardens. Low voltage lighting and feature pendant wiring. Open to:
- DINING / LIVING AREA:
- 5.77m x 5.59m (18' 11" x 18' 4")
(at widest points) Feature full length floor to ceiling windows. French doors to garden. Vaulted ceiling. Exceptional stained glass window with hand painting and circular scene of Mount Stewart. Antique fireplace with reclaimed brick recess and slate hearth with multi-fuel stove. Hand blown wall lighting by Christopher Wray. Low voltage lighting. Rock Maple parquet floor
- UTILITY ROOM:
- 2.97m x 2.44m (9' 9" x 8' 0")
Range of high and low level units. Single drainer stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap. Integrated double 'Neff' cooker. Space for microwave. Plumbed for washing machine and tumble dryer. Marble floor. Low voltage lighting.
- Low flush WC. Pedestal wash hand basin. Chrome heated towel rail. Partially tiled walls. Marble floor. Stained glass window.
- SIDE ENTRANCE HALL TO INCLUDE:
- 5.31m x 3.1m (17' 5" x 10' 2")
Oil fired boiler. Storage space. Cloaks cupboards. Wine storage. Feature stained glass window. Marble floor.
- GARAGE (ACCESSED OFF LIVING / DINING AREA):
- 7.39m x 3.56m (24' 3" x 11' 8")
Insulated cavity walls and floor. Light and power. Electric up and over door. Utility area to rear with hot and cold tap, feature Belfast sink, double glazed windows and rear door to south west patio. Blue limestone floor. Stairs to:
- 5.66m x 3.66m (18' 7" x 12' 0")
Stained glass window. Radiator. Feature roof lights. Engineered maple floor by Kahrs. Access to large storage area.
- Picture rail. Linen cupboard. Hot press.
- MASTER BEDROOM SUITE:
- 7.32m x 4.85m (24' 0" x 15' 11")
Picture rail. Feature stained glass window. French doors to south facing terrace, overlooking gardens and playing fields.
- ENSUITE BATHROOM:
- Luxury suite comprising of corner bath with power shower over. Wash hand basin in vanity unit. Low flush WC. Bidet. Partially tiled walls. Marble tiled floor. Gold plated taps. (Heritage sanitary ware).
- BEDROOM (2):
- 4.9m x 4.83m (16' 1" x 15' 10")
Picture rail. Contemporary wash hand basin in vanity unit.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 4.01m x 3.4m (13' 2" x 11' 2")
Picture rail. Built-in wardrobe.
- BEDROOM (4):
- 4.17m x 2.97m (13' 8" x 9' 9")
Built-in wardrobe. Vaulted ceiling. Study recess.
- SHOWER ROOM:
- Fully tiled shower cubicle with thermostatic shower. Panel bath with mixer tap and telephone hand shower over. Low flush WC. Pedestal wash hand basin. Partially tiled walls. Ceramic tiled floor.
- FAMILY BATHROOM:
- Panel bath. Low flush WC. Pedestal wash hand basin. Bidet. Partially tiled walls. Marble tiled floor. Picture rail. Gold plated taps. (Heritage sanitary ware).
- Study area. Doors to luggage / storage area. Wired and plumbed for mini kitchen.
- BEDROOM (5):
- 4.98m x 3.68m (16' 4" x 12' 1")
Built-in wardrobes and eaves storage. French doors to terrace overlooking rear garden and playing fields. Wood strip flooring.
- ENSUITE BATHROOM:
- Corner bath with electric power shower over, Heritage taps. Low flush WC. Pedestal wash hand basin. Bidet. Wood panel walls. Under eaves storage. Wood strip floor. (All Heritage sanitary ware).
Two Bedroom Annex
- GROUND FLOOR:
- Hardwood entrance door with feature stained glass panel leading to:
- ENTRANCE HALL:
- Feature exceptional antique hand painted stained glass window with scene of Carrickfergus Castle. Rock Maple reclaimed parquet floor.
- KITCHEN / LIVING AREA:
- 5.77m x 5.31m (18' 11" x 17' 5")
Excellent range of high and low level units by McVeigh Kitchens, with granite work surfaces. Four ring gas hob with extractor over. Integrated washer / dryer. Integrated oven and dishwasher. 1.5 bowl stainless steel recessed sink unit with mixer tap. Recess for American style fridge/freezer. Wine rack. Rock Maple reclaimed parquet floor. Folding doors to garden.
- BEDROOM (1):
- 3.28m x 2.72m (10' 9" x 8' 11")
Engineered maple floor by Kahrs.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- Luxury suite comprising of walk-in wet room shower with thermostatic power shower and rainwater shower head over. Low flush WC. Pedestal wash hand basin. Fully tiled marble walls and floor. Low voltage lighting. Chrome heated towel rail. Feature recess mirrored storage cabinet.
- Hardwood staircase leading to:
- Dressing area and wardrobe.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 3.12m x 2.95m (10' 3" x 9' 8")
Under eaves storage. Low voltage lighting.
- SHOWER ROOM:
- Fully tiled marble shower cubicle with thermostatic shower. Low flush WC. Pedestal wash hand basin. Chrome heated towel rail. Under eaves storage. Marble partially tiled walls and fully tiled floor. Feature wall lights. Stained glass window.
- Twin remote controlled vehicular gates and pedestrian electric gate leading to driveway parking in paviours for several cars, bordered by hedging and flower beds. To the rear, magnificent private landscaped south facing gardens in lawns, shrub beds and raised beds. Patio areas with blue limestone paviours. Various seating areas with a marble and slate seating area. Outdoor electric sockets and water taps. Yard to rear with uPVC oil tank and fuel storage area.
- DETACHED GARDEN ROOM:
- 3.18m x 2.18m (10' 5" x 7' 2")
Light and power. Fully insulated walls, roof and floor. Rosemary tiled roof. Blue limestone flooring. Double glazed hardwood window and French doors. Small uPVC window.
How much will it cost?
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Find out how to make your property stand out more, increase your views and get twice the exposure as a standard listing!
- Get twice the exposure than a standard listing
- Attractive design with banner and additional photographs
- Get to the top of the search results (Featured only)
- Choose the Featured or Premium Option or both
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »