- Additional Information
- Area Price Tracker
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- THE FACTS YOU NEED TO KNOW...
- Six or seven bedrooms, three or four reception rooms
- Beautiful Victorian family home c.1892
- Many original features including cornices, panelled doors, architraves, deep moulded skirtings, exposed pine panelling, leaded glass windows and high ceilings
- Large private, mature site with secluded, well stocked gardens to front and rear
- Original two storey Coach house to rear with great potential as home office, studio, granex
- Parking for many cars, boat, caravan etc
- Lough and Antrim Hills views from all floors
- Very convenient location within walking distance of town and excellent schools
- Gas fired central heating
- Recently reroofed
- Enclosed courtyard with sheltered timber deck and hot tub
- Charming and inviting home with space for all the family
Additional InformationThe Owners Perspective…"For over 30 years Brooksmere has been a wonderful family home for us and our children. It has provided the space , inside and out, for a growing, energetic family and also the ability to work from home, where necessary.
Brooksmere is an attractive, red brick period house which showcases the beautiful architecture and lasting craftsmanship of the late Victorian era. It is a 'happy' house full of character and ambience and space – a lovely comfortable house in which to live.
It is close to schools and Holywood with all its amenities, but is set well back from the road to provide a calm haven away from modern life. Whether it's a barbeque in the secluded back garden, a dip in the hot tub on a cold frosty evening or the children playing ball games on the sweeping front lawn – that's part of the enjoyment of Brooksmere.
It is a house which has stood the test of time and as we are only the 5th owners in almost 130 years, past generations seem to have viewed it as we do"
- Original panelled front door with brass furniture. Decorative brick doorway with granite pillars and carved corbels.
- ENTRANCE PORCH:
- Original mosaic tiled floor. Fanlight. Ornate cornice. Interior door with stained leaded glass and matching side panels.
- ENTRANCE HALL:
- Moulded ornate cornice, picture rail and decorative arch. Original exposed pine panelling on side of stairs. Decorative carved newell post to staircase with hardwood polished handrail and painted spindles.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 7.32m x 4.52m (24' 0" x 14' 10")
Feature Kilkenny marble fireplace with cast iron inset and slate hearth. Carved corbels, picture rail and feature arched recess. Moulded ornate cornice.
- DINING ROOM:
- 5.97m x 4.22m (19' 7" x 13' 10")
Feature Carrera marble fireplace, cast iron inset, gas fire, moulded ornate cornice, picture rail, dual aspect with front bay window.
- SITTING ROOM:
- 5.05m x 4.04m (16' 7" x 13' 3")
Side Bay window. Original feature marble fireplace, slate hearth, cast iron and tiled inset, cornice and picture rail, built-in bookcase.
- KITCHEN AND MORNING ROOM
- 6.65m x 6.73m (21' 10" x 22' 1")
Central Belfast sink with mixer tap / Quooker tap, extensive range of shaker style high and low level cupboards, polished granite and oak worktops, Stoves range cooker in brick and tiled recess, tiled floor, centre island, larder units, dishwasher, built in microwave, under cupboard lighting, space for breakfast table and chairs, vertical radiator. uPVC double glazed door to enclosed courtyard.
- UTILITY AREA
- Single drainer stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap and Insinkerator waste disposal unit, plumbed for washing machine, tumble dryer. Two double glazed roof windows.
- REAR HALLWAY:
- Circular tulip glass window. Matching glass on door. Doorway to courtyard. Separate boiler room with Worcester gas fired central heating boiler and hot water cylinder. Cloaks space.
- Low flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin, vertical radiator, fully tiled shower cubicle, Mira shower.
- HALF LANDING:
- Feature double arched stained glass windows matching porch door
- 2.69m x 2.08m (8' 10" x 6' 10")
Comprising pine panelled bath, pedestal wash hand basin, tiled floor, tiled walls, shaver point, Original exposed pine ceiling matching bath panelling.
- SHOWER ROOM:
- 2.59m x 1.3m (8' 6" x 4' 3")
Comprising low flush wc, vanity unit wash hand basin, fully tiled walls, chrome heated towel rail, fully tiled shower cubicle. Original exposed pine ceiling, tiled floor.
- MAIN BEDROOM
- 5.13m x 4.55m (16' 10" x 14' 11")
Cornice ceiling. Views over front garden to Belfast Lough and Co Antrim hills.
- BEDROOM (2)
- 4.8m x 4.22m (15' 9" x 13' 10")
Cornice ceiling. Views over front garden to Belfast Lough and Co Antrim hills. Dual aspect
- BEDROOM (3)
- 4.17m x 3.71m (13' 8" x 12' 2")
Cornice ceiling. Extensive range of built in wardrobes, bookcase and storage.
- BEDROOM (4):
- 4.01m x 3.89m (13' 2" x 12' 9")
Cornice ceiling. Sunny side view.
- Views over front garden to Belfast Lough and Co Antrim hills beyond. Cornice ceiling
- Staircase with double glazed Velux window lighting hall, stairs and landing.
- TANK ROOM
- Insulated and floored
- BEDROOM (5):
- 4.27m x 4.11m (14' 0" x 13' 6")
Eaves storage. Views of Belfast Lough and Antrim hills. Dual aspect with feature arched side window.
- PLAYROOM or BEDROOM (7)
- 8.38m x 4.55m (27' 6" x 14' 11")
Double glazed Velux window to rear. Eaves storage. Views of Belfast Lough and Co Antrim hills to front.
- BEDROOM (6) OR LIVING ROOM
- 3.91m x 3.86m (12' 10" x 12' 8")
Feature arched window. Eaves storage.
- SHOWER ROOM
- Comprising pedestal wash hand basin, low flush wc, corner shower cubicle, heated towel rail, white oak effect wall panelling, extractor fan, recessed lighting, double glazed Velux window. Storage into eaves.
- Enclosed courtyard. Double entrance gates. Timber decking. Water tap. Outside wc. and outbuilding. Hot tub.
- ORIGINAL COACH HOUSE/GARAGE
- 7.24m x 4.27m (23' 9" x 14' 0")
Roller door. Light and power. First floor hayloft above (potential office).
- Large asphalt driveway and parking/turning space. Security flood lighting
- Extensive mature garden in lawns, flowerbeds, shrub beds, mature hedging.
- ALUMINIUM GREENHOUSE/SUMMER HOUSE
- Safety glass.
- Fruit trees.
'Brooksmere' is on High Street between junction of My Ladys Mile and Sullivan Upper School
Area Price Tracker
Unless otherwise stated, all content in this section is copyright of PropertyPal 2019, and all rights are reserved. The contents of this section, ether in whole or in part, may not be reproduced, stored or transmitted without prior written permission from PropertyPal.
This section has been prepared by PropertyPal for general guidance on matters of interest only, and does not constitute professional advice. You should not act upon the information contained in this section without obtaining specific professional advice. No representation or warranty (express or implied) is given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this section.
It is a condition of PropertyPal allowing you free access to this section that you accept that PropertyPal, its clients, employees and agents do not accept or assume any liability, responsibility or duty of care for any consequences of you or anyone else acting, or refraining to act, in reliance on the information contained in this section or for any decision based on it.
Note: Data is compiled by PropertyPal using data from the official NI House Price Index publication, released by Land & Property Services in conjunction with the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency, and supplemented with data collected by PropertyPal. The NI House Price Index can be accessed here.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Notes can only be seen by you and any pals you have added, they cannot be viewed by the vendor or estate agent.
11th Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Featured Listing
Get one boost to the top of the search results every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 2: Premier Listing
Get an automatic boost to the top of the search results every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »