- Additional Information
- Area Price Tracker
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- Handsome detached period residence set within private mature site measuring circa 0.5 acre
- Spacious accommodation throughout over three floors
- Traditional features retained and sympathetically restored by current owners both inside and out
- Three formal reception rooms including drawing room, dining and living rooms, plus orangery
- Luxury handcrafted solid wood kitchen with range of integrated units, 2 oven oil fired Aga and casual dining space
- Four double bedrooms on first floor, two with panoramic views across Belfast Lough and Copelands
- Four further bedrooms on second floor (possible study, playroom etc)
- Bathroom with traditional white suite and 'Traditional (Edwardian) style' floor and wall tiles
- Separate shower room and separate WC
- Oil fired central heating
- Driveway car parking for multiple cars leading to five car garage to rear (possible conversion to annex / office)
- Manicured and private mature gardens to front and rear with spacious patio area
- Within walking distance to coastal walks, Donaghadee Golf Club and host of amenities within Donaghadee Town
Additional InformationBrookmount is a handsome detached period residence situated off the Warren Road in Donaghadee which is undoubtedly one of North Down's most sought after residential locations. Immaculately maintained by its current owners, this detached family home offers spacious accommodation throughout, set within a private site measuring circa 0.5 acre, with panoramic views from the first floor across Donaghadee Sound and the Copeland Islands to the Irish Sea beyond.
The accommodation is bright and well-presented over three floors, there is an entrance porch leading to the impressive reception hall, with the drawing room, formal dining room, living room, orangery and a kitchen with casual dining on the ground floor. On the first floor there is a landing with family bathroom, separate shower room and WC, leading to four double bedrooms and 4 further bedrooms (or possible study/luggage room/ playroom) on the second floor.
Outside there are mature gardens to both front and rear with grounds of c.0.5 acre, with spacious patio area leading from the orangery on to enclosed gardens in lawns with planting and flowering shrubs adding significant colour throughout the summer months – a perfect place to entertain or relax.
The property also benefits from a substantial five car garage which could be converted to additional annex or home office overlooking the rear gardens.
Bangor, Newtownards, Holywood and Belfast are all easily accessible and local shops, schools and churches are also convenient making the location ideal. Please contact the North Down Office to arrange a private appointment to view this special home.
- ENTRANCE PORCH:
- 1.93m x 1.27m (6' 4" x 4' 2")
Original Edwardian encaustic tiled floor, corniced ceiling, hardwood front door with glazed fan light, half wall panelling. Original etched glass 'Cornucopia' vestibule door.
- ENTRANCE HALL:
- 7.16m x 1.93m (23' 6" x 6' 4")
Corniced ceiling, ceiling rose, original corbels, dado rail, solid oak wood flooring, glazed hardwood door and glazed side panels.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 6.1m x 4.34m (20' 0" x 14' 3")
Into bay and at widest points. Open fire with original marbelised slate surround, cast iron and tiled inset, slate stone hearth, corniced ceiling, picture rail, ceiling rose.
- DINING ROOM:
- 5.59m x 3.66m (18' 4" x 12' 0")
Into bay and at widest points. Open fire with carved wood surround, tiled inset and hearth, corniced ceiling, picture rail, solid oak wood flooring, range of built in furniture including bookshelves and cupboards.
- LIVING ROOM:
- 6.07m x 4.29m (19' 11" x 14' 1")
Into bay and at widest points. Open fire with original marbelised slate surround, cast iron and tiled inset and hearth, corniced ceiling, picture rail, built in solid wood, painted bookshelf and cupboard.
- 4.52m x 3.81m (14' 10" x 12' 6")
Double doors to: Bespoke hand crafted solid wood Inframe kitchen with a range of cupboards, granite work surfaces and upstands, double French Country sink unit with mixer taps, integrated AEG dishwasher, 2 oven oil fired Rayburn, 2 ring induction hob, large pantry style unit, free standing larder with integrated fridge, recessed lighting, solid wood flooring.
- UTILITY ROOM:
- 3.99m x 3.94m (13' 1" x 12' 11")
At widest points. Excellent range of units, single drainer stainless steel sink unit with mixer taps, plumbed for washing machine, vented for tumble dryer, integrated Bosch oven, recess for fridge freezer, wine rack.
- REAR HALLWAY:
- Original quarry tiled floor, corniced ceiling, hardwood door to driveway.
- 2.77m x 1.57m (9' 1" x 5' 2")
Panelled walls, low flush WC, pedestal wash hand basin, quarry tiled floor.
- 8.36m x 3.58m (27' 5" x 11' 9")
Ceramic tiled floor, glazed double doors and glazed side panel to rear garden and patio, wired for wall lights. Door to inner courtyard.
First Floor Return
- Corniced ceiling, dado rail, stained glass window patterned after Charles Rennie McIntosh; fully storm glazed for security and long life. Hotpress with lagged copper cylinder, built in storage.
- 4.01m x 1.8m (13' 2" x 5' 11")
White suite comprising: panelled bath with mixer taps and drench shower head, pedestal wash hand basin, low flush WC, bidet, 'Traditional style' Victorian pattern tiles on floor and walls, tongue and groove ceiling, heated towel radiator, extractor fan.
- SHOWER ROOM:
- 2.59m x 1.35m (8' 6" x 4' 5")
Fully tiled shower cubicle with thermostatically controlled shower unit, pedestal wash hand basin, heated towel radiator, ceramic tiled floor, tongue and groove ceiling, extractor fan.
- SEPARATE WC:
- 1.68m x 1.07m (5' 6" x 3' 6")
Low flush WC, tongue and groove panelled walls and ceiling.
- BEDROOM (1):
- 6.35m x 4.34m (20' 10" x 14' 3")
Into bay. Panoramic sea views, corniced ceiling.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 6.35m x 4.34m (20' 10" x 14' 3")
Panoramic sea views, corniced ceiling, original marbelised slate fireplace, tiled and cast iron inset.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 4.34m x 3.73m (14' 3" x 12' 3")
Corniced ceiling, built in robe.
- BEDROOM (4):
- 4.19m x 3.78m (13' 9" x 12' 5")
Corniced ceiling, painted cast iron fireplace surround and inset, built in robe.
- Velux window.
- BEDROOM (5)/STUDY:
- 4.19m x 3.63m (13' 9" x 11' 11")
- BEDROOM (6):
- 4.17m x 3.61m (13' 8" x 11' 10")
Cast iron fireplace.
- BEDROOM (7):
- 4.19m x 3.05m (13' 9" x 10' 0")
Cast iron fireplace.
- BEDROOM (8):
- 4.37m x 2.49m (14' 4" x 8' 2")
Cast iron fireplace. Currently used for general household storage.
- LUGGAGE ROOM:
- 2.29m x 1.96m (7' 6" x 6' 5")
- DETACHED DOUBLE GARAGE:
- 12.19m x 4.9m (40' 0" x 16' 1")
At widest point. 5 car garage, light and power, barn style folding door.
- Stone pillared and electric gated entrance leading to sweeping tarmac driveway to detached garage. Car parking for multiple cars, manicured lawns to front and rear with hedge boundary, flowerbeds, trees and shrubs, extensive patio area, Westerly facing rear garden.
Warren Road, Donaghadee
Area Price Tracker
Unless otherwise stated, all content in this section is copyright of PropertyPal 2019, and all rights are reserved. The contents of this section, ether in whole or in part, may not be reproduced, stored or transmitted without prior written permission from PropertyPal.
This section has been prepared by PropertyPal for general guidance on matters of interest only, and does not constitute professional advice. You should not act upon the information contained in this section without obtaining specific professional advice. No representation or warranty (express or implied) is given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this section.
It is a condition of PropertyPal allowing you free access to this section that you accept that PropertyPal, its clients, employees and agents do not accept or assume any liability, responsibility or duty of care for any consequences of you or anyone else acting, or refraining to act, in reliance on the information contained in this section or for any decision based on it.
*Note: Dataset is compiled by PropertyPal using data from the official NI House Price Index publication, released by Land & Property Services in conjunction with the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency, and supplemented with data collected by PropertyPal. The NI House Price Index can be accessed here. The data has been cleansed to remove anomalies and statistical analysis undertaken by PropertyPal to comprise a backdated time series to 2005.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Notes can only be seen by you and any pals you have added, they cannot be viewed by the vendor or estate agent.
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Featured Listing
Get one boost to the top of the search results every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 2: Premier Listing
Get an automatic boost to the top of the search results every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »