- Additional Information
- Area Price Tracker
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- Impressive Listed Period Terrace Constructed In 1760's And Previous Residence Of The Marquis Of Downshire Estate Manager's House
- Beautifully Proportioned And Presented Accommodation Deceptive From An External Appraisal
- Retaining A Host Of Original Features Including Period Fireplaces, High Ceilings And Cornicing
- Gracious Reception Hall With Feature Staircase
- Formal Drawing Room And Dining Room
- Family Room/Study
- Modern Fitted Kitchen With Casual Dining And Aga Range
- Five Generous Bedrooms
- Family Bathroom And Additional Shower Room
- Luggage Room
- Oil Fired Central Heating
- Sliding Sash Windows Fitted With Ventrolla Draft System
- Original Shutters
- Private Rear Courtyard Garden
- Detached Garage And Parking
- Exceptional Central Village Location Close To A Host Of Amenities, Schooling, Shops, Restaurants, And Motorway Networks
- Unique Opportunity To Acquire A Magnificent Historically Important Family Home
- Viewing Strictly By Private Appointment
Additional InformationBlessington House represents a rare opportunity to acquire a prominent and much admired listed family home set in the heart of Hillsborough Village. The property which was constructed in the 1760's was the previous residence of the Marquis of Downshire Estate Manager's house.
The house is presented in superb condition throughout with deceptively spacious and well-appointed accommodation which retains a host of original features including sash windows, original shutters, period fireplaces, high ceilings, and superb cornice detail.
The accommodation provides a five bedroom layout together with gracious reception hall, drawing room, dining room, study/family room together with Kitchen with Aga Range, family bathroom and shower room. Externally there is a pleasant rear courtyard, garage, and parking.
Beautifully positioned the property is within a short stroll of a host of local amenities, specialist shops, pubs, restaurants, Hillsborough Castle, Forest Park as well as Downshire Primary School. In addition nearby motorway networks connect Belfast which is approximately 20 minutes away with Sprucefield Shopping Centre close by as well as other surrounding towns.
Viewing of this exceptional property is strictly by private appointment through our Belfast Office 02890 668888.
- ORIGINAL STONE ENTRANCE PORTICO:
- RECEPTION HALL:
- 6.27m x 2.44m (20' 7" x 8' 0")
Panelled entrance door with ornate original fanlight and glazed side panels. Original tiled floor. Corniced ceiling and decorative ceiling rose.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 5.64m x 3.89m (18' 6" x 12' 9")
Attractive feature period fireplace with open fire. Corniced ceiling.
- DINING ROOM:
- 6.63m x 4.01m (21' 9" x 13' 2")
Attractive feature period fireplace with tiled hearth and inset with open fire. Corniced ceiling. Original wooden flooring.
- 4.42m x 2.36m (14' 6" x 7' 9")
Original cast iron fireplace. Built-in shelving.
- KITCHEN / CASUAL DINING AREA:
- 4.88m x 3.81m (16' 0" x 12' 6")
Excellent range of high and low level units. Twin inset sinks. Aga range. Recess for fridge/freezer. Plumbed for dishwasher.
- 3.89m x 1.7m (12' 9" x 5' 7")
High and low level units. Belfast sink. Plumbed for washing machine.
- INNER HALLWAY:
- Cloaks cupboard. Additional storage cupboard. High flush WC. Wash hand basin.
- Magnificent sweeping period stairway with feature arched window.
- BEDROOM (1):
- 5.03m x 4.01m (16' 6" x 13' 2")
Attractive feature marble fireplace. Corniced ceiling. Pedestal wash hand basin.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 5.m x 4.01m (16' 5" x 13' 2")
Attractive feature marble fireplace with open fire. Corniced ceiling. Wash hand basin.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 4.27m x 2.44m (14' 0" x 8' 0")
Corniced ceiling. Built-in wardrobe.
- BEDROOM (4):
- 3.89m x 2.21m (12' 9" x 7' 3")
Original fireplace. Corniced ceiling. Wash hand basin.
- BEDROOM (5):
- 3.96m x 3.35m (13' 0" x 11' 0")
Original fireplace. Wash hand basin.
- LUGGAGE ROOM / STORE:
- 2.74m x 2.59m (9' 0" x 8' 6")
- Traditional white suite comprising panelled bath with overhead shower and additional shower attachment. Low flush WC. Pedestal wash hand basin. Hotpress.
- SHOWER ROOM:
- Shower enclosure. Low flush WC. Wash hand basin. Fully tiled walls and floor.
- EXTERNAL AREAS:
- Enclosed courtyard. Original well. Boiler house with oil fired boiler. PVC oil tank. Outside light.
- DETACHED GARAGE:
- 5.79m x 4.7m (19' 0" x 15' 5")
Area Price Tracker
Unless otherwise stated, all content in this section is copyright of PropertyPal 2019, and all rights are reserved. The contents of this section, ether in whole or in part, may not be reproduced, stored or transmitted without prior written permission from PropertyPal.
This section has been prepared by PropertyPal for general guidance on matters of interest only, and does not constitute professional advice. You should not act upon the information contained in this section without obtaining specific professional advice. No representation or warranty (express or implied) is given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this section.
It is a condition of PropertyPal allowing you free access to this section that you accept that PropertyPal, its clients, employees and agents do not accept or assume any liability, responsibility or duty of care for any consequences of you or anyone else acting, or refraining to act, in reliance on the information contained in this section or for any decision based on it.
*Note: Dataset is compiled by PropertyPal using data from the official NI House Price Index publication, released by Land & Property Services in conjunction with the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency, and supplemented with data collected by PropertyPal. The NI House Price Index can be accessed here. The data has been cleansed to remove anomalies and statistical analysis undertaken by PropertyPal to comprise a backdated time series to 2005.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Notes can only be seen by you and any pals you have added, they cannot be viewed by the vendor or estate agent.
35th Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Featured Listing
Get one boost to the top of the search results every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 2: Premier Listing
Get an automatic boost to the top of the search results every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »