Blessington House, 18 Ballynahinch Street,
Hillsborough, BT26 6AW
5 Bed Terrace House
Asking price £595,000
Contact the Agent
Simon Brien Residential (South Belfast)
Asking price £595,000
No results, try changing your mortgage criteria below
Highest download speed: 1,000 Mbps
Highest upload speed: 220 Mbps
Is this your property? Attract more buyers by upgrading your listing
- Impressive Listed Period Terrace Constructed In 1760's And Previous Residence Of The Marquis Of Downshire Estate Manager's House
- Beautifully Proportioned And Presented Accommodation Deceptive From An External Appraisal
- Retaining A Host Of Original Features Including Period Fireplaces, High Ceilings And Cornicing
- Gracious Reception Hall With Feature Staircase
- Formal Drawing Room And Dining Room
- Family Room/Study
- Modern Fitted Kitchen With Casual Dining And Aga Range
- Five Generous Bedrooms
- Family Bathroom And Additional Shower Room
- Luggage Room
- Oil Fired Central Heating
- Sliding Sash Windows Fitted With Ventrolla Draft System
- Original Shutters
- Private Rear Courtyard Garden
- Detached Garage And Parking
- Exceptional Central Village Location Close To A Host Of Amenities, Schooling, Shops, Restaurants, And Motorway Networks
- Unique Opportunity To Acquire A Magnificent Historically Important Family Home
- Viewing Strictly By Private Appointment
The house is presented in superb condition throughout with deceptively spacious and well-appointed accommodation which retains a host of original features including sash windows, original shutters, period fireplaces, high ceilings, and superb cornice detail.
The accommodation provides a five bedroom layout together with gracious reception hall, drawing room, dining room, study/family room together with Kitchen with Aga Range, family bathroom and shower room. Externally there is a pleasant rear courtyard, garage, and parking area.
Beautifully positioned the property is within a short stroll of a host of local amenities, specialist shops, pubs, restaurants, Hillsborough Castle, Forest Park as well as Downshire Primary School. In addition nearby motorway networks connect Belfast which is approximately 20 minutes away with Sprucefield Shopping Centre close by as well as other surrounding towns.
Viewing of this exceptional property is strictly by private appointment through our Belfast Office 02890 668888.
- ORIGINAL STONE ENTRANCE PORTICO:
- RECEPTION HALL:
- 6.27m x 2.44m (20' 7" x 8' 0")
Panelled entrance door with ornate original fanlight and glazed side panels. Original tiled floor. Corniced ceiling and decorative ceiling rose.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 5.64m x 3.89m (18' 6" x 12' 9")
Attractive feature period fireplace with open fire. Corniced ceiling.
- DINING ROOM:
- 6.63m x 4.01m (21' 9" x 13' 2")
Attractive feature period fireplace with tiled hearth and inset with open fire. Corniced ceiling. Original wooden flooring.
- 4.42m x 2.36m (14' 6" x 7' 9")
Original cast iron fireplace. Built-in shelving.
- KITCHEN / CASUAL DINING AREA:
- 4.88m x 3.81m (16' 0" x 12' 6")
Excellent range of high and low level units. Twin inset sinks. Aga range. Recess for fridge/freezer. Plumbed for dishwasher.
- 3.89m x 1.7m (12' 9" x 5' 7")
High and low level units. Belfast sink. Plumbed for washing machine.
- INNER HALLWAY:
- Cloaks cupboard. Additional storage cupboard. High flush WC. Wash hand basin.
- Magnificent sweeping period stairway with feature arched window.
- BEDROOM (1):
- 5.03m x 4.01m (16' 6" x 13' 2")
Attractive feature marble fireplace. Corniced ceiling. Pedestal wash hand basin.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 5.m x 4.01m (16' 5" x 13' 2")
Attractive feature marble fireplace with open fire. Corniced ceiling. Wash hand basin.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 4.27m x 2.44m (14' 0" x 8' 0")
Corniced ceiling. Built-in wardrobe.
- BEDROOM (4):
- 3.89m x 2.21m (12' 9" x 7' 3")
Original fireplace. Corniced ceiling. Wash hand basin.
- BEDROOM (5):
- 3.96m x 3.35m (13' 0" x 11' 0")
Original fireplace. Wash hand basin.
- LUGGAGE ROOM / STORE:
- 2.74m x 2.59m (9' 0" x 8' 6")
- Traditional white suite comprising panelled bath with overhead shower and additional shower attachment. Low flush WC. Pedestal wash hand basin. Hotpress.
- SHOWER ROOM:
- Shower enclosure. Low flush WC. Wash hand basin. Fully tiled walls and floor.
- EXTERNAL AREAS:
- Enclosed courtyard. Original well. Boiler house with oil fired boiler. PVC oil tank. Outside light.
- DETACHED GARAGE:
- 5.79m x 4.7m (19' 0" x 15' 5")
SPOTTED A PROBLEM? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings.
Is this your property? Attract more buyers by upgrading your listing. See options and pricing
Property For Sale in BT26 6AW | Property For Sale in BT26 | Property For Sale in Lisburn Area | Property For Sale in Hillsborough | Property For Sale in Hillsborough Area | Property For Sale in County Down | Simon Brien Residential (South Belfast) *¹ Rates information is provided for guidance purposes only, as the information source is subject to change. Please check the LPSNI website for further detail. *² Stamp Duty Land Tax information is provided for guidance purposes only. Please check the UK Government website for further details (www.gov.uk). Higher amount applies when purchasing as buy to let or as an additional property. *³ The speeds indicated on our checker represent the maximum estimated fixed-line speeds as predicted by the network operators providing services in a particular area. Please note that these are estimates, and actual service availability and speeds received at a given property may differ. Besides fixed-line services, options for 4G, 5G, or satellite broadband may be available at the address, contingent upon the necessary hardware. These alternatives are not reflected in the checker's estimates.