- Additional Information
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- A Magnificent Restored Country House Dating Back To c. 1790 Occupying An Elevated Site Extending To 6 Acres With Views Over Rolling County Down Countryside
- Highly Sought After Rural Location, Yet Only 10 Minutes From Comber, Killyleagh, And Ballygowan, And 25 Minutes From Belfast
- 5 Reception Rooms, 5 Bedrooms
- Separate Annex For Guest Accommodation / Playroom / Teenager / Au Pair's Suite
- Mature Landscaped Gardens And Inner Courtyard
- Superb Equestrian Yard With Floodlit Ménage, Stable Block, Barn, Garaging And Tack Room
- Hardwood Sliding Sash Double Glazed Windows
- Oil Fired Central Heating
Additional Information'Beechbank' undoubtedly one of County Down's landmark country houses with its elevated setting enjoying a south westerly aspect and extensive views over rolling County Down countryside.
'Beechbank' is set in grounds extending to c. 6 acres, and whilst enjoying all of the attributes of country living, the property is within walking distance of the hamlets of Balloo and Killinchy offering local amenities, and 10 minutes from Comber, Killyleagh, and Ballygowan; and 25 minutes from Belfast. The Strangford Lough shoreline and Whiterock Bay, Sketrick Island are also less than 10 minutes away.
Dating back to c. 1790 the property was sympathetically restored and extended 10 years ago, and now offers extensive accommodation with a layout adoptable to differing family requirements.
On the ground floor, the accommodation comprises a Reception Hall, Drawing Room, Living Room, Country Kitchen with Aga, open to Garden Room (overlooking rear courtyard and gardens), Pantry, Utility Room, Study, Rear Hallway, and Cloakroom / WC.
On the first floor, there are four Bedrooms including a magnificent Master Bedroom Suite with Dressing Room and Ensuite Bathroom, and a Family Bathroom to service the other bedrooms.
From the rear hallway, a secondary stairway leads to a self-contained suite which currently comprises a playroom and guest bedroom with ensuite shower room. This area could readily be adapted for use as a self-contained Granny Flat, or teenagers / au pair's suite.
The property is set amidst well tended landscaped gardens with an upper equestrian yard providing excellent stabling, a barn, tack room, garage, and an all weather floodlit ménage.
Whilst the overall holding extends to c. 6 acres, there are two excellent fields accessed from the upper yard extending to 2.7 acres and 2.0 acres ideal for horses.
All in all, a superbly restored country house in a most sought after and accessible area of County Down.
Viewing is by private appointment, and is highly recommended.
- Hardwood entrance door with glazed side panels and stained glass fan light.
- RECEPTION HALL:
- 7.34m x 3.56m (24' 1" x 11' 8")
Quarry tiled floor, under stairs storage, stairs to first floor.
- DRAWING ROOM:
- 5.51m x 4.52m (18' 1" x 14' 10")
Corniced ceiling, ornate ceiling rose, attractive marble fire surround with cast iron inset, gas fire, slate hearth, built in shelving in recess, good range of built in cupboards and shelving, double aspect views.
- 4.85m x 4.11m (15' 11" x 13' 6")
Hand painted cream country style kitchen with a good range of high and low level units, granite top, island unit with solid wood top, Belfast sink with chrome mixer taps, recess for American fridge freezer, two ring black Aga with mantle above, integrated Beko dishwasher, wine rack, bookshelves, display cabinets, partly tiled walls, quarry tiled floor, recessed lighting, open to garden room.
- 2.95m x 1.55m (9' 8" x 5' 1")
Good range of shelving, integrated double oven, partly tiled walls, quarry tiled floor.
- GARDEN ROOM:
- 7.62m x 3.28m (25' 0" x 10' 9")
Vaulted ceiling light, dining and seating space, triple aspect windows overlooking gardens and patio, double opening doors to patio, quarry tiled floor, recessed lighting, open to kitchen.
- LIVING ROOM:
- 5.56m x 3.78m (18' 3" x 12' 5")
Attractive marble fire surround with cast iron inset, open fire, dog grate, slate hearth, built in shelving, double aspect windows.
- 2.51m x 1.78m (8' 3" x 5' 10")
Built in storage cupboard, hanging space, quarry tiled floor.
- Traditional crapper WC and storage cupboard with inset wash hand basin, shelving, quarry tiled floor.
- REAR ENTRANCE HALL:
- 6.86m x 4.34m (22' 6" x 14' 3")
Good range of fitted storage cupboard and drawers, bench seating, traditional Belfast sink, recessed lighting, access to rear. Access to first floor playroom/study.
- 6.2m x 4.24m (20' 4" x 13' 11")
Solid wood strip floor, double opening French doors to patio to side with beautiful views.
- UTILITY ROOM:
- 3.56m x 3.35m (11' 8" x 11' 0")
Good range of high and low level units, twin Belfast sink with chrome mixer tap, plumbed for washing machine, ducted for tumble dryer, partly tiled walls, quarry tiled floor.
- Traditional crapper WC and wall hung wash hand basin, quarry tiled floor, half panelled walls, recessed lighting, under stairs storage.
- MASTER BEDROOM:
- 5.54m x 4.57m (18' 2" x 15' 0")
Views to Slieve Donard, corniced ceiling. Steps up to:
- DRESSING ROOM:
- 3.78m x 2.26m (12' 5" x 7' 5")
Good range of fitted wardrobes.
- 4.34m x 3.96m (14' 3" x 13' 0")
Traditional suite with low flush WC, vanity unit with twin inset wash hand basins, free standing bath with chrome mixer tap and telephone hand shower attachment, walk in fully tiled shower with overhead attachment, tiled floor, recessed lighting, vaulted ceiling.
- BEDROOM (2):
- 5.51m x 3.76m (18' 1" x 12' 4")
Built in wardrobe, corniced ceiling.
- BEDROOM (3):
- 4.14m x 3.91m (13' 7" x 12' 10")
Wood strip floor, built in storage cupboard, recessed lighting.
- BEDROOM (4):
- 4.09m x 3.73m (13' 5" x 12' 3")
Built in storage cupboard.
- Low flush WC, pedestal wash hand basin, free standing bath with chrome mixer tap and telephone shower attachment, fully tiled shower with chrome overhead shower, chrome heated towel rail, tiled floor, half panelled walls, recessed lighting, storage cupboard.
- Access from Rear Hall to:
First Floor Annex
- 10.13m x 5.92m (33' 3" x 19' 5")
Wood strip floor, feature gas fire with log store below, conservation skylights.
- GUEST BEDROOM:
- 5.59m x 4.55m (18' 4" x 14' 11")
Wood strip floor, conservation skylight, storage cupboard with hanging space and shelving, service door to side.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- Contemporary suite with low flush WC, vanity unit with inset wash hand basin with mirror and light above, fully tiled shower with chrome shower fitments, tiled floor, fully tiled walls, recessed lighting, conservation skylight.
- Patio area.
- STORAGE CUPBOARD:
- 2.31m x 1.88m (7' 7" x 6' 2")
Quarry stone floor, shelving.
- Stone paved patio area with raised beds, feature pond, box hedging, steps up to garden area.
- CAR PORT:
- Panelled ceiling, light.
- STORAGE CUPBOARD:
- 3.3m x 1.85m (10' 10" x 6' 1")
Pressurised water tank, oil fired boiler, stone floor, shelving.
- STABLE BLOCK:
- CLOSED STORE:
- 4.29m x 3.78m (14' 1" x 12' 5")
Power and light.
- OPEN STORE:
- 3.91m x 2.62m (12' 10" x 8' 7")
- STABLE 1:
- 3.68m x 3.63m (12' 1" x 11' 11")
- STABLE 2:
- 3.71m x 3.71m (12' 2" x 12' 2")
- STABLE 3:
- 3.68m x 3.63m (12' 1" x 11' 11")
- 9.78m x 6.27m (32' 1" x 20' 7")
Power and light, sliding double height door.
- FLOODLIT ALL WEATHER ARENA:
- 40.01m x 19.99m (131' 3" x 65' 7")
With rubber surface.
- Garden laid in lawns, stone path winding through, greenhouse, mature shrub beds and hedge border.
Thornyhill Road is located off the Comber Road as you come out of Balloo. No.5 is located on the right hand side just after you turn onto Thornyhill Road.
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
How much will it cost?
Most Popular Ranking Today in
Are you selling this property?
Promote your listing on PropertyPal to get more exposure and put your property in front of the right people.
Not your property? Click here to search for your property.
Option 1: Boost It Back
Increase views of your property with a single boost back up the natural listings.
Option 2: Featured Listing
Get one Boost It Back every week for the duration of your order.
Additionally, your property appears as featured at the top of the search results on selected dates and locations.
Option 3: Premier Listing
Get an automatic Boost It Back every week for the next 4 weeks.
Additionally, your property appears as enhanced with extra photos and a description for the lifetime of your listing.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »