- Additional Information
- Sold Prices
- Share This Property
- Personal Notes
- Similar Properties
- Built circa 1830
- Historic pedigree on the Blackwater Valley
- Elegant formal rooms including library, dining room and lounge
- 14ft ceilings in ground floor rooms, with original features intact
- Large banqueting room
- South facing and spacious conservatory
- 14 bedrooms - 5 in the main house, 5 in the west wing and 4 in a private apartment, all ensuite
- Outbuildings including coach houses and storage space a plenty
- Approx. 1.53ha (3.8 acres) of mature grounds
- Idyllic secluded location
- Walking distance to all the amenities of Lismore Heritage Town
- Huge potential, whether as boutique hotel/guest house or private residence
- Oil fired central heating
- Three phase electricity supply
- Solar panels
- Biocycle septic tank
- Private water supply
DescriptionSherry FitzGerald Reynolds are delighted to offer for sale in conjunction with Sherry FitzGerald Country Homes and Brian Gleeson Property the stunning Ballyrafter House.
Built circa 1830, on the commission of the Duke of Devonshire, whose Irish Seat is the nearby Lismore Castle. Initially intended for the Duke's Steward, it soon became a hunting and fishing lodge for his guests. Adjacent to the famous Blackwater River, rich in trout and salmon, and at the foothills of the Knockmealdown Mountains, you can see why the spot was in such high demand.
Most recently, Ballyrafter has been a much-beloved 14-bedroomed country house hotel, extending its history of hospitality to new generations.
Once inside, a charming wood-panelled hallway brings you to an inner hall, accessing the dining room to the left, and Drawing Room to the right. The dining room has a lovely French bay window, and the Drawing Room is very elegant to relax. All the formal rooms at Ballyrafter have original features inc marble fireplaces and 14ft ceilings.
To the left of the Drawing Room is the conservatory, with geraniums to the ceiling and behind this a bar, leading on to a function room and very generous double-height banqueting hall.
Upstairs, the original house has five bedrooms, all ensuite, while a newer wing, accommodates five more. The East wing would make for ideal staff quarters, au pair flat or guest wing.
894.4 sq m (9,627 sq ft) approx.
From Dublin or Cork, take the M8, leaving at exit 17. Follow the N72 to Lismore. Keep on the N72, turning left at the Monument. Over the bridge at the petrol station, turn left onto the R668. Continue on for 100m, and turn right for Ballyrafter House.
Schools near Ballyrafter HouseVIEW SCHOOLS FINDER
Share this property
Add a personal note about this property
You can add your own personal notes about this property.
You can view all your notes by going to My PropertyPal.com.
You can remove this note at any time.
Notes can only be seen by you and any pals you have added, they cannot be viewed by the vendor or estate agent.
Spotted a Problem? Even the best agents make mistakes, help us to maintain accurate property information on our listings. Report a problem »